Forums

Topic: DOOM

Posts 161 to 180 of 1,213

MarcelRguez

@Peek-a-boo Oh well, that's a shame. Not sure if I value portable Doom enough to put up with that on top of all the other downgrades.

Just to clarify, that's 30fps on both portable and docked mode, right?

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

kobashi100

@Peek-a-boo let's make it looks like a blur and a blocky mess so we can get that 60fps.

Fcuk that BS! The switch isn't touching PS4 or Xbox one for raw power. Sacrifices have to be made get certain titles running on switch

kobashi100

EvilLucario

Reading Reddit at the time, DF seemed to only base it off the trailer , not the actual demo so far.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

kobashi100

@MarcelRguez tested undocked but playing docked or undocked won't change a thing when it comes to target FPS.

kobashi100

Grumblevolcano

@EvilLucario Basing it just off the trailer seems like a bad idea.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

EvilLucario

Reading more into it and it's apparently more than that? (They said they played 40 minutes of it) I couldn't watch the video so I can't say anything about it. But DF is really trustworthy and reliable, so them taking down a video like this... something is up.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

kobashi100

if DF are right and the game uses dynamic resolution which goes low as 540p then damn that is some huge downgrade.

Memories of borderlands on Vita people.

Anyway let's wait and see to DF do a real test on actual switch hardware. They built a PC running switch specs and tested Doom running on it.

Edited on by kobashi100

kobashi100

MarcelRguez

@kobashi100 You sure? I haven't kept up with how the Switch really works since launch and I can't really name any examples, but surely a game that's running at 60fps when docked, if it's graphically intensive enough, would take a hit in performance when undocked, right?

@Grumblevolcano More like clickbait, really.

MarcelRguez

EvilLucario

@MarcelRguez BotW runs better undocked than docked at points. DF made a video on that when it got patches to smooth out framerate.

I think it comes down to hardware the most, but depending on how the game was optimized undocked might be better. But that's more the exception than the rule.

MarcelRguez

@EvilLucario True that. Then again, while it's an open-world game, it's also a Wii U port that aims for a stable 30fps. I'd say the issues it had when docked were optimization problems and not the limitations of the hardware, which would be the issue here.

MarcelRguez

kobashi100

@EvilLucario but the target FPS both docked and undocked was still 30fps. From my understanding the switch dock cannot target 60fps then undocked it goes down to 30fps.

kobashi100

EvilLucario

@kobashi100 At this point I'm just willing to wait for the impressions embargo to be really lifted so we get better, concrete information. There's a lot of conflicting reports lately, I think.

FragRed

@EvilLucario If Digital Foundry removed the video, either they made a mistake with details or it went up too early and have merely unlisted it/made it private until the embargo is up. Either way 30 fps is too much of a problem for me. And it starts to raise concerns about Wildenstein 2 coming to the Switch.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Qwertyninty

Getting it either way. Day 1

Qwertyninty

kobashi100

@EvilLucario DF definitely did play it last week. Couldn't do any tests though, from first glance they reckon 30fps.

All tests in video are from a custom built pc to replicate switch specs

kobashi100

FragRed

@kobashi100 It's all about those clicks/video views. Regardless if the game is running on actual hardware or not and how well it performs, this kind of thing is gold for sites like Eurogamer and Digital Foundry. You only need to look at the kind of comments left in the articles and on YouTube to see the kind of reaction it can provoke.

Digital Foundry do a good job at analysing gameplay footage so I am interested to know how clear they will make it that this is an early build and not running on actual hardware.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Ryu_Niiyama

@Bart_T well as I stated the issue is irrational childhood fear. Like I said I'll get it but the fact that it is doom and that scared me as a kid means that I have a ingrained reaction to it. I have the PC version as well (friend talked me into it) and I didn't get very far. Sometimes we react to things irrationally.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Ralizah

This move seems especially irresponsible of DF. I don't think of of us doubted that vanilla DOOM would run poorly on the Switch. I want to see how it runs on the customized engine of the Switch version.

@Peek-a-boo Nothing has been confirmed. Different sources are saying different things and DF apparently didn't get to test the actual Switch version.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic