Forums

Topic: DOOM

Posts 281 to 300 of 1,213

SKTTR

Whatever they do, they have to ADD GYRO AIMING to DOOM and any other game with first person and third person shooting, just like they did for Skyrim!

I don't care about any other kind of motion control but gyro-aiming is a must-have. An optional must-have if there ever was one!

Many of us aim in our games with IR or gyro since 2007 (Wii - ten years ago), but having twin stick controls at max? This is what GoldenEye gave us in 1997, twenty years ago!

Just saying, it's not so easy to get away on a Nintendo console when you do not offer at least the bare minimum of standard controls!

Yes, gyro aiming is standard. Maybe it's the future on Xbox and PS but on Nintendo it is the expected standard.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Sisilly_G

Gyro controls would be preferable in lieu of a keyboard and mouse. FPS games are too difficult with a conventional controller IMO.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

electrolite77

@Lethal

"Oh I never said I was not impressed. I am. I am just not excited about a $60 price tag on a game that costs $30 now."

A very relevant point if you have another system to play it on. For a Nintendo-only gamer the price on other systems is irrelevant. I have it on XB1, when I bought it I could have got it cheaper on PC but I don't have a PC that would run it so that price was irrelevant.

"Skyrim has already made its money twice over and the Switch will suffer greatly from it. It will have low sales."

We'll see but I think it will do fine. There are still millions of people out there who haven't played it, it's laser-targetted at a Nintendo audience, and portability may tempt double-dippers. People keep saying this about ports and remasters but they keep getting made because there is always a new audience for them and they don't cost as much to make as a new game

"FIFA is not eve the same game as the home consoles and is lacking game modes. It will have the lowest sales. I think people will choose 2K18 over Fifa if they have to make a choice."

FIFA will outsell NBA like it always does. And the only thing it's missing is the Journey mode. The important thing-the sport-seems to be in there. As for 'lowest sales' well, yeah, of course the Switch version will sell less. It has the smallest userbase by a long way. That's meaningless really.

MegaTen wrote:

I read numerous comments from "older" gamers, that they'd love to take a game like this with them on the go - because they are on the road for example or love to play at lunch breaks...

"That may be true for some. But I own and operate a construction company and my lunch breaks consist of me grabbing a pop-tart and eating while I work. So my opinion is based off my life style and those I am around2

You're transposing how you live onto a much larger group of people. We don't know how it will sell but just because you see no value in portability doesn't mean that applies to everyone else.

Xbox Gamertag - GJB77XBOX

Playstation ID - GJB77

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

electrolite77

Please don't let gyro aiming be the reason this doesn't sell. Come on.

Xbox Gamertag - GJB77XBOX

Playstation ID - GJB77

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

Spoony_Tech

Hopefully when they get the game out they can patch in 1080p docked but for some reason I doubt they will. Once done with Doom they will probably move on to Wolfenstein. Same with Rocket League.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

JasmineDragon

Gyro aiming would be nice but I'm fine with the classic control scheme. It's an old-school shooter. I kind of expect old-school controls.

Resident Evil Revelations already annoyed me with the announcement of gyro aiming and motion reloading, both great features to have except they are locked into a right-handed control setup. I'm strongly left-handed, and that's not going to work for me. I might be able to get used to the reloading. but I'll be fighting against years of muscle memory, and my aim with my right hand will never be as good as the left hand.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

Lethal

electrolite77 wrote:

There are still millions of people out there who haven't played it,

Where is your source for that??? Skyrim has sold over 25 million physical copies and who knows how many digital. Probably not many people left that have not already played the game.

electrolite77 wrote:

You're transposing how you live onto a much larger group of people. We don't know how it will sell but just because you see no value in portability doesn't mean that applies to everyone else.

You are doing the same thing though.

Edited on by Lethal

Switch Friend Code - SW-1147-4867-6886

Haruki_NLI

@Lethal There are 7.5 billion humans alive right now.

Thats a lot of people yet to play Skyrim by my math.

Even then, if we assume everyone with a PS4 has played Skyrim, thats still what, 25 million or so on PS4 alone who have yet to play it if we take a generous guess at digital sales? Then theres all the people who have an Xbox One who dont have a PS4, which would add to that nimber. Then all the people who have a Switch but not either of those consoles who havent played it, and then all the PC players who I know because I can just look and see, who havent played it.

Hell, Ive never played it. TES is a game you need to sit down and commit time to to play and progress. Ive never had the drive or time to do so with a game like this. But now I can. In short pick up and play sessions. In train rides. On a plane of I ever get that daring and over my fears.

There is always a market for a game. The trick is making sure you reach them.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Lethal

BLP_Software wrote:

@Lethal There are 7.5 billion humans alive right now.

By your logic all games should sell billions of copies!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Amazing that they don't....

Haruki_NLI

@Lethal By your logic everyone is like you and there are only a small amount of people who are able to play games.

Lethal

BLP_Software wrote:

@Lethal By your logic everyone is like you and there are only a small amount of people who are able to play games.

You need to comprehend better. At no point did I say a small amount of people are able to play games. Maybe when you have a real job, wife, and a family, you will understand when grown ups actually get a chance to play video games...

Edited on by Lethal

Haruki_NLI

@Lethal Having spent 3 years of my life in a committed relationship, which recently ended, going to a full time job 40 hours a week in a phone store and doing another 30 hours of study for a degree per week, all at the same time, I think I understand the concept of limited time.

In fact, I am willing to say that having had a real job, a relationship, and extensive and expensive commitments, the Switch is a blessing in disguise given the time I spent on a train traveling, the time in cars, the brief periods between classes, downtime with my then-partner after studying.

Yes everyone is different, and you are entitled to your opinion about this, but for a lot of people my age, and people like @JaxonH the Switch is something that fits into their life. Maybe not yours, and that's fine, but saying "All these responsibilities means no one should have time" is simply false.

rallydefault

Hey, guys.

This just in:

People are different.

I'll keep y'all updated if anything changes.

rallydefault

Zyrac

electrolite77 wrote:

Please don't let gyro aiming be the reason this doesn't sell. Come on.

It's the reason it's not selling to me, at least. You want Splatoon-playing Switch owners to buy your FPS, you oughta get with the program, I reckon. And it's not like that's a tall order.

I appreciate that there are people who will still get it "because DOOM", but I was on the fence and this is what knocked me off of it.

Zyrac

Twitter:

JaxonH

@sillygostly
The game is 25gb, not 9gb. The multiplayer is 9gb. Single player is 16gb.

No way RE Revelations Collection could have fit on a cart together. The first game is 16gb and the second is 26gb. The 3DS version is like Fire Emblem Warriors. Small on 3DS but the Switch version is like 14gb. That's what happens with higher performing console versions. They're wayyy bigger. The second game alone would take up a 32gb cart.

They could have sold separately, each on their own cart, but there's no way price would have been $19.99 each using 32gb carts. Probably would have been $29.99 each, so $60 for the pair. Personally, I'd have been ok with that but... quantity demanded drops significantly with a 50% price increase.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Haruki_NLI

@MegaTen Its one of the many reasons I'm looking at playing Skyrim for the first time ever. Sure, it wont look as good (usually), but its not like a GameBoy game Vs N64 scenario anymore. Its like what the Xbox One is to the PS4, the Switch is to the Xbox One, if that analogy makes sense.

And with these bigger games, where I don't have time to commit longer play sessions, and that would mean short 5-10 minute bursts of rebooting, loading, etc. etc., now I don't need to.

JasmineDragon

@BLP_Software I work 40-50 hours a week and my wife works even harder, which means I'm the primary caregiver for two kids and I do almost all of the housework. I look at my friends' play times on BOTW and Splatoon 2 and my mind just boggles. Gaming time for me is after the kids go to bed or whenever I can steal a few minutes.

This means my primary main device is always a portable. That's why I skipped the WiiU and all other consoles in that generation. The
DS/3DS were the only devices I could get any gaming done on.

But I guess I don't understand how it is when you have REAL RESPONSIBILITIES.

(Can you see me rolling my eyes from there? 😒)

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

Haruki_NLI

@JasmineDragon I'm sure his responsibilities are quite strenuous to be fair. We simply don't know the situation after all, but I agree, downplaying us as not being "grown ups" and saying "anyone" with any kind of responsibility wouldn't appreciate Switch is....well actually I wont lie, he is the first time I've seen that. Everyone else is either like us, who has it fit our responsibilities by its design as a hybrid, or can understand that draw to it.

But I guess having real responsibilities like a grown up means you cant spare a few seconds to hit that conclusion.

(My eyes just rolled out of my head. I need medical attention now)

@MegaTen I imagine I could finish Skyrim pretty quick. I mean I beat Samus Returns in a day. Why? Portable. I've made up near a hundred hours in Splatoon 2 already, because it's portable. Took about 8 months for that on Wii U. You'll find you actually have little snippets of time to play a game when you wouldn't otherwise consider it, and it all adds up.

And that's not something I can do with my PC or PS4.

DTMOF84

Lethal wrote:

electrolite77 wrote:

There are still millions of people out there who haven't played it,

Where is your source for that??? Skyrim has sold over 25 million physical copies and who knows how many digital. Probably not many people left that have not already played the game.

electrolite77 wrote:

You are doing the same thing though.

I haven’t played Skyrim or anything before it.

🇺🇸
☕️
🤘🏻

Lethal

BLP_Software wrote:

@JasmineDragon I'm sure his responsibilities are quite strenuous to be fair. We simply don't know the situation after all, but I agree, downplaying us as not being "grown ups"

What is this "us" talk man? I was talking directly to YOU. You think you are in some sort of club? You have a team here? Is this club Nintendo vs Lethal the only adult with a job and family?

JasmineDragon wrote:

@BLP_Software I work 40-50 hours a week and my wife works even harder, which means I'm the primary caregiver for two kids and I do almost all of the housework. I look at my friends' play times on BOTW and Splatoon 2 and my mind just boggles. Gaming time for me is after the kids go to bed or whenever I can steal a few minutes.

This means my primary main device is always a portable. That's why I skipped the WiiU and all other consoles in that generation. The
DS/3DS were the only devices I could get any gaming done on.

But I guess I don't understand how it is when you have REAL RESPONSIBILITIES.

(Can you see me rolling my eyes from there? 😒)

It seemed you thought you were sarcastically not agreeing with me while at the same time you proved exactly my point. My argument is that adults with a family and such do not have a lot of time to play games in a day...

BLP_Software wrote:

@Lethal Having spent 3 years of my life in a committed relationship, which recently ended, going to a full time job 40 hours a week in a phone store and doing another 30 hours of study for a degree per week, all at the same time, I think I understand the concept of limited time.

lmfao! Get married and have some kids. You know nothing about limited time... You have absolutely no idea man.

I still stand by opinion. You do not have to like it one bit. Skyrim will not sell well on the Switch, and Doom will be a huge rip off at $60.

Edited on by Lethal

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic