Forums

Topic: DOOM

Posts 221 to 240 of 1,233

MsJubilee

@kobashi100 Garbage? Well that's like your opinion man.

I've died. There is no more me

It is the heavens that have defeated you. This is their will.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742 | Nintendo Network ID: TwilightAngel9

EvilLucario

@MarcelRguez Xenoblade Chronicles 1 and X. I don't think XC2 is at 60 FPS either.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

JaxonH

It's not that 30fps "Doesn't matter" It's that it doesn't matter enough to skip the game over. It matters. Of course it matters. But there is no magical threshold at which a game suddenly becomes unenjoyable. People who played this on console were dealing with a fluctuating framerate as low as 40fps. You mean to tell me 10fps is the difference between blissful enjoyment and unacceptable? Especially if it's a locked 30fps?

You mean to tell me 50% of the games out there are perfectly enjoyable at 30fps- Wolfenstein included, but this one somehow isn't? Enough with the "fast and fluid". All shooters are fluid and fast to a degree.

So Wolfenstein is 30fps on PS4/X1, while DOOM is 40-60fps... But a locked 30 is unacceptable for DOOM on Switch? Yet it's perfectly fine for Wolfenstein? Come on.

Everyone likes a smooth 60fps. Nobody is saying it doesn't matter. And 15-20fps is a poor experience. But a locked 30 is high enough to be very enjoyable. Stable 30 is probably the minimum you want to enjoy a game at, but it is past the level of "choppy"

NOW PLAYING
NS: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, Final Fantasy XV, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Torna
N3DS:
PS4pro:
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:
GPD Win 2: Dragon Age Origins, Fire Emblem Path of Radiance

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

BMO_Advanced

Looking forward for a confirmation wether this game will be 60fps or 30fps. I've seen some off screen gameplay and in my opinion it looked fine. Either way not a deal breaker for me, but it does have an impact on how this game will be received.

Meanwhile there's this guy telling us Doom Marine is actually a reincarnation of Link. Get on board with this strange theory!

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

MarcelRguez

@EvilLucario Ah, good catch. Understandable, however, and I wouldn't call them fast-paced at all either. I'm sure there are some games that run at 30fps (3DS stuff like Luigi's Mansion 2, maybe?), but I'd be surprised to see something like, say, Mario Kart running at 30.

Edit: Actually, I can think of one. Kid Icarus Uprising should probably be 60fps, but it definitely isn't.

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Knuckles-Fajita

@JaxonH Im just gonna agree with this and drop out of this fight I inadvertently started.

Ill still enjoy it. I mean if one of the best games of all time can run at 12fps in PAL regions and get that moniker, Im fine with 30fps DOOM.

And hey, I dont care if my precious Nintendo games run at 60 or not. So long as its stable. And 20 minimum (The EU N64 is unenjoyable sadly).

All thst matters is you have fun. Is DOOM fun at 30fps? Seemingly so.

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

49/50 followers - Sep 2

EvilLucario

@Peek-a-boo That's the 2014 game. I think the 2017 game is 30 FPS even on PS4/XB1, but I don't know for certain.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

FE Warriors is exactly why we can't judge on the fps situation just yet, that game has always been shown in the 1080p/30fps mode while the 720p/60fps mode was just an announcement. So just wait until closer to launch, maybe Bethesda will do the same.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MarcelRguez

@Peek-a-boo And it isn't as fast-paced as Doom either.

@BLP_Software As someone who grew up with an European N64, you bet I had the time of my life with that slideshow of a game that was OoT. I would never play it again on the original hardware now that I own the 3DS version. The same might happen with Doom, only in reverse. I'm sure it's perfectly fine if this is your first experience with the game, but it's a hard double-dip.

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

JaxonH

@Peek-a-boo
I could have sworn it was 30 and 60 for Pro. But apparently I'm wrong. No qualms if I'm wrong by all means correct me

NOW PLAYING
NS: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, Final Fantasy XV, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Torna
N3DS:
PS4pro:
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

JaxonH

NOW PLAYING
N3DS:
PS4pro:
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

Ryu_Niiyama

No complaints from me, looks good.

Taiko is good for the soul. Let the drums fill you with FIRE! Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Switch FC: SW-2230-0265-0353
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14 I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.
Please tag me before you sent a Friend Request. Thanks!

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Peek-a-boo

@EvilLucario Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus is 60fps on both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, naturally so.

Even this gif for the PS4 version shows that silky 60fps goodness:

Untitled

@JaxonH No worries!

I was actually playing The New Order round my friends about a month or so ago, as it was only £3.99 (about $6) on the PlayStation store, and the 60fps is instantly noticeable. At least you acknowledged it.

Peek-a-boo

JaxonH

@Peek-a-boo
I played it years ago when it released. So it's been a while.

NOW PLAYING
N3DS:
PS4pro:
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

Spoony_Tech

I think we can all agree this is an important release for Nintendo! If Bethesda gets a better then playable version out they will get plenty of sales.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

EvilLucario

@Peek-a-boo Makes sense then. Thanks.

AlternateButtons

I'm really hoping that they can get it to 60 FPS by launch. The fact that they didn't show how the game runs in docked mode is my one sole hope for this. If it's still 30 by launch, I'll still buy it. But I really, REALLY want this game to have 60 FPS.

Want an awesome Let's Play show to watch when you're bored? Check out my new show, Alternate Buttons where we play games for your viewing pleasure! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG0IbzMJDa9hZJFTGOB8Vug/feed

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5439-2641 | Nintendo Network ID: Guitardude7

NEStalgia

@Ryu_Niiyama LOL, I tried with the lights on with 3. Was kind of freaked out by the whole mood of it. I plugged the thing in the big control console or whatever Betruger set us up to do, the lights went out and the freaky stuff appeared on the screens, and I pretty much hoped out right then. Tried going on a bit....got mauled by the "imp" on the wall and was like "nope". I pushed on but the "view the specular surfaces with a flashlight while demons maul you in the dark in blood stained rooms" thing just didn't do it for me. That will forever taint my image of the Doom series....I didn't even pay attention to it when this new one happened.... But I've been reassured by the NL community it's really "classic Doom" in 3D. So I'll go with it! Just let me search for my key cards through the hordes of enemies I don't ever actually get to look at while I pop them like confetti. Not force me to slink along watching every corner as one or two monsters ambush me.

I do wonder what TES VI will be like. Todd has hinted that it will be very different. I don't know that it would exist on Switch (though if these 3 do well I can't imagine it not) based on what he said.....I fear it will be some MMO Sea of Thieves TES Online dreck.

NEStalgia

Ralizah

DOOM looks really good on the tablet. I'm fine as long as it's not dropping under 30fps consistently.

I think sales will be fine. 60fps snobbery isn't as prevalent among the general public as it is among so-called "hardcore gamers."

Ralizah

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic