Forums

Topic: Asphalt 9: Legends

Posts 141 to 160 of 1,221

Darknyht

Managed to reach 9 cars this morning. Now the proud owner of a useless BMW C-Class that cannot even green qualify for the first race in the BMW series. I think I am starting to hit the paywall portion of the My Career mode as more series have races that you cannot really run without major upgrade investments, car unlocks, or both.

Darknyht

Nintendo Network ID: DarKnyht

Dave666

I think there is a bug I am doing races but no points are being added to the club

Dave666

Switch Friend Code: SW-3480-0278-4133

komodo182

@Dave666 I had that this morning too. So I turned it off and will turn it back on again soon. Awesome dailey event today though.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

bluedogrulez

@Daniel36 : Thanks for this! Yeah, I just realized last night that shockwave boost gets cancelled when I drift! I'm up to TOP 50, woo-hoo, but clearly still have much to learn....

Asphalt 9 / Siege Engine FTW

komodo182

@Dave666 I reported the issue. I suggest you do as well.

komodo182

Just got my first Lamborghini!

Daniel36

@Darknyht You should do those daily achievements, like play 3 matches, 3 multiplayer matches, upgrade a car, all those. The blue car you get for doing those a couple of days is INSANE! No need for paying real money.

Daniel36

Darknyht

@komodo182 Congrads. It is a fun car to drive, but appears to be a grind to blueprint it up. I am just getting a single blueprint from the daily task list now. I am banking on my Top 5% netting in the free event netting me a better car.

Tonight I am going to need to hit the multiplayer more to grind out some card packs. I think the multiplayer racing might be the one area I like least about this game because while it is easy when you are the only racer driving like a drunk jerk, it is much more annoying when everyone is doing it.

Darknyht

CTmatic

Weird. The no points thing.@Dave666

~ A man chooses. A slave obeys. ~

Dave666

@komodo182 I will do I am not doing any races until it is fixed

Dave666

Dave666

@Darknyht the monetisation is the one problem I have with the game grind for hours to get a car and only be able to use it for 6 races then get hit with a countdown timer or pay up to continue using the car

Dave666

komodo182

@Darknyht I got 5 for the daily thing for that car.

komodo182

@Dave666 I'm sure they will be able to back pay the rep to the clubs. Its still giving me rep, just not the club.

Darknyht

@komodo182 Once I unlocked the car, it dropped to a single card the next day. Perhaps it was a glitch, or a sign of something else. Either way I can safely assume I have hit the point where they are turning up the heat to make purchases. It is a shame because there is a good game here, but there is no incentive for them to put a cap on spending like some Nintendo Free-to-Start games do (especially if there are people crazy enough to spend $90 on a virtual car).

Darknyht

komodo182

@Darknyht I just got the car today, so we will see what happens tomorrow

komodo182

Not sure if any rep is adding to my account whatsoever

Darknyht

@Dave666 That part doesn't bother me, but that is mostly because I only get 15-30 minutes to play at a time anyways. It is actually part of the appeal for me in some ways as it limits me from wasting too much time with it.

I am more bothered by the intentional gatekeeping. There are so many better ways to handle it that doesn't make everyone feel dirty participating in it. Sell early access to seasonal garages/events that can be unlocked/earned later through gameplay, create special skins for your cars like the switch paint job, or create a season pass that lets you unlock stuff faster for a limited amount of time (3-6 months).

Darknyht

Dave666

I have seen some McLaren P1’s in multiplayer people are buying them there is no way they unlocked them that fast without paying if I am spending £85 I want a full game not a single car

Dave666

Dave666

@Darknyht they had the perfect system in Asphalt 8 on mobile no timers when you spent any money you knew exactly what you were getting for your money

Dave666

Darknyht

@Dave666 Does the game support cross-play? Because there is a PC version that has been out there for a while, but I also wouldn't be surprised that there are hackers on it. It is sort of like how I started a match in Tetris 99 and immediately was hit with two sets of Tetris junk (4 blocks high) sent by someone before it was even possible for that much to have been put into place.

Darknyht

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic