Forums

Topic: DOOM

Posts 301 to 320 of 1,213

rallydefault

@Lethal
I KNEW my wife and career were fake. Freakin' Matrix, man.

Freakin' Matrix.

rallydefault

Haruki_NLI

@rallydefault Yeah I didn't realise that the past 3 years of my life were fake. Or that I'm not an adult. Or that I don't have familial responsibilities. Or you know, currently between work.

@Lethal No, I'm not part of some club. I am part of a community. This one, as it happens, isn't that fancy? And hilariously enough, I pay attention to the people around here. I know many of them have responsibilities with employment, family, and so on just like I do, and just like you do. But here is the thing, they don't use that as an excuse to downplay an entire console. In fact, that's an extra selling point for them, as you have seen countless testimonials of now.

For us, collectively, as a community, it is fine to want the system and games for various reasons. No one is forcing you to buy it. If you don't find one aspect of it useful over others, fine, awesome, because that's how it fits into your life.

But you are not the only one with a life and family. You are not the only one with a set of responsibilities, and you sure as hell are not right to paint everyone here with the same brush believing your situation is the bare minimum standard of "Adult responsibility", and anything lesser is irrelevant to countering your points that are frankly asinine, juvenile, and shortsighted of the wider market image that is being presented to you, by this community.

And I say "Us" because we are a community. A collective. And I bring these people, and their testimonials in, because how does one back up a valid point? With evidence. Your belief that you are the only one around with any kind of responsibility is dumbfounding, but you are the only person, to use your responsibilities as a way to refuse this product. Everyone else has found it only benefits their decision!

As I said, your situation may well be more complex than that, and you may not at all have any free time whatsoever in your day and that is fine, I cannot stress this to you enough.

But the brush you are painting this community with from up on your high horse that stands atop a soapbox built on a foundation of sand, is false, it is insulting, and your grandiose sense of being superior to everyone else here and that makes you "right", will not stand.

Edited on by Haruki_NLI

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Lethal

BLP_Software wrote:

But the brush you are painting this community with from up on your high horse that stands atop a soapbox built on a foundation of sand, is false, it is insulting, and your grandiose sense of being superior to everyone else here and that makes you "right", will not stand.

That is all on you buddy. I specifically backed up my opinion with my own experiences and if you feel like I am superior than you then oh well. You also have a problem with this whole right vs wrong thing. I said numerous times it was my opinion. Don't like it? Tough [removed] buddy. Maybe the problem is that you think you are always right.........

I do have some extra time on my hands right now so I am off to play some Destiny 2. Good day!

@Lethal Watch your language please - Octane

Edited on by Octane

Switch Friend Code - SW-1147-4867-6886

MsJubilee

lol who made @BLP_Software the voice of this community? I thought the point of a community was to have everyone voice their own opinion like a human beings. Not have one guy talk for everyone. Don't be a sissy boy

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Haruki_NLI

@MegaTen you are right this game looks sharp, the more footage I watch. The 30fps is something my eyes are adjusting to as well, which is nice. I imagine the PPE helps with that (Post Processing Effects for you none-acronym speakers) as well as the general quality of the models and graphics.

Resolution, namely 720p on a TV is my big concern, but it does scale well, so we will have to see how it looks in that regard.

Then again, I have to play with colour blind mode on, so maybe itll look worse to me when I can better see whats happening on the screen!

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

rallydefault

@BLP_Software
Dang, man - @Lethal loves going for you. He never even responds to my comments when I @ him. #jealous

#blessed?

lol

rallydefault

Octane

Guys, I know it's called the ''DOOM'' thread, but it's about the game, not the noun that shares the same name.

Let's get back on topic, shall we?

Octane

Pho

Goodness this thread got derailed...

I for one am looking forward to Doom and Wolfenstein.

Poyo! <3

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8691-6279 | Nintendo Network ID: xPH03N1Xx86

JasmineDragon

All right, for real. Back on topic, what do you guys think is the better buy here, Doom or Wolfenstein? I've always leaned towards Doom, but Wolfenstein's trailer was pretty damn sharp. And since Skyrim comes out very close to Doom, I probably won't buy the latter for at least a few months. Skyrim is Day 1 for me. I'm psyched about that game.

Obviously I would like to buy both, but realistically that's a lot of money and a timesink for fairly similar games and I'll probably want to save and buy a second game in a different genre.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

Samus7Killer

Only 9GB download for multiplayer isnt bad. My 64GB card should hopefully last 2 years till an upgrade is needed.

Edited on by Samus7Killer

Samus7Killer

MarcelRguez

@JasmineDragon We don't even have a release window for Wolfenstein, right? Might be a non-issue if it doesn't come out until mid-2018, for example.

That said, Doom is more "arcadey" while Wolfenstein is more story-focused. Assuming Wolfenstein's port is solid, you can't go wrong with either. Maybe down the line, when the Switch has a more sizeable catalog, it'll be easier to pick between the two.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Lethal

MsJubilee wrote:

lol who made @BLP_Software the voice of this community? I thought the point of a community was to have everyone voice their own opinion like a human beings. Not have one guy talk for everyone. Don't be a sissy boy

Exactly! My opinion often varies from others because I am a gamer that pretty much plays all consoles and I think for the most part my opinions are non biased. So many people here take my negative opinions a little to seriously, or personal.

rallydefault wrote:

@BLP_Software
Dang, man - @Lethal loves going for you. He never even responds to my comments when I @ him. #jealous

#blessed?

lol

Not trying to be rude at all. But I have not noticed your comments. Maybe the lack of an avatar has made me skip right over your replies?

Edited on by Lethal

Switch Friend Code - SW-1147-4867-6886

Qwertyninty

@Azooooz yeah Nintendo obviously made the right decision going with the Tegra X1. Just imagine what could be done if this thing could run at higher clocks. I'm very curious as to what Switch part 2 is going to be. At this point I I want to see what Nvidia and Nintendo can do in a full console. I mean what we are seeing is good based on the size. The reality is future games will require more from 2018 and on. My question is can more be done with the switch. Is what we are seeing the best it can do. Can we expect the same from wolfenstine? Will nba 2k19 do anything better can we get clothing physics? I'm curious to see third party efforts 2018 and beyond.

Qwertyninty

JaxonH

@Qwertyninty
Development always improves with time as they learn the system more intimately.

It's not going to magically mean games on par with an Xbox One, but it will mean smoother frame rates and slightly higher, locked resolutions and maybe a little more visual fidelity.

But it's pretty good where it's at. The law of diminishing returns has really helped Switch games compare favorably. And most of Nintendo's own first party games just look immaculate- Arms almost looked like something I'd see on my Xbox One.

It's juuuust powerful enough to run downscaled versions of current gen, AAA games yet juuust underpowered enough to be portable at the same time with a few hours battery life. It's the perfect sweet spot, really...

This is what I always wanted from the Vita. It's more than I could've ever wanted from the Wii U. It's just a fantastic system- and the first time in a long time I feel like I could get by with a Nintendo console as my only console. Not that I would ever choose to stick to one system but, in the past you really needed a second console. But you could totally go Switch only and never run out of great games to play. And that's the sign that they're doing something right.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

FragRed

@Pigeon To be fair, most the FPS games for the Vita were cheap spin off games created just to throw something onto the system with little to no real care for quality. Call of Duty is the perfect example. Activision clearly didn't care but were likely paid big bucks to make a Vita exclusive game. I remember the hype when they showed nothing more than a title on stage. The finished game received overwhelmingly negative reviews because it was an outsourced cheaply produced spin off.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

JaxonH

@Pigeon

It's confirmed 30fps, docked or handheld. But every major gaming news site has said it plays smoothly and feels great. I think a little too much emphasis has been placed on framerate number over framerate stability.

I don't think it's possible to scale the graphics back enough to get 60fps in this game. And to be honest I don't think it's worth it even if they could- even on PS4/Xbox the game couldn't achieve a solid 60fps. It dipped to 40 and 50 as seen in the Digital Foundry analysis. If even those systems had an inconsistent framerates dropping to 40fps, no way Switch could ever manage. Provided it is indeed a stable, consistent 30fps (which judging by pretty much every impressions piece, it is) the gain achieved by upgrading to a similar, inconsistent 40-60 as other consoles simply doesn't outweigh the considerable concessions that would have to be made both visually and in resolution in order to achieve it.

Vita FPS were pretty bad (Borderlands 2, Call of Dufy and Resistance comes to mind) but everyone who's played this says it feels great and plays smoothly and feels like the other console versions. So I wouldn't be too worried about it.

Should watch some gameplay of it running on Switch. It looks incredibly smooth and surprisingly comparable visually.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Spoony_Tech

JaxonH wrote:

@Pigeon

Call of Dufy

For some reason this just made my day!

@MegaTen All 14 of those people were actually just @JaxonH getting the word out to support this game lol!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

JaxonH

@Spoony_Tech

#buydoomforswitch 😁

electrolite77

Lethal wrote:

electrolite77 wrote:

There are still millions of people out there who haven't played it,

Where is your source for that??? Skyrim has sold over 25 million physical copies and who knows how many digital. Probably not many people left that have not already played the game.

It's sold 30 million copies in total.

http://www.rollingstone.com/glixel/interviews/skyrim-creator-...

The Console formats it's been on have sold about 250 million systems. Who knows how many PC's can play it? But it's sold 30 million copies.

Lethal wrote:

electrolite77 wrote:

You're transposing how you live onto a much larger group of people. We don't know how it will sell but just because you see no value in portability doesn't mean that applies to everyone else.

You are doing the same thing though.

Where? I understand people have different use cases and different lifestyles. I'm not the one saying ludicrous things like "Maybe when you have a real job, wife, and a family, you will understand when grown ups actually get a chance to play video games" because I don't know what other people's situations are. Mine, as a 40 year-old Air Traffic Controller with two young kids and a wife, is one where the Switch fits in perfectly. Other people will be different. Try to grasp that.

Xbox Gamertag - GJB77XBOX

Playstation ID - GJB77

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

JaxonH

@MegaTen

No no no, I'm a BestBuy employee. CEO in fact. Nobody's stepping up to my Gamer's Club Unlocked program. Not even Amazon's VP @SirJBizzle knows what to do about it

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic