Forums

Topic: DOOM

Posts 361 to 380 of 1,257

YummyHappyPills

@JasmineDragon I'm sure his responsibilities are quite strenuous to be fair. We simply don't know the situation after all, but I agree, downplaying us as not being "grown ups" and saying "anyone" with any kind of responsibility wouldn't appreciate Switch is....well actually I wont lie, he is the first time I've seen that. Everyone else is either like us, who has it fit our responsibilities by its design as a hybrid, or can understand that draw to it.

But I guess having real responsibilities like a grown up means you cant spare a few seconds to hit that conclusion.

(My eyes just rolled out of my head. I need medical attention now)

@MegaTen I imagine I could finish Skyrim pretty quick. I mean I beat Samus Returns in a day. Why? Portable. I've made up near a hundred hours in Splatoon 2 already, because it's portable. Took about 8 months for that on Wii U. You'll find you actually have little snippets of time to play a game when you wouldn't otherwise consider it, and it all adds up.

And that's not something I can do with my PC or PS4.

Switch FC: SW-5242-2997-2115

MegaTen

@BLP_Software Great to read such experiences, and the same here. I was kinda used to this way of playing since the PlayStation Vita, and I am glad that these fully-fledged console and PC titles can now be experienced in the same way. Always hoped for a game like The Elder Scrolls coming to PlayStation Vita, but it wasn't happening, and even if it did, it wouldn't be as grand or great as it is on Switch.

Done with gaming. Farewell people!

DTMOF84

Lethal wrote:

electrolite77 wrote:

There are still millions of people out there who haven't played it,

Where is your source for that??? Skyrim has sold over 25 million physical copies and who knows how many digital. Probably not many people left that have not already played the game.

electrolite77 wrote:

You're transposing how you live onto a much larger group of people. We don't know how it will sell but just because you see no value in portability doesn't mean that applies to everyone else.

You are doing the same thing though.

I haven’t played Skyrim or anything before it.

Switch FC: SW-1027-6042-8537

Lethal

BLP_Software wrote:

@JasmineDragon I'm sure his responsibilities are quite strenuous to be fair. We simply don't know the situation after all, but I agree, downplaying us as not being "grown ups"

What is this "us" talk man? I was talking directly to YOU. You think you are in some sort of club? You have a team here? Is this club Nintendo vs Lethal the only adult with a job and family?

JasmineDragon wrote:

@BLP_Software I work 40-50 hours a week and my wife works even harder, which means I'm the primary caregiver for two kids and I do almost all of the housework. I look at my friends' play times on BOTW and Splatoon 2 and my mind just boggles. Gaming time for me is after the kids go to bed or whenever I can steal a few minutes.

This means my primary main device is always a portable. That's why I skipped the WiiU and all other consoles in that generation. The
DS/3DS were the only devices I could get any gaming done on.

But I guess I don't understand how it is when you have REAL RESPONSIBILITIES.

(Can you see me rolling my eyes from there? 😒)

It seemed you thought you were sarcastically not agreeing with me while at the same time you proved exactly my point. My argument is that adults with a family and such do not have a lot of time to play games in a day...

BLP_Software wrote:

@Lethal Having spent 3 years of my life in a committed relationship, which recently ended, going to a full time job 40 hours a week in a phone store and doing another 30 hours of study for a degree per week, all at the same time, I think I understand the concept of limited time.

lmfao! Get married and have some kids. You know nothing about limited time... You have absolutely no idea man.

I still stand by opinion. You do not have to like it one bit. Skyrim will not sell well on the Switch, and Doom will be a huge rip off at $60.

Edited on by Lethal

Switch Friend Code - SW-1147-4867-6886

rallydefault

@Lethal
I KNEW my wife and career were fake. Freakin' Matrix, man.

Freakin' Matrix.

rallydefault

YummyHappyPills

@rallydefault Yeah I didn't realise that the past 3 years of my life were fake. Or that I'm not an adult. Or that I don't have familial responsibilities. Or you know, currently between work.

@Lethal No, I'm not part of some club. I am part of a community. This one, as it happens, isn't that fancy? And hilariously enough, I pay attention to the people around here. I know many of them have responsibilities with employment, family, and so on just like I do, and just like you do. But here is the thing, they don't use that as an excuse to downplay an entire console. In fact, that's an extra selling point for them, as you have seen countless testimonials of now.

For us, collectively, as a community, it is fine to want the system and games for various reasons. No one is forcing you to buy it. If you don't find one aspect of it useful over others, fine, awesome, because that's how it fits into your life.

But you are not the only one with a life and family. You are not the only one with a set of responsibilities, and you sure as hell are not right to paint everyone here with the same brush believing your situation is the bare minimum standard of "Adult responsibility", and anything lesser is irrelevant to countering your points that are frankly asinine, juvenile, and shortsighted of the wider market image that is being presented to you, by this community.

And I say "Us" because we are a community. A collective. And I bring these people, and their testimonials in, because how does one back up a valid point? With evidence. Your belief that you are the only one around with any kind of responsibility is dumbfounding, but you are the only person, to use your responsibilities as a way to refuse this product. Everyone else has found it only benefits their decision!

As I said, your situation may well be more complex than that, and you may not at all have any free time whatsoever in your day and that is fine, I cannot stress this to you enough.

But the brush you are painting this community with from up on your high horse that stands atop a soapbox built on a foundation of sand, is false, it is insulting, and your grandiose sense of being superior to everyone else here and that makes you "right", will not stand.

Edited on by YummyHappyPills

Lethal

BLP_Software wrote:

But the brush you are painting this community with from up on your high horse that stands atop a soapbox built on a foundation of sand, is false, it is insulting, and your grandiose sense of being superior to everyone else here and that makes you "right", will not stand.

That is all on you buddy. I specifically backed up my opinion with my own experiences and if you feel like I am superior than you then oh well. You also have a problem with this whole right vs wrong thing. I said numerous times it was my opinion. Don't like it? Tough [removed] buddy. Maybe the problem is that you think you are always right.........

I do have some extra time on my hands right now so I am off to play some Destiny 2. Good day!

@Lethal Watch your language please - Octane

Edited on by Octane

MsJubilee

lol who made @BLP_Software the voice of this community? I thought the point of a community was to have everyone voice their own opinion like a human beings. Not have one guy talk for everyone. Don't be a sissy boy

Edited on by MsJubilee

I've died. There is no more me

This is the will of the heavens.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742 | Nintendo Network ID: TwilightAngel9

YummyHappyPills

@MegaTen you are right this game looks sharp, the more footage I watch. The 30fps is something my eyes are adjusting to as well, which is nice. I imagine the PPE helps with that (Post Processing Effects for you none-acronym speakers) as well as the general quality of the models and graphics.

Resolution, namely 720p on a TV is my big concern, but it does scale well, so we will have to see how it looks in that regard.

Then again, I have to play with colour blind mode on, so maybe itll look worse to me when I can better see whats happening on the screen!

rallydefault

@BLP_Software
Dang, man - @Lethal loves going for you. He never even responds to my comments when I @ him. #jealous

#blessed?

lol

rallydefault

Octane

Guys, I know it's called the ''DOOM'' thread, but it's about the game, not the noun that shares the same name.

Let's get back on topic, shall we?

Octane

xPH03N1Xx86

Goodness this thread got derailed...

I for one am looking forward to Doom and Wolfenstein.

Meow. :3

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8691-6279 | Nintendo Network ID: xPH03N1Xx86

JasmineDragon

All right, for real. Back on topic, what do you guys think is the better buy here, Doom or Wolfenstein? I've always leaned towards Doom, but Wolfenstein's trailer was pretty damn sharp. And since Skyrim comes out very close to Doom, I probably won't buy the latter for at least a few months. Skyrim is Day 1 for me. I'm psyched about that game.

Obviously I would like to buy both, but realistically that's a lot of money and a timesink for fairly similar games and I'll probably want to save and buy a second game in a different genre.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Current location: Stardew Valley

Samus7Killer

Only 9GB download for multiplayer isnt bad. My 64GB card should hopefully last 2 years till an upgrade is needed.

Edited on by Samus7Killer

Samus7Killer

MarcelRguez

@JasmineDragon We don't even have a release window for Wolfenstein, right? Might be a non-issue if it doesn't come out until mid-2018, for example.

That said, Doom is more "arcadey" while Wolfenstein is more story-focused. Assuming Wolfenstein's port is solid, you can't go wrong with either. Maybe down the line, when the Switch has a more sizeable catalog, it'll be easier to pick between the two.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Lethal

MsJubilee wrote:

lol who made @BLP_Software the voice of this community? I thought the point of a community was to have everyone voice their own opinion like a human beings. Not have one guy talk for everyone. Don't be a sissy boy

Exactly! My opinion often varies from others because I am a gamer that pretty much plays all consoles and I think for the most part my opinions are non biased. So many people here take my negative opinions a little to seriously, or personal.

rallydefault wrote:

@BLP_Software
Dang, man - @Lethal loves going for you. He never even responds to my comments when I @ him. #jealous

#blessed?

lol

Not trying to be rude at all. But I have not noticed your comments. Maybe the lack of an avatar has made me skip right over your replies?

Edited on by Lethal

Qwertyninty

@Azooooz yeah Nintendo obviously made the right decision going with the Tegra X1. Just imagine what could be done if this thing could run at higher clocks. I'm very curious as to what Switch part 2 is going to be. At this point I I want to see what Nvidia and Nintendo can do in a full console. I mean what we are seeing is good based on the size. The reality is future games will require more from 2018 and on. My question is can more be done with the switch. Is what we are seeing the best it can do. Can we expect the same from wolfenstine? Will nba 2k19 do anything better can we get clothing physics? I'm curious to see third party efforts 2018 and beyond.

Qwertyninty

JaxonH

@Qwertyninty
Development always improves with time as they learn the system more intimately.

It's not going to magically mean games on par with an Xbox One, but it will mean smoother frame rates and slightly higher, locked resolutions and maybe a little more visual fidelity.

But it's pretty good where it's at. The law of diminishing returns has really helped Switch games compare favorably. And most of Nintendo's own first party games just look immaculate- Arms almost looked like something I'd see on my Xbox One.

It's juuuust powerful enough to run downscaled versions of current gen, AAA games yet juuust underpowered enough to be portable at the same time with a few hours battery life. It's the perfect sweet spot, really...

This is what I always wanted from the Vita. It's more than I could've ever wanted from the Wii U. It's just a fantastic system- and the first time in a long time I feel like I could get by with a Nintendo console as my only console. Not that I would ever choose to stick to one system but, in the past you really needed a second console. But you could totally go Switch only and never run out of great games to play. And that's the sign that they're doing something right.

PLAYING
Switch: Xenoblade 2, Skyrim, Resident Evil Revelations 1/2
New 3DS:
PS4 Pro:
PSVR: Skyrim VR, DOOM VFR
Vita:
X1X: Wolfenstein 2
PC:

Jesus is Lord.

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9763-9374 | Nintendo Network ID: JaxonH

Pigeon

I'm staying cautious about this port.

I know the system is, of course, more underpowered than the Switch, but the FPS titles that came out from the west for the PS Vita turned out all to be pretty damn bad, mainly from a framerate POV. Even the best title, Killzone, which was built for the Vita from ground up, was difficult in some sections due to the low frames per second.

I've read from some sources already that DOOM could very well be 30fps in both docked AND handheld mode. If so, this would be a huge drawback. I'd much rather they scale back the graphics for a smooth 60fps experience.

However, I'll be cheering them on. I hope the game sells well, if only because it could mean Dishonored coming out for the Switch at a later time. That would be bliss.

Pigeon

FragRed

@Pigeon To be fair, most the FPS games for the Vita were cheap spin off games created just to throw something onto the system with little to no real care for quality. Call of Duty is the perfect example. Activision clearly didn't care but were likely paid big bucks to make a Vita exclusive game. I remember the hype when they showed nothing more than a title on stage. The finished game received overwhelmingly negative reviews because it was an outsourced cheaply produced spin off.

FragRed

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic