Forums

Topic: Asphalt 9: Legends

Posts 701 to 720 of 1,221

Daniel36

I feel the game scales pretty well. There are moments when you will be stuck on Career Mode for a little while, but you'll be able to get so many cards during the daily events that at one point you will get a new car or get one upgraded to fly through another chunk of career.

I get an upgrade or new car somewhere around once every week, which is fine.

Daniel36

Banjo-

@Sunsy Yeah, I haven't installed the game on the internal memory yet because for once the game seems to work fine but I'll do it next time.

Banjo-

ChoZanWan

The only time I've had it crash recently is from sleep mode. It's installed to my SD card. Apart from that issue I seem to be quite lucky in that it works without issue.

ChoZanWan

Switch Friend Code: SW-1708-5328-6496 | Twitter:

bluedogrulez

@Daniel36 : Excellent thoughts there. On that logic, I got my last 8 BPs for my beloved Camaro 50th today. It'll be maxed out (1900 and change) asap. Hoping it continuous boosts me up to platinum next season!

Asphalt 9 / Siege Engine FTW

bluedogrulez

@C-Chakra I completely agree about scoring based upon car ranks and season rank...and getting -20 where it is deserved. You should post something on the Gameloft forum . . .they should listen to a true legend!

Asphalt 9 / Siege Engine FTW

Banjo-

@C-Chakra I agree with the comment above, paste it on Gameloft's forum so they are able to hear you. It's interesting reading you but if you also post there you might change something.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

C-Chakra

@bluedogrulez @BlueOcean I went and checked out the Gameloft forum where they announced the changes for the scoring system a while back for mobile (I think). There was quite a lot of people criticising the scoring and asking for car ranks to be calculated (also people arguing against it). Gameloft just ignored it all and said something along the lines of "we are closely monitoring multiplayer to make it the best experience." I don't think giving feedback is going to do much.

Anyways... after a while I realised that maybe this system isn't too bad anyway... I only started playing halfway through this weeks season because I was away. So that might be why it felt like such an unchallenging grindfest. Now i'm at 4000+ points into it, it is starting to get harder. If I had started from the beginning all these higher level players would have been at the bottom too so I most probably wouldn't have just been grinding out wins.

There's also some positives to it aswell. With no real penalty for losing you can just race whenever you want instead of waiting for your decent cars. I guess i'm just going to try hit the top 100 as my new goal.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8045-4533-8325

Sunsy

Actually having fun with the special event. I didn't notice I could get eight packs from finishing a race eight times. Played longer than expected and earned three epic blueprint cards I wasn't expecting to get out of the packs. The blueprint cards were not the featured car, but still not bad considering they're not easy to get.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Banjo-

This season in Bronze you get very few points in multiplayer anyway. Depending on your cars it can take a while to reach Gold, you don't lose points but you can be stuck easily. The points system is now a bit like Mario Kart but with different cars and upgrades for each player which becomes an unwanted handicap. I'm not complaining about the game (well, anyone can anyways), I'm just describing how the game works and how unbalanced it feels. Nevertheless, it's a fun game and free to play. Ironically, modern Mario Kart games feel more unbalanced because of the items. Asphalt 9 is more a racing game with a decisive (and fun) boost management system and pay-to-win temptations.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Sunsy

@BlueOcean Looking at this multiplayer season, the choices of cars seems pretty limited to all classes. For example, Bronze has only three, and Silver doesn't have much either. Which is probably why most are using the D-Tense to play online, myself included as it's the only fastest option we have unlocked.

Usually, I have more options for cars unlocked to choose from in Bronze, Silver, and Gold. I usually go up to Silver or Gold (as mentioned before, this is depends on how busy I get during the week). Can't this time since I don't have my fastest car to play as for each cup, and I don't want to waste blue tokens and gold coins to bring up stats. Like I said before, I rather save those to unlock cars, or for when I really need them.

This week's season, I'm just seeing it as this week's only so far. They seem to change it every week, so here's hoping for a better multiplayer week. It is balancing out, I'm enjoying that special event a little too much, so I haven't played much multiplayer aside from the "complete three multiplayer races" goal.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

komodo182

@C-Chakra I'm having a terrible time with this season. AKA I will have to just put more time in it if I want to get anywhere. Still in platinum, hundreds of points away from legend.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

Banjo-

@Sunsy Yep, Bronze is tricky this season because of that. I'm not having fun in multiplayer this season (I also do three races per day at least) but the special events are nice although I can't play the Year of the Rat because I don't have any eligible car. This game is all about the cars you have.

By the way, I got the software error again, I removed the SD card (I didn't find any options for choosing memory for installations) and downloaded the game again. Let's see what happens.

Banjo-

Sunsy

@BlueOcean Yeah, it's also why I kind of want to save blue tokens and gold coins too. I have a few C-class and B-class cars, so I want to try to unlock an A-class car now. I'm actually doing the car loot daily event on and off to unlock the Vulcan, which I have eight more blueprints to unlock (edit: now down to seven, just played a daily event).

Even if you unlock or star up the car, the daily car loot is a great way to earn gold coins quickly. I'll always go for the free pack every four hours during the day and sometimes grab a premium or holiday pack.

At least that's worked for me unlocking other cars, I have 17 unlocked so far.

Hope it works, mine hasn't crashed yet, when it does, I will move it to system memory. That's one feature I miss from the Wii U, being able to copy or move data on external memory to system memory. Switch, you pretty much have to remove the SD card and redownload.

Edited on by Sunsy

Banjo-

@Sunsy Yep, Wii U has backwards compatibility, browser, Netflix, YouTube and software and save data management. Wii U is a much more complete console while Switch is bare-bones.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

komodo182

@BlueOcean I agree with the Wii U statements. Sold poorly, but one of my fav consoles. Especially the Virtual console. Also I hope you don't get the errors anymore.

Edited on by komodo182

komodo182

@Sunsy I did the daily. I don't do them all anymore depending on what else is going on since I have unlocked all the cars. I wish they would change it up if you have everything unlocked.
As for the tokens, I normally save mine up and use them to buy 10 packs of something to get the guaranteed blueprint I want.

Sunsy

@BlueOcean @komodo182 Same with the Wii U for me, still play mine. While I do use the YouTube app on Switch, I still use it for Netflix and Crunchyroll on Wii U.

That would be nice komodo. I'm still unlocking cars and starring them up in the Daily Car Loot, so it will be awhile before they're all unlocked and starred up. Right now, I'm happy I'm getting pretty close to unlocking the Vulcan, really want to get an A-class car since I have quite a few in the other lower classes.

Edited on by Sunsy

komodo182

@Sunsy The good news with this game, is once you start unlocking higher cars, you just keep going. Sometimes it feels like a slow pace and then the next thing you know you unlock 3 new cars haha.

Banjo-

@komodo182 Thank you.

komodo182 wrote:

@Sunsy The good news with this game, is once you start unlocking higher cars, you just keep going. Sometimes it feels like a slow pace and then the next thing you know you unlock 3 new cars haha.

I can't wait, I have just one C car (and I don't like it) and one B car (Lamborghini) and of course no A car. LOL

Banjo-

Banjo-

@Sunsy I totally forgot that Switch got Youtube recently, downloading now.

@komodo182 I have 453,086 coins and 807 tokens, what should I do with them? I can't upgrade my few cars until I get more blueprints.

Banjo-

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic