Forums

Topic: DOOM

Posts 361 to 380 of 1,213

NaviAndMii

KryptoKrunch wrote:

Yeah... Switch version looks fine, especially since it's running this well on a device that can be used as a portable. No, the Switch version isn't the best in terms of graphics, fps etc., but I'm sure everyone knows that. The naysayers will continue to beat that dead horse tho. lol

Untitled

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

JasmineDragon

@NaviAndMii GIF copied to use in the all-too-frequent "gimped port, gimped sales" threads we see around here, thank you very much!! It brought a smile to my face, at least.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

Samus7Killer

Im kinda on the fence aftwr playing through it last weekend again on PS4. But nonetheless im amazed its running on Switch and very happy for that.
Maybe ill pick it up for switch for the multiplayer.... that should be pretty active on switch me thinks.

Edited on by Samus7Killer

Samus7Killer

Guovssohas

Looks great to me, for me it's ok to have a little less detailed graphics, why? Because it's a portable for gods sake

Only thing i really want is that framerate stays pegged at 30fps at all times. Dips to 20fps or lower is not very pleasant, like botw does sometimes.

Guovssohas

JaxonH

@MegaTen
I hope people pick it up too.

DOOM, Skyrim, Wolfenstein 2... all excellent games (I played New Order, and I'm confident Wolf2 will be even better).

This is it. This is what people have been wanting for generations now. Quality 3rd party support. And this time there's actually a legitimate reason to buy it on Nintendo. This is the first time these games will ever be available as a handheld version. But as you said they are just straight up quality games that deserve to be played regardless.

It's time for Nintendo fans to unite. This is a lot more important than most people realize- the next 60 days will determine the future of 3rd party support on our platform. Unless people want a Switch with nothing but 1st party titles and indies... now is the time to act.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

FX102A

@JaxonH I do agree that at least in Bethesda's eyes, this will be a major deciding factor. Other 3rd parties also will be keeping an eye in it.

Nonetheless, I won't be diving blindly. I will most likely wait for reviews and customer feedback before deciding. This could be problematic with Bethesda's stupid review embargo policy. Had reviews come out a week before launch I would have a chance to put in a preorder (which seems to be of huge importance to publishers to gauge "success"). In their case, any order of mine is likely to come after launch.

FX102A

Spoony_Tech

I'm supporting every Bethesda game they put on the Switch. They are the #1 3rd party I wanted on board and I couldn't be happier.

On the very first Switch reveal trailer I was most excited to see Skyrim was coming more then Mario being shown.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ralizah

There are a lot of third parties I'd rather have on board, but I'm certainly not going to sneeze at Bethesda when they're the first big Western AAA dev to really take the plunge. They should be rewarded with good sales for leaping when others have hesitated. Especially when you consider they haven't released games on Nintendo hardware since the NES.

I'll be perfectly honest, though: I wanted Gal Gun on Switch far more than any Western third party game, and it's coming! With gyro aiming! I couldn't be happier.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

NaviAndMii

Guovssohas wrote:

Looks great to me, for me it's ok to have a little less detailed graphics, why? Because it's a portable for gods sake

Only thing i really want is that framerate stays pegged at 30fps at all times. Dips to 20fps or lower is not very pleasant, like botw does sometimes.

Same! Obviously, I prefer 60fs where possible - but I'll quite happily play the vast majority of games at 30fps, provided the framerate remains stable There are few things more jarring in games than frequent dips below 30fps - but I often find that games that deliver a stable 30 are perfectly playable, so not hitting 60 isn't a dealbreaker for me...by all accounts, DOOM seems to be delivering a pretty smooth experience on Switch - and that's all that matters as far as I'm concerned!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Alber-san

I'm definitely going to get DOOM on Christmas. Not only because it's a great game, but because Bethesda is giving the Switch a chance. If out of three great games none sell well there is literally no reason for them to continue supporting the system.

Switch FC: SW-4227-6363-7321
Online games:
Rocket League, Splatoon 2, NBA Playgrounds, Fortnite

Favourite single player games:XC2, Skyrim, TLoZ: BotW

Sisilly_G

I'm not particularly keen on Skyrim, but I'll buy it to support Bethesda. Doom and Wolfenstein are unquestionable, essential day-one purchases. They have been the best third party announcements that Nintendo has ever had as far as I'm concerned.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Aozz101x

according to Nintendo Switch's offical Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/NintendoSwitch
Doom will launch on November 10, 2017
update:
Nintendo upload a youtube video

Edited on by Aozz101x

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

Less then a month??? What are they thinking. I'm getting both regardless but how many will be able to afford Doom and Skyrim a well apart from each other?

It's a good problem to have though as Nintendo fans this is what we wanted. Put up or shut up as they say.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Haruki_NLI

October 20 - Fire Emblem Warriors
October 27 - Super Mario Odyssey
November 7 - Sonic Forces
November 10 - DOOM
November 17 - Skyrim
December 1 - Xenoblade

Aaaaaaaaaa this feels so weird this isnt Nintendo

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Haru17

Wow, crazy. I can spot three of those games that are going to be weak, but crazy nonetheless. I hope they have enough games to span 2018 if they're putting out first party titles in December.

@Spoony_Tech I think they realize that Bethesda makes a diverse range of first-person games. In all likelihood the audience who wants a slow, immersive, exploration and narrative-based fantasy open world action RPG (me) is not the same one that wants to play a retro revival twitchy sci-fi first-person shooter with little story to go on.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Octane

@BLP_Software Fire Emblem, Mario, Xenoblade... If it isn't Nintendo, then who are they?

SONY BOUGHT NINTENDO'S IP!?!

Octane

Haruki_NLI

@Octane I'm saying this is very er....unusual, given the past few years

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Haru17

Well they had to release all those Wii U games they held eventually.

(Clears throat before shouting) WHAT ARE YOU DOING, RETRO!? It's almost been four years. Most games only ever get three, and you guys did each of the Prime games in two apiece, give or take.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic