Forums

Topic: Diablo III: Eternal Collection

Posts 401 to 420 of 606

Tasuki

@Wheyo Honestly I find adventure mode better for multiplayer for that reason alone unless of course everyone doesn't mind the cut scenes and what not. However if you have never played the game and want to experience the story on your own then I do suggest doing at least a solo run through of the campaign.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Roamer

Is the retail copy just a box with a cartridge in? Can’t decide whether to buy it now from eshop or wait until I’m in town tomorrow for the cartridge version.

Switch: Dragon Quest Builders 2, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Valkyria Chronicles, Shin Megami Tensei
PC: Farming Simulator 22

Nemodius

honestly, I prefer physical copies over digital by 1,000%,
but why does the box have to be so damn big if it doesn't include an instruction manual for any of the games ???
it has the holding tabs for them, but the very few games that use those is really just extra "Special Edition" content and add for other games

I love my new Diablo game, but damn, they REALLY leave you high and dry on the what is what and how it works front, even with hints and tutorial shnizzit turned on

"If failure is the greatest teacher, how come we are not the most superior beings in the universe ???"

Roamer

Yeah, switch game boxes are such bad design. It’s like Nintendo had a shed load of boxes left over from something else and decided to stick switch cartridges in them. They’re totally unsuitable for what they are and over large. I’m sure they could make a smaller, more seductive design. I think a square box with the middle clear so you can see the cartridge and design around it would be far better. I’m sure their graphic designers could come up with something better!

Anyway, back on topic, I’ve bought the eshop version and I’m downloading. Now to decide on class...

Switch: Dragon Quest Builders 2, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Valkyria Chronicles, Shin Megami Tensei

bilboa

@Nemodius I do wish games came with manuals. However for a big game like Diablo, it would take a much bigger printed manual than would fit in a cartridge case to describe the game. Blizzard does have a pretty decent game guide on their website.

https://us.diablo3.com/en/game/

bilboa

Roamer

I’m reading that you should start with a seasonal character because they have exclusive armour and then revert to normal when the season is over anyway. Would you ‘seasoned’ players concur?

Nemodius

in the past few days I have had this game, I have picked up on some interesting things as well as strategies (that work for my play style and character class at least)

(i have never played any Diablo game before the Switch version of this one so give me some leway on my ignorance)
I notice unlike most other RPG's, the leveling system not only increases the strength of the monsters, but also the experience points, for monsters in the same area, other games, (even ones that make the monsters stronger) don't increase the relative experience, so eventually you will be forced to progress in the game because you can't earn 10,000, 50,000, 100,000 exp reasonably when fighting monsters that only give out 5 exp each, but this game increases the exp relatively to the character'e need, so you pretty much end up fighting the same NUMBER of monsters in the same area no matter what level you are.
so what's the point ??? I am at level 34 and have not even gone past the part where you get Lorics (or whatever) crown, been having too much fun grinding for unique weapons/armor/equipment/ect., I'm set up where I regen 635 hp/sec., and I have some kick brass spells and wands at my command,

I just don't see why they did it this way, other than that and the game doesn't tell you some basic instructions on how to do certain things* I love it

*"instructions on certain things": great example, I'm afraid to have the blacksmith make me anything because other than the class of weapon, it doesn't really say what's going to happen, it just tells me the money and materials cost and slots, but then what ??? I mean I spent a brass load of money on that woman who changes the stats on items but you don't know what type of buffs you might have randomly pop up, and I have spent 9/10 changes just deciding to get the same buff, do the buffs get better with more powerful equipment or will you pay a brassload of money just to get a selection of crap changes or go for the same buff

and frankly I don't think it's such a bad idea even if they don't put a paper instruction manual in the box, they could have a digital one avail in the main menu

Edited on by Nemodius

"If failure is the greatest teacher, how come we are not the most superior beings in the universe ???"

Nemodius

one important question...

will going to the woman to transmogrify an item to another type change the item's stats and such ???
I have a staff I purchased, really awesome, but I'd like to change it to a wand so I can add my off hand items

UPDATE
Never mind, tried to change it, but will not let you change the class of weapon (big waste of $25,000)

Edited on by Nemodius

Mountain_Man

Zuljaras wrote:

I am amazed why DF did not mention the static background at the top of Bastion Keep. They usually see such little things and include them in their analysis.

They also didn't mention the general lack of dynamic grass in Act 1.

Although they were comparing it to the console ports, so is this the same with the 360 and PS3 versions?

The Mountain Man

Mountain_Man

JoeDiddley wrote:

@Mountain_Man you’re comment was really helpful re playing offline.

But how this game handles playing offline is still a bit confusing for me. The promise of this game was to be able to play offline, but it seems you can’t unless you start a game when connected to WiFi and then put the system into sleep mode? Not ideal if you want to swap between games when travelling.

That's only if you're playing a season character. Non-season characters can be played at any time.

The Mountain Man

Mountain_Man

Wheyo wrote:

@Tasuki @NEStalgia

Thanks both! I’d like to do the campaign first but I don’t want to sit through long cutscenes and tutorial parts for too long as I think it may ruin the fun with a group of us newbies playing for the first time. At the same time, I don’t want to spoil the campaign by going straight for adventure mode as I will definitely play the campaign on my own afterwards.

Difficult decision!

There are only a few cutscenes, but they're awesome. You'll want to watch them.

As for tutorials, there really aren't any. Just some pop-up tips now and then, but once the first cutscene is over, you just start playing. Go for it. It's the best way to learn the game.

The Mountain Man

Nemodius

@Mountain_Man
I just started this game a few days ago day after it came out, i don't get online and was looking forward to being able to not forced online play, I chose (I think) the main story, but with these comments, I'm not sure what mode or whatnot I'm playing, any help ???

NEStalgia

@Mountain_Man Diablo 1 and II included printed manuals on glossy paper. I still have mine. They probably should have included a teensy little bit more instruction

@Nemodius If you're getting cutscenes you chose campaign, so you're good. There's like 20 difficulty levels, so you're good for a long time

As for leveling up...hey, if you like grinding in the first areas, then have a blast! The game doesn't really reward or punish how you choose to progress. That said, the loot is geographic. You're not getting the good stuff in that area, and the loot really determines your dps/defense more than your level. The levels just unlock your abilities. The gear is your actual character stats. Thus you can unlock stuff with enough grinding, but you can only upgrade with better gear, and you only get better gear by going farther in the story (and then from there, playing on harder difficulties.....even after beating the campaign you haven't seen half the loot yet.)

NEStalgia

forge002

Bloody hell this is so damn good. I have been playing since Saturday and it just is fantastic. I have been playing Diablo 3 on and off since it was released on PC all those years ago and its just unbelievable being able to play this on Switch anywhere i want. It is silky smooth no matter how much is going on on-screen, im playing a Necromancer and with all the corpse explosions and minions all over the place the game doesnt even blink. The game is just so much fun, and im finding using the Joy-Cons so much more relaxing and enjoyable than i ever found mouse and keyboard. I can see this keeping me occupied for a long time.

forge002

Switch Friend Code: SW-6498-4067-9009

Mountain_Man

NEStalgia wrote:

@Mountain_Man Diablo 1 and II included printed manuals on glossy paper. I still have mine. They probably should have included a teensy little bit more instruction

Or at least go the digital manual route like they did with the 3DS.

The Mountain Man

bilboa

Mountain_Man wrote:

Or at least go the digital manual route like they did with the 3DS.

Yeah, I don't know why they couldn't at least include the same game guide that's available at diablo3.com as an in game digital manual. It would be great to be able access that any time from the pause menu. I like how most 3DS games did that.

Edited on by bilboa

bilboa

Roamer

@forge002 yes I played a bit previously on PS4 but this is much more fun. I think I only got to around level 25 before but I’ve taken my demon hunter to 17 already and I only downloaded it yesterday afternoon! The controls are so intuitive. It’s probably the best game I’ve played on switch regarding the fluidity of controls and action.

Mountain_Man

Finished the season journey last night with a Crusader, so now I have a cool new pet (it's essentially Thing from the Adamms Family movies). Now back to the campaign with my Necromancer.

I'm reading on the official forum that a bug in Switch version prevents the Necro's curses from working, or from working consistently. No word from the developers on if/when they plan to patch it. I've also heard rumors that Blizzard wants to update the icon to something more attractive than the game icon on a white background.

The Mountain Man

Nemodius

in 2 min. I will be docked and playing Diablo 3 on 55" of screen, I can't wait to see it

Zuljaras

@Mountain_Man I just read it and I tried with Decrepify curse. The slow one. 30 minutes in and it still works.

Maybe the issue is only with Seasonal characters. I do not play seasons so I guess this is the issue. I will play some more and see.

UPDATE: It just happened. Out of nowhere. The curses just stopped working. This is really a shame for Blizzard to let such a bug to pass.

Edited on by Zuljaras

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic