Forums

Topic: DOOM

Posts 381 to 400 of 1,213

Spoony_Tech

@Haru17 What retro is doing must be state secrets. O.o

Did UBISoft ever say what game they supposedly were sitting on for the Wii U install base to grow? Tbh I'm not even sure I ever believed them.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Haru17

@Spoony_Tech Not familiar with that quote, maybe it was Rabbids.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

jump

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@Haru17 What retro is doing must be state secrets. O.o

Did UBISoft ever say what game they supposedly were sitting on for the Wii U install base to grow? Tbh I'm not even sure I ever believed them.

It was a party game called know your friends.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Octane

Talking about Retro Studios, I really want another DKC game...

Octane

Spoony_Tech

@jump Gald that never happened @Octane

No!!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Octane

@Spoony_Tech Why not? It's the best game on Wii U and one of the better games on Wii.

Octane

Spoony_Tech

@Octane Because I want to see Retro do something new. They've already done 2 and I just don't see them doing a third. I do agree that both DKCR games are excellent though. Maybe in a couple more years we'll see another.

MERG said:

Octane

@Spoony_Tech Well, I know they're working on something new, but on the off chance that they're now big enough to be working on two games simultaneously...

Also, remember this one?

Untitled

Octane

TuVictus

Another example of how they don't always get all their details right, and that doesn't mean she's 100% fraud and it doesn't mean we should take everything as 100% sure. I really hope we get a glimpse of their thing sometime soon

TuVictus

Spoony_Tech

@Octane I was saying last month why can't we get more then one game from them every 2 to 4 years. Hopefully they give us 2 games over the next 2 years.

MERG said:

Haruki_NLI

@Operative2-0 Until it hits Jan 1st 2018 we have no reason to doubt her.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Octane

Yeah, they're going to shadow drop Retro's game later this month...

@Spoony_Tech I hope so too!

Octane

Haruki_NLI

@Octane Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

I'm not saying its going to happen, but we also cant say it wont. We cant confirm either way.

I mean hell, we found out about DOOM September 13th. It launches November 10th. It could happen.

Grumblevolcano

It could've been something as simple as originally planned for late 2017 but ended up being delayed due to Switch getting big 3rd party support. We know that if Nintendo released a first party Switch game in November, games like DOOM and Skyrim would suffer massively.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TuVictus

I'm sure whatever information she got that from is now outdated. We have no reason to believe it'll be announced and released this year, especially from a Retro game.

TuVictus

Spoony_Tech

@Operative2-0 I actually agree with @Grumblevolcano in that it might have been slated for this year but with the 3rds coming through they decided to save it for next year. We all thought Xenoblade 2 was going to be pushed back but that didn't happen. Almost wish it did as it's not even on my radar atm.

MERG said:

TuVictus

I'm sure something like that scenario happened. I'm sure at some point maybe it was the plan, but clearly not anymore, I feel. Hoping for a 2018 direct to clear things up

TuVictus

Haru17

BLP_Software wrote:

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Ah yes, remember that cool open world Zelda game that released exclusively for Wii U in 2015? Anybody?

So yeah, that kind of thing will never happen in this games marketing climate where companies like Nintendo announce games waaaaay in advance and show absolutely everything interesting about them in trailers and demos before release. Emily Rogers' leak probably was correct at time of reporting (thank god no more Donkey Kong games out of Nintendo's Naughty Dog), the game was just internally delayed like so many.

Nintendo needs another singleplayer adventure game with a story, we all know how long Zelda and Metroid games take to come out.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

OorWullie

Since we know absolutely nothing about what 1st party titles we're going to be playing the first few months of the new year then maybe we'll find out what Retro have been up to soon. A Direct full of announcements is surely just around the corner. There's a good chance one of Kirby or Yoshi will be the January game but they're not going to release both of them close to each other. That kind of rules out Donkey Kong Country 3 being a thing at least until later in the year. Whatever it is they are doing, the more time that passes the bigger the disappointment will be if it does is indeed turn out to be DKC 3 and only DKC 3.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Haruki_NLI

@Haru17 At the time was there any reason to say it wouldnt come in 2015?

Again, I, ME PERSONALLY, am not saying its likely. But as I said, the lack of proof one way or the other means it is a none entity. Cant confirm or deny if it will or wont until the alloted time has passed.

Remember that game called Xenoblade 2 everyone said was going to be delayed because no way will it come out this year, and I was saying until the date changes or 2017 passes there is no reason it isnt coming? Well, December 1st 2017. Look at that.

Unlikely does not equal impossible. It just means not likely. Truth be told for all we know the game could be annlunced tomorrow and come out late December. Is it likely? No. But there is no reason to say without evidence.

And I agree in this industry where Ubisoft can say x game wont be at E3 and oh look a week later boom its at E3, that what is said shouldnt be taken seriously but when something is a complete unknown quantity like this mystery Retro project, we have no info, no denial, no anything beyond rumour with no evidence whatsoever...its just as likely to appear one day from the sky than it isnt.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic