Forums

Topic: Dragon Quest XI + I, II & III

Posts 561 to 580 of 582

Eel

I assume that's another name for the mermaid waiting for her lover, right?

I told her the truth. It was just as traumatic.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Ralizah

That entire mermaid subplot was pretty depressing.

For the record, I told her the truth as well. Figured she had the right to know.

DQXI is an AMAZING game.

Playing depressing games alone in my cold, dark room <3

Ryu_Niiyama

@Eel Playing the JPN version, I don't know the English language name. I'm going to bet the ship hand isn't named Alice in the English language version though.

@Ralizah I like to see the reactions to the "but thou must" but even I was like I can't just lie to her...then I figured it would loop me back and uh yeah I was wrong. I think I'll keep it for now because I know I'll do a 2d play though in a few years. However I feel horrible. ...At least she isn't immortal like many of the Japanese Dragon Palace under the sea tales...
Also agreed. I bought like 30 games for Black Friday and I feel like I wasted my money because all I want to play is DQ.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Eel

I think whichever choice you pick makes very little difference in the grand scheme of things, so don't worry too much.

I do absolutely recommend you to watch the other route for that quest though! if you feel like your day was lacking just that little dash of depression.

Her English name is Michelle.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

rallydefault

What do you guys think... Dragon Quest XI or Mana Collection?

rallydefault

Ralizah

So, having finished FE: Three Houses (and spending 10+ hours on a second playthrough), I think I'm ready to go back to DQXI!

I quit right after hitting Arboria. So, I played for a number of hours yesterday and witnessed the fall of Yggdrasil. Not sure that I expected the game to pull a FF6, but I'm not hugely surprised, either.

These weird subplots with each character afterward weren't in the original PS4 release, right? I'm not sure how I feel about them. After witnessing something devastating like that, I want to get my party back together, not follow Sylvando on some bizarre pilgrimage to bring happiness back to the world. What tonal whiplash!

Considering Veronica and Serena talked not long before about 'wanting their leaves to fall at the same time,' I feel like this game is about to kill one of them off, and I'm not happy about it. This dread I'm feeling certainly isn't helping, and I don't care about the misadventures of surviving party members in the meantime.

It's a charming, funny game, but DQVIII had a VERY nasty edge to it at times, and I feel like that's about to happen with XI as well.

Regardless, I'm quite enjoying the game.

Edited on by Ralizah

Eel

Yes the character episodes are new to this version. But they do tie in with what happens afterwards.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

Ralizah

73 hours in now. I've finished the majority of the non-2D mode quests (haven't even visited Tickington in all this time, lol), and am ready to tackle the Fortress of Fear. I'm glad to know that there's essentially an entire third act to this game, because the time seemed to pass quickly. Too quickly.

komodo182

Anyone pick up 2 or 3 since they are on sale?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716
Asphalt Club Tag #15a1 (Siege Engine)

Magician

Just started Act II, thirty hours in. This is my lunch-break game, so I've just been slowly picking away at it. I assume I'm what...only a third of the way through the game? I've really enjoyed my time so far, but I'm afraid I won't get through the game before AC:NH arrives. DQ XI will have to be shelved as AC:NH is going to be my main game for several months.

Switch Physical Collection - 549 games (as of February 21st, 2020)
Currently playing: Katana Kami (Switch)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Tasuki

Got back into the demo again and it still amazes me how great this game looks on the Switch. I am 13 hours into the demo and can't believe how long this demo is.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Ralizah

@Tasuki I got the Switch version with portability in mind, but mainly ended up playing it on the TV. It looks GREAT docked. Portable mode isn't bad, but it's one of those games where I want it to look as good as possible.

I don't regret going for the Switch version, though. I wouldn't want to play this without the orchestral OST and faster battle mode. And they apparently made the forging a lot less annoying in this version.

Edited on by Ralizah

Tasuki

@Ralizah I play most of my Switch games docked, I have never been one for portable gaming. I can't compare this version to the PS4 version cause I passed on the PS4 version for this one. I am just waiting for the Switch version to get as low as the PS4 version.

My Backlog

Ralizah

@Tasuki Good luck with that. It's a Nintendo published title, so I'm guessing $39.99 is the hard bottom it'll drop to years from now in a sale.

Edited on by Ralizah

Tasuki

@Ralizah It's not published by Nintendo it's Published by Square. So I figure in a few months or so it will be down to $19.99 like the PS4 version did after a year or so after release.

My Backlog

Ralizah

@Tasuki It's published by Nintendo in both the UK and the US. Feel free to check that out on the game's product page on Nintendo's website if you don't believe me.

Edited on by Ralizah

Tasuki

@Ralizah That's the only site that mentions Nintendo published it. Every other site I go to GameStop, Square Enix, Amazon all say Square which I am inclined to believe. After all if it was published by Nintendo it wouldn't have been on PS4 first or at all.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

Ralizah

@Tasuki ...you don't think Nintendo knows better about who published the Switch version of the game than GameStop?

And, for the record, Amazon also lists Nintendo as the publisher for DQXIS.

They've published other Switch ports of third party games, too.

Tasuki

@Ralizah And again if Nintendo did publish it it wouldn't have been on PS4, last time I checked Nintendo doesn't publish games for the PlayStation.

My Backlog

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic