Forums

Topic: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Switch)

Posts 241 to 260 of 326

AccessibleDaydream

Am I the only one who, after experiencing HD Rumble in Super Mario Odyssey, was very underwhelmed from the start with just how lazy this port of DKCTF is?

AccessibleDaydream

Switch Friend Code: SW-2307-0614-2423 | My Nintendo: Dj64Mk7 | Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7 | Twitter:

ValhallaOutcast

@Dj64Mk7 I dont remember Mario Odysseys rumble being stand out, I find DKCTF being the same maybe I have to replay Mario to see what you mean

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

Ralizah

Almost done with world 6. All I need to do to unlock the last area is complete the final boss and play through the final K-level I unlocked last night.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Ralizah

Well, I beat Tropical Freeze. Although I still have stuff to do. I only completed Levitation Station in the Secret Seclusion, so I need to beat the other two stages. And then, after that, I might go find all of the puzzle pieces and collect all of the figurines. Maybe.

Anyway, Tropical Freeze was easily one of the best 2D platformers I've ever experienced. A logical and satisfying progression structure, brilliant level design, gorgeous music, and a great difficulty curve. Really glad I finally got around to this.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

ValhallaOutcast

even on Funky Mode I am missing almost half the puzzle pieces in every level so far I think I am on the level before the boss on World 3

RR529

Man, I finally unlocked the B level of World 5 (and completed it).

I suck so much at Panicky Paddles though the only way I could keep Dixie alive long enough to access the secret exit was to carry in 3 of her barrels with me, lol.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

kkslider5552000

Amazing thing I found at Wal Mart today. There was an ad for Tropical Freeze at the entrance. It literally said "NEW" right on it. So in case you're wondering whether it matters if the game was already released on Wii U, it doesn't. It is literally being advertised as a new video game.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

ValhallaOutcast

I hate the F%$^$ Fish, he killed me 10 times and I had to turn it off

RR529

Unlocked my first K level. Trued it a few times then gave up. Will try again later, though I'm not going to go out of my way trying to unlock & beat them all.

We'll see how many I've managed by my next paycheck, when I'm probably going to pick up Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition. Tropical Freeze has been a fun time though, even if I don't think it'll end up as one of my favorites on the system.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

burger_king

loving this game, total throwback to the snes days and a great pick up and play game, unlike online games can play this when i choose and please when my son is sleeping and come back to whenever i please ! games like rocket league definately does not allow this lol

BurgerRob is the name ^_^

JammyTWOsugars

Picked this up yesterday and am currently half way through world 2. I've never played this game before and the thing that is really standing out to me is the truly magnificent level design. Its phenomenal.

Consoles: Nintendo Switch and New Nintendo 3ds

Quarth

As I'm new to this game, I started with the Funky mode and while I can see it's making the game easier, it's still quite difficult. Some of the stages are really tricky and the World 2 boss got me really frustrated at first, but I finally beat his ugly mug and felt victorious.

I'm currently at World 3 and wow, the stages and the music here are really imaginative and impressive. The two previous worlds were also fantastic, but this is the most beautiful one yet.

So while the game is extremely challenging, it more often puts a smile on my face than not. I would compare it to Super Mario Odyssey, not in gameplay or difficulty, but in the pure creativity that's on display. Wow!

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

rallydefault

I remember dying A LOT when I played in on my Wii U, but this time around, I'm pretty much constantly at 99 lives and I've only hit a couples spots (water world..ugh) where I died more than once.

Just like anything, you'll get better with practice as you learn the levels and how the game works. I do like that about it - it's classic in the sense that it asks you to memorize the levels (especially the rocket or mine cart levels), and I've never had an issue with that.

rallydefault

bluemage1989

I don't want to sound negative about this game because it is a great game but for me it has lost some of it's magic for me since I played it at launch on WiiU. I loved this game first time around and thought this would be a great game for me and my wife to play some coop (she never liked the WiiU but loves the Switch really has brought her in to gaming), Funky mode would be great for her and for me to have another go at trying to do a 100% play through. I can't really put my finger on what I have not taken to this time around. I guess maybe it was just a game that was perfect at the time for me but what I look for in games has changed. I'd still recommend this game to anyone interested so many great levels great graphics and music and rock solid gameplay.

bluemage1989

rallydefault

@bluemage1989
Hrm. I'm the opposite. I think it's because I was going pretty sour on my Wii U when I first owned the game, so I pretty much just blew through it. Didn't try to collect the letters of the pieces, just pretty much burned through it to say I saw it.

I really enjoyed it this time around, and I'm trying to get everything (well...mostly everything. Not golds in the time trials...I'll just settle for any medal lol)

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

bluemage1989

@rallydefault some of those gold times are insane fair play to anyone who can gold them all!! I have played some coop with the wife and she is enjoying especially with Funky mode. I've got BattleChasers and Sushi Strikers arriving soon and want to do a 100% no gold medal before then so don't know whether to do a solo 100% with Donkey Kong or Funky. I gave up on the WiiU attempt at 100% because well frustration but don't know if I'd feel satisfied with a Funky 100%.

bluemage1989

JaxonH

@bluemage1989
I did 100% Funky run. Granted I had already 100% with DK back on Wii U.

It still felt satisfying though. And you can play with DK in Funky Mode. You aren't restricted in that sense. So why not do a DK Funky run?

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

bluemage1989

Ended up doing a straight up Funky run 100% Kong letters and Puzzle Pieces. Funky obviously made the game a lot easier but it was good being able to just concentrate on finding all the hidden items and enjoy the flow of the game and it's great sound track.

The wife has enjoyed her play through as well and has replaced A Night in the Woods as her second most played game. Still a long way behind VS Super Mario Bros but could see this taking number 1 place.

Am I going mad but was there a short summery jingle on the opening screens of this on WiiU??

bluemage1989

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic