Forums

Topic: Asphalt 9: Legends

Posts 221 to 240 of 1,221

CTmatic

Yup. That’s where this whole free to play/start comes in. I think I mentioned it to you or someone else. You’re bound to crash into a stopping wall unless you pay real money from time to time.

Maybe not, but I find it highly unlikely if you can keep going long term strictly relying on in-game reward system.@komodo182

~ A man chooses. A slave obeys. ~

bluedogrulez

Hey, anyone else get an AWESOME free pack today? There was a message about apologizing for the club season glitch and then my free pack had 3 import parts, tokens, and a special pack with like 5 blueprints for upper level cars. Then when I closed and reopened the game, I got another (standard) free pack.

Asphalt 9 / Siege Engine FTW

C-Chakra

@bluedogrulez yup, sure did.. Must have been because of that day the club rep wasn't being added and the server was unstable for a few hours.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8045-4533-8325

Darknyht

@CTmatic As I said at the start of all of this. I will play the game until it is no longer fun to play. There are too many other games out there to lose sleep over this. It's just sad because I am not a serious enough arcade or sim racer to invest in Burnout, Forza or any other $60+ racing game, but I do enjoy it from time to time. This scratches an itch, but my time is more valuable than Gameloft thinks it is.

I have enjoyed a lot of free-to-start games over time. While I am leery of the premise because it is too often abused, I still think there is benefit to the model especially for those with more time than money. Asphalt 9 however, needs to be seriously smacked down for all the loot box (sorry, card pack) mechanic nonsense.

Darknyht

Nintendo Network ID: DarKnyht

ToneDeath

Thought I might as well give this a go as it's free...but all I'm finding with a search on the UK eShop are two entries for the same thing; there's the Starting Racer Pack which contains the Starting Racer Bundle, and the Starting Racer Bundle which contains the Starting Racer Pack :/
Either way, it's £19.99.

Were too few of those one million downloads leading to in-game purchases?

ToneDeath

Nintendo Network ID: T.D.Stephens | Twitter:

komodo182

@ToneDeath There should be a free version

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

Dave666

ToneDeath wrote:

Thought I might as well give this a go as it's free...but all I'm finding with a search on the UK eShop are two entries for the same thing; there's the Starting Racer Pack which contains the Starting Racer Bundle, and the Starting Racer Bundle which contains the Starting Racer Pack :/
Either way, it's £19.99.

Were too few of those one million downloads leading to in-game purchases?

Try searching and selecting the software only option that should work

Edit. I have just tried it doesn’t work

Edited on by Dave666

Dave666

Switch Friend Code: SW-3480-0278-4133

Dave666

The free version has completely disappeared from the U.K. eshop but is still available on the USA eshop the Switch is region free so just set up an American account and download it from there

Dave666

Switch Friend Code: SW-3480-0278-4133

Darknyht

I wonder if their loot box system ran against EU law prohibiting them?

I am pushing on for now mostly because there is nothing else demanding my time. I have at least a week or two of harvesting Apples before I am ready for the last battles in Super Kirby Clash, and I haven’t gotten the desire to finish DQ2. So daily races for the moment along with my first few Chapter 3 races.

Darknyht

komodo182

@Darknyht I finally got some more progress on career mode so I am still playing. If I can get this dodge viper that will help too

C-Chakra

@komodo182 I made some good progress with career mode in the last few days. Unlocking the Aston Martin Vulcan and maxing out the Lotus Sprint helped me smash through a good 3 or more seasons. I'm currently on 655 flags. Where are you at?

komodo182

@C-Chakra still need that vulcan, like 7 cards away from it. I have 609 stars

C-Chakra

@komdodo182 I must have got lucky with the card packs for the Vulcan. Got to a point where I needed to win that last race in the AM season to unlock it, but couldn't beat it because my rank was too low. I refused to give up and eventually won it. Was the best victory so far. Once you get it, you will be able to smash out a good few seasons. Also maxing out the Sprint is worth doing for some of those seasons... it's great for multiplayer too, it's the only car I use for that at the moment. It shreds and has a 15 min refill, it's awesome. The Dodge Viper is going to help big time too.

Edited on by C-Chakra

komodo182

@C-Chakra The sprint is almost maxed out. Need 6 more cards for the vulcan. I'm at 625 flags now.

Darknyht

Maxed out the Camaro and use that to push through a few muscle races and unlocked the Dodge special. Only a card away from the special Camaro and another vehicle. The Viper special has me hooked for now since the Maxed Camaro destroys it.

367 flags and counting.

Darknyht

komodo182

@Darknyht I'm 3 cards away from the vulcan! 705 flags now.

komodo182

@Darknyht I finally got the vulcan car...i paid about 450,000 coins for a few cards to finish it

Sunsy

Great mood tonight, after hard work of playing, opening free packs, even spending some tokens earned from playing on a few individual blueprints when they appeared in the shop, I finally unlocked my first B-class car. Tonight I unlocked the Porsche 911 GTS Coupe, set unlocking it as a goal for myself.

Also unlocked the DS E-Tense today too. That makes two of the starter pack cars, earned from playing.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic