Forums

Topic: Diablo III: Eternal Collection

Posts 421 to 440 of 513

Mountain_Man

Zuljaras wrote:

I am amazed why DF did not mention the static background at the top of Bastion Keep. They usually see such little things and include them in their analysis.

They also didn't mention the general lack of dynamic grass in Act 1.

Although they were comparing it to the console ports, so is this the same with the 360 and PS3 versions?

The Mountain Man

Mountain_Man

JoeDiddley wrote:

@Mountain_Man you’re comment was really helpful re playing offline.

But how this game handles playing offline is still a bit confusing for me. The promise of this game was to be able to play offline, but it seems you can’t unless you start a game when connected to WiFi and then put the system into sleep mode? Not ideal if you want to swap between games when travelling.

That's only if you're playing a season character. Non-season characters can be played at any time.

The Mountain Man

Mountain_Man

Wheyo wrote:

@Tasuki @NEStalgia

Thanks both! I’d like to do the campaign first but I don’t want to sit through long cutscenes and tutorial parts for too long as I think it may ruin the fun with a group of us newbies playing for the first time. At the same time, I don’t want to spoil the campaign by going straight for adventure mode as I will definitely play the campaign on my own afterwards.

Difficult decision!

There are only a few cutscenes, but they're awesome. You'll want to watch them.

As for tutorials, there really aren't any. Just some pop-up tips now and then, but once the first cutscene is over, you just start playing. Go for it. It's the best way to learn the game.

The Mountain Man

Nemodius

@Mountain_Man
I just started this game a few days ago day after it came out, i don't get online and was looking forward to being able to not forced online play, I chose (I think) the main story, but with these comments, I'm not sure what mode or whatnot I'm playing, any help ???

"If failure is the greatest teacher, how come we are not the most superior beings in the universe ???"

NEStalgia

@Mountain_Man Diablo 1 and II included printed manuals on glossy paper. I still have mine. They probably should have included a teensy little bit more instruction

@Nemodius If you're getting cutscenes you chose campaign, so you're good. There's like 20 difficulty levels, so you're good for a long time

As for leveling up...hey, if you like grinding in the first areas, then have a blast! The game doesn't really reward or punish how you choose to progress. That said, the loot is geographic. You're not getting the good stuff in that area, and the loot really determines your dps/defense more than your level. The levels just unlock your abilities. The gear is your actual character stats. Thus you can unlock stuff with enough grinding, but you can only upgrade with better gear, and you only get better gear by going farther in the story (and then from there, playing on harder difficulties.....even after beating the campaign you haven't seen half the loot yet.)

NEStalgia

forge002

Bloody hell this is so damn good. I have been playing since Saturday and it just is fantastic. I have been playing Diablo 3 on and off since it was released on PC all those years ago and its just unbelievable being able to play this on Switch anywhere i want. It is silky smooth no matter how much is going on on-screen, im playing a Necromancer and with all the corpse explosions and minions all over the place the game doesnt even blink. The game is just so much fun, and im finding using the Joy-Cons so much more relaxing and enjoyable than i ever found mouse and keyboard. I can see this keeping me occupied for a long time.

forge002

Switch Friend Code: SW-6498-4067-9009

Mountain_Man

NEStalgia wrote:

@Mountain_Man Diablo 1 and II included printed manuals on glossy paper. I still have mine. They probably should have included a teensy little bit more instruction

Or at least go the digital manual route like they did with the 3DS.

The Mountain Man

bilboa

Mountain_Man wrote:

Or at least go the digital manual route like they did with the 3DS.

Yeah, I don't know why they couldn't at least include the same game guide that's available at diablo3.com as an in game digital manual. It would be great to be able access that any time from the pause menu. I like how most 3DS games did that.

Edited on by bilboa

bilboa

Roamer

@forge002 yes I played a bit previously on PS4 but this is much more fun. I think I only got to around level 25 before but I’ve taken my demon hunter to 17 already and I only downloaded it yesterday afternoon! The controls are so intuitive. It’s probably the best game I’ve played on switch regarding the fluidity of controls and action.

Roamer

Mountain_Man

Finished the season journey last night with a Crusader, so now I have a cool new pet (it's essentially Thing from the Adamms Family movies). Now back to the campaign with my Necromancer.

I'm reading on the official forum that a bug in Switch version prevents the Necro's curses from working, or from working consistently. No word from the developers on if/when they plan to patch it. I've also heard rumors that Blizzard wants to update the icon to something more attractive than the game icon on a white background.

The Mountain Man

Nemodius

in 2 min. I will be docked and playing Diablo 3 on 55" of screen, I can't wait to see it

"If failure is the greatest teacher, how come we are not the most superior beings in the universe ???"

Zuljaras

@Mountain_Man I just read it and I tried with Decrepify curse. The slow one. 30 minutes in and it still works.

Maybe the issue is only with Seasonal characters. I do not play seasons so I guess this is the issue. I will play some more and see.

UPDATE: It just happened. Out of nowhere. The curses just stopped working. This is really a shame for Blizzard to let such a bug to pass.

Edited on by Zuljaras

Zuljaras

Nemodius

I swear to God that Myriam is the most worthless Blitch in the whole game, I have tried to change the enchantments on over a $100,000 worth of stuff and 99% of the time the original is the best out of the other options given, and I can understand having the original enchantment and amount available is fine, but here's what my last looked like
I wanted to see what I could change
Vitality 342 into

I got
Vitality 342
Vitality 327
Vitality 342

WTF ?!?!

and that not even the first time, this one just cost the most at one time, Funk Her Useless Brass !!!

Nemodius

I wish they would add an adjustable "Humility Level" on the character customization, it's not a huge deal, but my damn wizard talks so much shnit while bustin' A$$, it gets embarrassing, I know I kick tukus, but damn he's got some major Kardashian/Trump super ego blazing

the monster all run away from my character because they don't want to hear
"I'm So Amazing, I Astound Myself", "Bet You Didn't See THAT Coming", "Why Do The Dead Refuse To Stay In Their Graves" and about 5 other choice phrases EVERY 2 friggin seconds !!!

I know you can shut him up altogether in the main menu, but I like his little quips every once in a while, but damn I just wish there was a way to adjust how frequently he does it

Edited on by Nemodius

forge002

Had my first online co-op experince tonight, have to say it was very smooth with zero lag etc. But can someone please tell me how I change the options to have private game, it’s currently open but I cannot for the life of me work out how to do it. The main menu shows an icon pressing up but it does nothing for me?

forge002

Nemodius

@forge002
do you have Nintendo Direct ???

forge002

@Nemodius

Sorry not sure what you mean? Anyway have sorted it now, bloody obvious now I’ve done it lol

Edited on by forge002

forge002

Nemodius

@forge002
the question was simple, do you have the paid service "Nintendo Direct" ???
my question was about ability to access to the Diablo servers without Nintendo Direct

Nemodius

@bilboa
I gotcha, I would LOVE to get on Diablo servers and even the home menu says "Diablo Servers" not "online" which would assume a Nintendo involved server, so i was hoping I could get on WITHOUT getting in bed with Nintendo (their paid service or not)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic