Topic: DOOM

Posts 101 to 120 of 1,213

burger_king

lets hope this is 60 fps !!!

BurgerRob is the name ^_^

MarcelRguez

@UmniKnight

Bethesda wrote:

the game will deliver the amazing DOOM look and feel that fans are excited to get on Switch

I seriously hope he's talking about performance here.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Ralizah

It's weaker hardware. Every third-party AAA title going forward that isn't designed with the Switch in mind and comes to the system will be "custom-built."

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

SKTTR

That comparison video is pants so let me quote metalpants from the site you got the video from:

"Keep in mind we're looking at footage from a compressed live video feed from the Nintendo Direct on YouTube. Just look at how dark and blurry Splatoon 2 looks on this ND and compare it to actual gameplay footage, or to the game itself if you own it and you'll see that massive difference. Bottom line is, this DOOM Switch footage is a far cry from the final, direct feed quality."

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

MsJubilee

burger_king wrote:

lets hope this is 60 fps !!!

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Samus7Killer

@SKTTR truth... overall it should look nice. Im actually lookin forward to the multiplayer just as much as playin the campaign again.

Samus7Killer

Sisilly_G

In light of this news, I hope that they will finally licence Doom 64 for VC release!

I would also love to have DOOM 3 BFG Edition, which should run without a hitch on Switch. The original DOOM games with download play (the games are ridiculously small in size) would also be a dream come true.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Samus7Killer

OMG id be all over that if they releases DOOM64 and the other games. OMG

Samus7Killer

Gameplay_Matters

The trailer seems very low quality, not necessarily the game port itself. I am actually confident. They can still improve on dynamic lightning, but perhaps they made some changes to make it look better on the Switch display and that could also be the reason for slightly different contrast. I rather take some blurry textures if we can get 60 fps. This game is so fast, most probably wouldn't even notice.

I have faith in Bethesda and I am thankful they supported the console early on with Skyrim. Elders Scrolls is really not my type of game, but I am happy to show appreciation in paying full price for the DOOM pre-order.

Gameplay_Matters

JaxonH

All this talk of framerate... obviously it'd be great to have 60 but I've never encountered a game in my life that wasn't totally playable at a stable 30. Obviously it's not ideal but... it'll be fine either way.

And the comparisons look astounding. It hardly looks any different at all, and that's being a YouTube video.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

GrailUK

@sillygostly I recently finished Doom3 and yeah, I bet t he Switch could do that game justice.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

JaxonH

@Tsurii
Have you played it at stable 30fps? Cause I don't think most people talking about how it feels have actually felt it.

Yes we all want 60 FPS.. clearly the game will benefit from it... but if it's a stable 30 it's not going to suddenly be unplayable or anything. Wolfenstein and Destiny are 30fps. I know it's not as good and I'm hoping for 60 as much as the next person. But I'm seeing way too many people lately try to entirely dismiss games for being less than 60. When you're playing on a portable system concessions will have to be made, and I seriously doubt they're going to get a AAA game like this running at 60 FPS on Switch. Maybe they will, but I'm not expecting it.

If people want that peak performance they can always play on a power console. I do hope they manage the full 60, that would be terrific. But again, if it's not, I'm not going to go boycott the game or say it's unplayable.

They got an awesome new AAA game running on a portable system and people are already looking for reasons that they won't enjoy it.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Spoony_Tech

You're going to want 60fps in a twitchy FPS. Just think how Splatoon would run at 30.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

JaxonH

@Tsurii
No, I agree with that. But I notice a trend where a couple people will say "gruff gruff, it's gotta be 60 FPS or the game is unplayable and I'm not buying it" and then other people plagiarize those opinions and just repeat them on other sites. And before you know it you've got every person on the Internet saying the game is unplayable if it's anything less than 60, with very few people actually doing research to investigate it or having first-hand experience of playing the game at a stable 30.

I'm right there with you in that I hope they can get the frame rate up but, if they can't it's no big deal for me. I play Monster Hunter XX in stable 30fps and that game is one of the most precise, "count the i-frames" type games there is. I played Wolfenstein The New Order in stable 30 and I know it's slower paced but, it's not too far off the mark.

But we'll see how it all pans out. No matter what happens though I'm just happy that I can play this game on the Switch. And hopefully with motion based aiming like Splatoon and Skyrim. What is Skyrim running at? I imagine that's what we'll see for DOOM. Isn't it 1080p 30fps? Maybe they'll do 720p 60fps, who knows.

Octane

@JaxonH Skyrim is 720p 30fps in handheld mode.

Octane

JaxonH

@Octane
In handheld mode, sure. Handheld mode taps out at 720p. I mean docked.

Octane

@JaxonH We don't know. Could be 1080p, could be 900p.

Octane

Samus7Killer

60 FPS hand and dock or no buy!
Im kidding...will buy day 1

Edited on by Samus7Killer

Samus7Killer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic