Forums

Topic: DOOM

Posts 521 to 540 of 1,213

Spoony_Tech

@JaxonH I think Doom needs to hit as close to 750k as possible. That's pretty good with the current install base but that sounds like a lot even if by years end there's 10 million Switches in the wild. This is still largely Nintendo fans looking for Nintendo games.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

NaviAndMii

Destiny 2 is 30fps on all consoles (even X1X) so 60fps clearly isn't absolutely essential for a top level shooter to be played and enjoyed by the masses - or to be a massive success...don't get me wrong, 60 is ideal - but 30 is perfectly playable - and, for me at least, portability > 60fps (provided that the trade-off is a drop to a stable 30 - dips below 30 can, admittedly, be pretty jarring!) ..to me, the bigger shame is that the level creator tools won't be present - that kinda stings - but still isn't the end of the world I guess ..the Switch currently has a 'first-person shooter void' and, by all accounts, the impressions people seem to be giving from their hands-on time with the Switch version at demonstration events etc. appear to indicate that DOOM is going to fill that void remarkably well ..exciting times!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Qwertyninty

Yep only game from next month pre-ordered as of right now. Going to wait for reviews of la noire.

Qwertyninty

MarcelRguez

@Qwertyninty L.A. Noire is just going to be the exact same game with some motion controls added in. Assuming everything works fine in the Switch port, you might as well read the reviews that are already out there.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

@MarcelRguez I was thinking the same thing but they still may make other improvements in gameplay that set it apart from the PS360 versions.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

TuVictus

Only ten more days before we can play something like DOOM on a modern Nintendo console. This is surely the twilight zone

TuVictus

MarcelRguez

@MegaTen Might just be the standard phrasing for games that require a download, even if some modes are playable without it. Not sure if Doom is the first example of this.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

JaxonH

@MegaTen
I only think it's optional if you buy the cartridge and simply choose to not download the MP update.

Digital will be the full game. Physically you can opt whether to update the game to receive the MP download

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Agriculture

I got it digitally on PS4 and it's a 77,53 gb download. It took 45 minutes to download, I never had to wait such a long time for a download.

Agriculture

GrailUK

@SLIGEACH_EIRE Thanks Sligmeister. Pre-ordered ^^

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Spoony_Tech

@Agriculture 45minutes?? Even with the best internet speed that seems too fast for that size. Were you able to preload before purchase?

MERG said:

Agriculture

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@Agriculture 45minutes?? Even with the best internet speed that seems too fast for that size. Were you able to preload before purchase?

It's just a standard 250 Mbit/s internet. It should take around 40-45 minutes to download around 75 gb on it. It costs 30 dollars a month, which I think is fair.

I could get 500 Mbit, but it cost 60 dollars a month. I can also chose 1 Gbit, but it's 90 dollars a month, which way to much to spend on an internet connection. It would only take 12 minutes to download the game on a 1 Gbit connection.

Agriculture

SLIGEACH_EIRE

@GrailUK Does it not annoy you that this is more expensive than Nintendo 1st party efforts? Like Super Mario Odyssey was £42, an original game, while DOOM is a year old port that looks worse than on other platforms and is missing a feature or two. Part of it could be the expensive cartridges, but the online multiplayer is digital.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

GrailUK

@SLIGEACH_EIRE I'm not buying another console to play Doom.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic