Forums

Topic: Diablo III: Eternal Collection

Posts 501 to 520 of 606

Quarth

This game is brilliant! Just finished act 2. I’m really getting into the groove of the game.

Edit: Was visiting the Diablo III forum on Blizzard’s website for some tips, but damn is that place toxic or what? Especially after the Immortal fiasco. People who are even a tiny bit positive gets downvoted en masse. Sad place.

Edited on by Quarth

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

infofrog

I just bought the switch to play with my Daughter in Los Vegas online . I normally play PS4 .
This first time playing Diablo 3. Is there a achievement ranking like PS4 ?
Thanks

infofrog

SHULZ021

@infofrog If you choose to play seasonal there's leaderboard rankings.

SHULZ021

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-0866-9587

NintendoPete

Got my copy today and I have never ever played a Diablo game before but because I love the old Gauntlet games on NES I couldn't resist the 43€ price point. Love it so far and it really makes one to want to play more. I am playing on Normal and right now I can't believe that people are trying all the higher difficulty levels. My only complain is that the text size is too small on a 22'' when sitting 2 1/2 meters away. Wish you could adjust screen text size

Edited on by NintendoPete

NintendoPete

Mountain_Man

Sit closer to the screen, or get a bigger TV. ¯\__(ツ)__/¯

Edited on by Mountain_Man

The Mountain Man

Roamer

@Quarth most games forums end up like that. Games developers’ biggest enemy are the fans of their games.

Switch: Dragon Quest Builders 2, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Valkyria Chronicles, Shin Megami Tensei
PC: Farming Simulator 22

Quarth

@Roamer True. I can understand the negative reactions at the Blizzcon presentation, but people are extremely toxic about everything that’s not Diablo or Diablo II. There seems to be hate against console players as well.

Edited on by Quarth

Mountain_Man

The funniest thing about the official forums is that you'll have people hating on the game who continue to actively play with hundreds and even thousands of hours logged.

The Mountain Man

Quarth

Yeah, that striked me as odd! Are the hardcore Diablo fans masochists? Now I haven’t played D1 and D2, but I don’t understand what people find wrong with D3. Maybe it’s weaker in some parts, I don’t know, but it’s far from a bad game. It’s a great game!

Edited on by Quarth

Quarth

I’m at the final chapter of the campaign now. The story is somewhat clichéd, but has been engaging so far.

When I’ve finished the campaign, what do you recommend me to do next?

BrainOfGrimlock

After the campaign it’s time for adventure mode for you my friend...!

Welcome to the world of bounties, rifts, and a gameplay loop you’ll probably initially dismiss as ‘wtf?’ until 4 hours later when you’re comparing armour set bonuses and contemplating aesthetics vs statistics!

In adventure mode you can choose which Act to play in; once picked you’ll notice 5 marks on the area map denoted bounties - clear all 5 and return to Tyrael in the hub area for that act and he will give you shiny shiny rewards (you have to open them). These should very quickly allow you to start turning the difficulty up (which leads to better rewards & thus higher difficulties).

Then there’s the rifts to consider - these are typically the end game dungeons; basic premise is simple, bash monsters until big bad appears, but there’s tweaks, variations and rewards a plenty.

There’s more things even then such as Paragon points to spec your character higher after level 70, Kanai’s cube which helps tailor gear/stat rolls, then the infernal machines/uber bosses etc. I - or someone else - could write pages on this stuff but it’ll overwhelm. Best to start in Adventure mode, do a bounty or two, bash through a rift & then start asking questions/looking up answers from there - good luck!

BrainOfGrimlock

Quarth

@BrainOfGrimlock Thanks! Will try Adventure Mode as soon as I’m finished with the campaign.

Mountain_Man

Quarth wrote:

Yeah, that striked me as odd! Are the hardcore Diablo fans masochists? Now I haven’t played D1 and D2, but I don’t understand what people find wrong with D3. Maybe it’s weaker in some parts, I don’t know, but it’s far from a bad game. It’s a great game!

I've been playing Diablo games since the first was released in 1996, and I think Diablo III is easily the best in the series. I honestly don't know why some people have such a problem with it. Interestingly, we saw a lot of the same blow back from certain Diablo fans when Diablo II was released because, in a lot of ways, Diablo II was so radically different from its predecessor. What's ironic is that Diablo III has far more in common with Diablo II than Diablo II did with the original Diablo.

At any rate, I've been playing Diablo III since it was in beta, logged hundreds of hours on the PC version since release, and I've played close to 60-hours on the Switch. And even after all that time, I still have to watch myself or I'll end up playing just one more rift, or doing just one more bounty run late into the night. It's easily one of my all-time favorite games.

The Mountain Man

BenGrimm

Is there a way to refresh the bounties without leaving the game?

BenGrimm

Quarth

@Mountain_Man Sorry about the late response. I get notifications when someone’s using the reply function, but not when I get quoted. Strange...

Based on your comment, the Diablo fanbase seems a bit divided.

As I said, I haven’t played D2 (would love too though - here’s hoping for a remaster!), but I agree with you about D3. It’s really fun and addictive and I can see myself playing it for a loooong time.

RetroGamerAndrew

I've also been playing Diablo franchise since '96, and I like Diablo 3, with all its defects, big and small.
What people hated the most back when D3 was announced and first in game pictures leaked was the art direction. Coming from a really dark game (Diablo) and a not-so-dark-yet-dark-enough game (Diablo 2), almost nobody seemed to like the colorful themes and the overall atmosphere. Me, I didn't care that much, I actually dig the graphics.
I have to say that Diablo 3 (under Jay Wilson's original direction) was a game-design mess, totally unbalanced and lacking true endgame. One thing the more hard-core player base was also really pissed about was the lack of PvP, which Blizzard said was coming at a point but never really made into the game. Nobody seemed to like the AH either, but I made a couple hundred euros out of it doing arbitrage so I realliy can't complain.
Starting with path 2.0 everything went better and better. I like the game in it's current state.

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

NintendoPete

So I am currently in Act 5 and I have to say that Act 5 is my favorite act. I really like the setting - it is also way more difficult ( I am playing it on the third difficulty level as a Crusader lvl 60 right now).

But even though I spend over 20 hrs I am still not sold on the gameplay. Not sure if Adventure mode make me want to play more or makes me try other classes. The game is fun but it is just button smashing. Maybe it is better in cooperative play. But none of my friends is interested in Diablo.

Maybe I will put it in from time to time but I can't see myself spending 100 of hours like some people do. But I do not regret buying it - it's fun - no more, no less.

NintendoPete

Mountain_Man

NintendoPete wrote:

The game is fun but it is just button smashing.

That's a legitimate criticism that applies to pretty much any hack-and-slash game. If you don't enjoy the core gameplay mechanic then there's probably nothing to keep you playing long-term.

The Mountain Man

JaxonH

I just got back into Diablo 3, and finished Act 1 a few minutes ago. Man I’m starting to get CRAZY good loot! Like, crazy good. Flawless Diamond drops, Legendary armor and crossbow with insane buffs... this game is crack on a cartridge.

In hindsight, thinking about one particular review I watched on GameExplain saying this game was mediocre... maybe he tried smoking that cartridge instead of actually playing it. Because he’s out of his freaking mind. This game is AWESOME.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

NintendoPete

Okay - after posting here yesterday, I got hooked and played for several hours. Now I am. Lvl 67 crusader and am about to face the final boss of the final act. I got some very awesome loot - throwing my shield like crazy without paying wrath and a 350% increase of damage. I don't need any other powers or weapons right now and I can't choose Torment difficulty, yet.

NintendoPete

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic