Forums

Topic: DOOM

Posts 341 to 360 of 1,213

Peek-a-boo

Yeah, I don’t think anybody - except a (tiny) vocal minority - is saying that this doesn’t look impressive. If anything, despite the unfortunate lack of 60fps, DOOM on the Switch looks better than it has any right to be!

I would absolutely love to see if they could hit 60fps at, say... 540p on portable mode. Granted, it may well be a sub-HD resolution however, that would be an even greater and worthwhile accomplishment IMO.

Peek-a-boo

Haruki_NLI

Would it help you all sleep if I lied and said it looks impressive when I cant see the detail in the visuals because colour blind mode enabled screens wont be out until post-release if we are lucky? @Peek-a-boo @Operative2-0 @Ralizah

Okay, lets try this. I'm sure to someone who isn't visually impaired and can see and distinguish all the detail in the images, it looks very good for what it is. Better?

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Ralizah

@BLP_Software I wasn't thinking of you when I was talking about trolls and negativity.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Haruki_NLI

@Ralizah It was my comments that sparked this fire again XD

Ralizah

@BLP_Software What a trouble-maker.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

TuVictus

Yeah I sort of just threw my nonsense opinion about framerate as a standalone comment as well, I'm no expert on graphics that's for sure.

TuVictus

link3710

@BLP_Software Given that the Switch features built in screen capturing, I would think it would be one of the easier systems to post on here and ask for someone to send over some screens. Heck, I'll do it when I pick it up if you haven't found any by then.

As for the graphics, they're impressive enough for me. I love my PC rig that can play games in 4k, but at the same time, portability is probably a bigger factor for me in actually playing this game. Something like this is something I'd play thirty minutes in bed before sleep each night, and with the instant pause from sleep mode I don't even need to reach checkpoints or however it's set up.

link3710

Haruki_NLI

@link3710 Yeah if someone could post screengrabs post release using Deuteranopia mode that'd be dope. Id like to actually see the game XD

JaxonH

@BLP_Software
I don't think anyone was thinking about you.

Although it should be said, if you've got issues seeing properly you're really not in a position to say something looks bad. Cause you're perception of everything will be skewed.

But no, you started nothing. I'm seeing posts all over Reddit, here, IGN... all over the internet and it's getting a little ridiculous.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Haruki_NLI

@JaxonH Yay my opinion even with colourblind mode on with relation to resolution and frame rates and art style is invalid!

Its literally just a case of show me the game without all the red. Then i can see the detail, the pixel count so on so forth.

I have no issue with my actual vision beyond a lazy eye and being short sighted. The disability is red-green coliurblindness that doesnt impact anything like the resolution or my opinion of it.

Just my opinion is based on what they are showing us pre release which is designed to sell us on the experience. So far I can barely see the experience because its just a red and brown blobby mess on a screen! Its like that on PS4 too.

My mistake for saying it looked low res, that was just me being forgetful that you guys wont see what I see. Well you will...i just need red to be removed before I can. XD

Inertiacreep

Damn look how smooth the frame rates are now.. i knew they would do it.

Inertiacreep

TuVictus

Looks perfectly playable. A part of me will lament the muddied graphics and lesser fps, but the fact that I'm playing DOOM of all games on a portable Nintendo console is too much of a novelty to pass up. It's how I felt when I got mass effect 3 for the wii u

TuVictus

JaxonH

@Operative2-0
Oh I think the graphics won't look muddied at all. The entire Wii U catalog ran at 720p and I don't recall any of those games looking muddy. Splinter Cell Blacklist, Watch Dogs, Deus Ex HR, Batman Arkham City, Call of Duty BO2, Assassin's Creed 4... I think DOOM is gonna look just fine. Especially on that handheld screen, probably be in the running for best looking portable game in the history of video games.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

TuVictus

You know, this game gives a new meaning to "Nintendo is DOOMed"

TuVictus

Grumblevolcano

I'd say if you're interested in the single player then buy it but if you're buying for the multiplayer don't bother as the download requirement will likely make it very inactive.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Azooooz

It's impressive that the game runs on a mobile processor, with small differences in graphics and texture compared to its counterparts. Imagine Nvidia makes a mobile GPU that has the same power as GTX 1070, and Nintendo secures the chip for its next console.

Edited on by Azooooz

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

DTMOF84

@Grumblevolcano I really think the online will be active for it. It’s a free download and there’s no online multiplayer game like it on the Switch. I’m sure the same will happen for Wolfenstein too.

🇺🇸
☕️
🤘🏻

KryptoniteKrunch

Yeah... Switch version looks fine, especially since it's running this well on a device that can be used as a portable. No, the Switch version isn't the best in terms of graphics, fps etc., but I'm sure everyone knows that. The naysayers will continue to beat that dead horse tho. lol

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

JaxonH

Firsthand experience posted on Reddit (link provided below)

Skyrim: It ran very well except for a heavy frame drop i noticed when going to the golden claw quest on a combat before entering the ruins but only 1 time in the minutes i got to play it, did the whole golden claw quest from riverwood till finishing that quest, graphically looks just what the game can offer in its vanilla (no mods) state, motion controls were enabled and it works well even though i didn't know what gesture to make to launch the lightning bolt the character was equiped with a 1h sword and magic on offhand, dont know what more to say its just the standard skyrim experience which is good, portable, and on a nintendo platform, never played it con console before only on pc so i was a little confused with the controls but got used to it fast, for people who like skyrim or never played it and its interested on playing it is a recommended purchase.

Doom: I had high hopes and i didn't left the stand disappointed, game looks really good on handheld mode, didn't noticed any drop at all on the first part of the game, only complain is that maybe the screen had the brightness too low because everything looked pretty dark in the beginning and i wasn't able to check it out maybe it was disabled or maybe the game is that way, but when i got to a more iluminated zone everything looked fantastic, in other words, it really looks near ps4 levels on portable mode because of the small screen effect to the eye, detailed, good textures, doom at 720p resolution on a 6" screen looks amazing, theres a graphic option to turn on/off motion blur and chromatic aberration, my only concern is how it will looks on tv, maybe there we will notice a bigger difference with ps4/one because its still 720p but atleast on handheld its amazing, if you are looking for a portable doom experience this is a must 100%.

And as a final note on both is that both games were designed first to be played on tv so the menus and texts in general can be sometimes difficult to read because of the font size, really small on HH mode, some people might have trouble with it if you dont have a good sight.

Left the stand very happy and impressed with both games, will probably get both even if i had played them before to play them anywhere when im not at home

Edited on by JaxonH

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic