Forums

Topic: DOOM

Posts 441 to 460 of 1,213

TuVictus

I can't imagine what else it could be. I'm not getting my hopes up for something like Metroid prime, though. For all we know, that could be a newer developer only version that they're working on, and the copies that no doubt are being printed / shipped dont have it yet. All we know is, motion controls!! Which is very exciting.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Octane

@Operative2-0 We know ''motion controls'' was turned on in the video, but there seemed to be no gyro aiming. So it's probably something else. They did say specifically ''no motion controls'' after all...

Octane

TuVictus

I'm reminded of Jim's recent episode about publishers lying. It's possible it was just a lie for surprise effect later. Not saying it was, but it's plausible.

TuVictus

MarcelRguez

Call me crazy, but keeping what would probably be the nº1 selling point of this version (after portability, I guess) under wraps seems counterproductive. Not to mention, the game is coming out in three weeks or so.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

TuVictus

It would certainly be weird.

TuVictus

TuVictus

Time for some good old speculation. I'm going with "feature that will be added in post launch, splatoon style controls"

TuVictus

OorWullie

Here's a screenshot for anyone who missed it.

If I am to speculate, I'm going to go with Splatoon style controls but instead of them arriving post launch, there will be a day one update. Bethesda have seen the demand and decided the game stands a much better chance of success with them included.

Untitled

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Haruki_NLI

Apparently the video has been reuploaded, clarifying that the motion controls are to perform Glory Kills.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Haruki_NLI

@MarcelRguez Glory Kills and melee.

On other systems its controlled by clicking the right analog stick. Motion is only supported on the Joy-Con so...probably a thumb movement based thing. Replace the click with a motion. Probably handy in fast paced action.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

MarcelRguez

@BLP_Software Eh, I can live without it. Glory kills works as is with a dualshock, but on the other hand is less stress on the thumb stick. Better than nothing, I guess.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

JoyBoy

That’s actually pretty great news. I don’t own a pro controller because I love the joy-con. But if something would get annoying, it would be constantly having to click those thumbsticks.

Glad they are actually putting some thought into this port.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

JaxonH

Ya for sure. It's not as good as gyro aiming but it's definitely a nice addition, and will make glory kills super easy to perform.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

It’s been hard. Wicked hard. But I would expect it to be. This is a title that is so frenetic and action-packed and gameplay-pure that getting it to work correctly on the hardware is really important to us, and we spend a lot of time trying to make sure it measures up from the lens of ‘does it feel like Doom?'

As a gamer, I like the hardware. A lot. A lot. A lot. As a developer, I’m grateful to be bringing games people don’t expect to the hardware, and when they’re announced, people say ‘Wha–?!’ and then ‘Oh, that makes total sense.’ This might sound defensive, but I’m bummed some gamers focus on framerate or resolution, and don’t focus on, ‘Is it fun?’ or ‘Does gameplay feel good?’ I know we’re working hard to bring quality games to the hardware for which we develop. To make them enjoyable on the TV. To make them enjoyable on the go. I’m proud of my team. We’re working hard, we’re not cutting corners, and we’re not leaving anything on the table.

-Adam Creighton, Panic Button

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

TuVictus

To be fair, for DOOM, most of the enjoyment comes from the butter smooth gameplay, so naturally of course people will wonder about power. Because less power for a game like DOOM would mean choppier gameplay, greatly reducing the "feel" of the gameplay, which I think is DOOM's main attraction.

Not saying I agree with people knocking the Switch version, but those legitimately wondering about the quality of the game on the Switch based on its tech are just worried the game may lose some of its main appeal (butter smooth gameplay).

That said, smooth 30fps is all that's needed to assuage any fears, and it seems like they managed it. So kudos to them, I hope to support them with a purchase sometime down the line.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

kkslider5552000

60 FPS would OBJECTIVELY be better, but I can tolerate 30 fine. Most people will just be happy to play a truly next gen game on a handheld.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

ACK

I am getting extremely annoyed at this port, first for no gyro and now because they keep bringing up Doom 64.

Due to it being a Midway game, it's probably not ever getting a re-release and now they are just rubbing it in. Would be a fantastic bonus addition to this port, too... Or just a digital release alongside...

Hurts to be teased. Doom 64 might be my favorite version of OG Doom and since Nintendo platforms always get ignored for Ultimate Doom re-releases... I kind of feel we are owed another chance to play our most precious version of Doom.

ACK

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic