Forums

Topic: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Switch)

Posts 221 to 240 of 326

JaxonH

If you handle games like Celeste, go for normal mode.

If Kirby difficulty is more your thing, then I definitely recommend going Funky Mode, with Funky Kong, and using every item in the game to your advantage.

If you're somewhere in the middle- maybe you're not the best at platformers but you still find games like Kirby too easy, I recommend Funky Mode but using DK, and lay off the items unless really needed.

No matter which way you slice it there's a difficulty combination that works for just about everyone in this game. And that's a beautiful thing.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

I've completed all of the levels in the first three worlds so far. In the middle of the fourth.

Unless the difficulty goes way up later on, I don't get complaints about the difficulty. I found both DKC Returns and Rayman Legends to be more difficult.

Only level I've had any issues with so far is Bopopolis, and that's not too bad once you get the rhythm of the level down.

And this is with a Wii remote/nunchuk. I imagine it's even easier to control on the Switch joycon controllers.

The bosses are surprisingly difficult, though. Not overwhelming at all, but much harder than in DKCR.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

RR529

Man, things really ramp up in world 2. That Rambi level especially got to me after a bit. Still I managed to get through it, and with the surplus of lives they give you I guess it's not so bad (I have just over 60, and haven't bought any). Just beat the mine cart level with the saw mill theme, which was really neat (I even played it multiple times until I found the secret exit).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Agriculture

ValhallaOutcast wrote:

Downloading as I type....should I play Funky Mode on first play through to build my confidence or just go classic and build an ulcer ?

The main game isn't that difficult in normal mode. Sure, you'll die on the first try on bosses and hard levels, but it's very much possible to beat the game. It doesn't get super difficult until you unlock k-levels.

Agriculture

RR529

Just completed World 3, and have over 90 lives now. As for bosses, I beat the World 1 boss my first try, World 2 boss on my 5th try, and World 3 boss on my 2nd try.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Ralizah

Sweet jesus, Spinning Spines (4-K) claimed 50 of my lives before I finally conquered it!

Shoal Atoll was long, grueling, and I drowned multiple times.

Fugu Face-off was easily the hardest boss fight in the game so far. I died four times, and just barely survived my fifth encounter. And this was with an extra heart from the shop!

Looks like I mouthed off about the game being easy too quickly. Aside from the time trials and puzzle pieces, though, I'm done with World 4.

Edited on by Ralizah

SuperWeird

I really hate the fish boss at the end of world 4. It's annoyingly difficult to the point of not being fun. I remember this boss being annoying when I played though the Wii U version too.

SuperWeird

Agriculture

Ralizah wrote:

Sweet jesus, Spinning Spines (4-K) claimed 50 of my lives before I finally conquered it!

Shoal Atoll was long, grueling, and I drowned multiple times.

Fugu Face-off was easily the hardest boss fight in the game so far. I died four times, and just barely survived my fifth encounter. And this was with an extra heart from the shop!

Looks like I mouthed off about the game being easy too quickly. Aside from the time trials and puzzle pieces, though, I'm done with World 4.

I don't understand why you would do the k-levels before beating the main game. I've unlocked all k-levels, but only beaten the first one.

Agriculture

Ralizah

@Agriculture Because I'm beating all the levels in each world before moving on to the next. Why wait until the end of the game when you can complete them early?

@SuperWeird Yeah. While the swimming is improved in this compared to previous DKC games (controls more like modern Rayman now), it's still not a fun environment to try and fight a boss in.

RR529

Yeah, I just finished up World 4 myself, and it's definitely my least favorite so far. The swimming mechanics just aren't that fun, and the world was filled with swimming levels (broke down and bought an extra heart at Funky's shop to beat the blowfish boss).

Still, the game oozes with passion. It may make me a bit high strung, but I can certainly appreciate the care that goes into everything. Hardcore platformers may just not be my thing (still, I'm determined to complete the main story on it's intended difficulty, and since I'm up to World 5 the day after buying it, I'd say I'm not doing too bad).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

meleebrawler

Eh, compared to Barbos from DKC3, Fugu isn't that bad. Fittingly, Dixie is probably the easiest choice for the battle, allowing precision swimming and fighting the currents well.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

SuperWeird

Finally beat Fugu (took me 3 days). Screw that guy. Good riddance to all of World 4. Love the rest of the game, glad to be moving on.

SuperWeird

RR529

Finished up World 5 this morning (and the first level of World 6). The World 5 boss was much easier than I imagined it'd be (only took me my second try, and I may have beaten it my first time if my dog didn't start chewing on my leg, distracting me, when things were getting intense).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Ralizah

RR529 wrote:

I may have beaten it my first time if my dog didn't start chewing on my leg, distracting me

Is the dog feasting on your flesh a normal occurrence in your household?

redd214

Playing world 4 right now..... Gahhhh I hate water levels!!!! Still having a blast though, trying to at least get all the letters and puzzle pieces in each level. Been playing with my kids and it is definitely an exercise in patience lol. At least it's not like NSMB where you can run into each other but thus far playing coop has certainly made the game more challenging imo.

redd214

Bunkerneath

Completed 2-K after 2 hours last night. Wife didnt mind she was sitting watching her tv shows whilest laughing at me swearing when I miss timed a jump.
But because of all the bouncing on enemies, i now have 900+ bannana coins and never went below 98 lives

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

RR529

Ralizah wrote:

RR529 wrote:

I may have beaten it my first time if my dog didn't start chewing on my leg, distracting me

Is the dog feasting on your flesh a normal occurrence in your household?

Most definitely. He's a puppy in his teething faze, and when he's not sleeping he has to have something in his mouth, and he has a particular taste for my slippers, even when they're on my feet, lol (once even went after my feet when I wasn't wearing them the other day...).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

rallydefault

Ugh... so close to buying this, but I already had it on the Wii U. I just don't think the Funky addition justifies full price. (In my defense, if I do end up buying it, I pretty much just played through it once on Wii U and then moved on. Didn't go any deeper.)

Must wait for a sale. Yea... lol

rallydefault

Ralizah

Just finished World 5. A bit challenging at times, but a nice change of pace after all of those water levels! 5-K was pretty treacherous, but the world's boss wasn't too bad. Probably the second easiest encounter in the game so far, after that really basic fight with the seal in World 1.

RR529

Finished up the final world this morning! Had a lot of trouble with the final boss but I finally managed to take him down (one of those cases where figuring him out wasn't to hard, but I just had trouble executing for some reason).

Next I'm gonna go back and try unlocking all the A&B levels I missed (got all of them up through World 3, then not a single one since).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic