Forums

Topic: Diablo III: Eternal Collection

Posts 141 to 160 of 606

Zuljaras

Too bad we don't have Diablo 2 on a handheld as well. I have Diablo 1 on my PSP and now Diablo 3 on my Switch. I hope Blizzard consider Diablo 2 remaster for consoles. They announced that they work on multiple Diablo projects and I hope beside the Netflix series and the Diablo 3 Switch there is Diablo 4 and Diablo 2 remaster (with console option).

Ryzaerian

I’m so hyped about this. I’ve been playing this game on various platforms since 2012, and still love it.

Friend Code: SW-4697-0836-1490

Currently playing: Warframe, Diablo 3, Splatoon 2, Paladins, Zelda: BotW, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Bastion.

“...and we will send you to whatever god you wish.”

misanthrope

jhewitt3476 wrote:

I had heard the name of the "Diablo" series for years, I didn't know anything and honestly, the cover art just made me think of another dungeon crawl, I asked friends and all I got was vague "oh yah, fun as crazy", "you can get caught up real easy", but no one actually told me anything, so i ignored it....then I hear a D3 port is coming and I was like "Oh good God, BFD", then was at a friend's and saw him playing what looked like a clone of one of my favorite arcade games...Gauntlet, I was "hey, this is nice, what are you on ???"

Well, D3 is now in my Switch collection, well I set aside an open slot in my carry case specifically for it

can't wait !!!

lesson, don't judge a book by its cover !!! (look at the cover art of the ORIGINAL NES Mega Man 2)

Diablo came out when I was 13 in 1996.... My parents didnt own a PC. My best friend had 2 older brothers and they were always largely into games. They talked their parents into buying a new computer around this time and after they got Diablo, it was all I wanted to play every time i went over to their house.

Diablo is the primary influence that got me into PC gaming. It was DARK.. it was evil and as mature as you could possibly make a game at the time. It was something you didn't want your parents to know much about. It was the greatest game ever.

By the time Diablo2 came out, I had talked my parents into buying me a PC. In fact all of my friends had a PC by now and we all lost our poo when Diablo 2 came out... For the people who were there, this was the greatest moment in gaming and not much since that time has been as good as Diablo 2 was in 2000. It was everything Diablo 1 was but more.. and better.

So just trust me when I tell you that Diablo3 is a steaming pile of saturday morning cartoon poo. This game is Christian friendly... you could use it to pacify your toddler while they suck their thumb. Cain dies to a butterfly attack for christs sake.

Diablo3 is the largest disappointment the gaming industry has ever seen and screw this generation of gamers for entertaining poo like this and buying loot boxes and glorifying "achievements" and everything else that has made this generation of games so bad. Pretty soon all our games will have autotune as well.

Edited on by Joeynator3000

misanthrope

Ryzaerian

Regardless of what the crazy, angry guy yells in your direction, Diablo 3 is a great game and definitely worth checking out.

And somebody get this man his meds. 😁

Currently playing: Warframe, Diablo 3, Splatoon 2, Paladins, Zelda: BotW, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Bastion.

Nemodius

Well, maybe i'll like, maybe not, worse comes to worse, it's the love child of Gauntlet and a Mystery Dungeon game, both types I love so, even if I don't think it lives up to the hype, I'll probably still like it as a game, Diablo name attached or not

"If failure is the greatest teacher, how come we are not the most superior beings in the universe ???"

Tasuki

@jhewitt3476 I thoroughly enjoy them game. I have been playing it on the PS4 since it launched there so about 5 years now off and on. It's a great game to just relax with.

Obviously that post above is just a troll so I wouldn't take their word seriously.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Ryzaerian

@Tasuki

Same here. Started on PC, played a bunch on PS4, and now pretty excited about getting it on the Switch.

That’s six years with “the largest disappointment the gaming industry has ever seen.” Wish someone had told me that I’m not having any fun. I had no idea.

Tasuki

@Ryzaerian Yeah I bought on Xbox 360 played it a bit on that. When the PS4 version was announced I got that and now I am looking forward to getting it on the Switch to play it on the go. I also have it on PC which got for free because of a deal with WoW.

It's one of the few games I keep permanently installed cause I know at some point I will come back again.

My Backlog

misanthrope

Tasuki wrote:

@jhewitt3476 I thoroughly enjoy them game. I have been playing it on the PS4 since it launched there so about 5 years now off and on. It's a great game to just relax with.

Obviously that post above is just a troll so I wouldn't take their word seriously.

I don't like the game so I'm a troll? Everything I said is true... he said he keeps hearing "Diablo" over the years and I told him D3 is not representative of Diablo.... Kind of like how FF13 and FF15 are not representative of Final Fantasy anymore...

Ryzaerian wrote:

@Tasuki

Same here. Started on PC, played a bunch on PS4, and now pretty excited about getting it on the Switch.

That’s six years with “the largest disappointment the gaming industry has ever seen.” Wish someone had told me that I’m not having any fun. I had no idea.

Just tell me why Path of Exile looks more like Diablo 3 than Diablo 3 does.

misanthrope

misanthrope

@Tasuki you're pathetic... I give an honest account of my experience with Diablo starting from over 20 years ago, because I've played ALL of them and was an original fan (you know, the people who made the series successful to begin with) and you make a dismissive post calling me a troll for no reason and then now ignore me for backing up my opinions?

misanthrope

Tasuki

@misanthrope With words like that people will think you are the child and need to grow up. You sure throw a tantrum like one. Go run along now I think it's past your nap time.

My Backlog

misanthrope

[removed]

Edited on by Octane

misanthrope

Ryzaerian

So...

<cough>

...how about that local sports team, huh? They sure are winning/losing a lot this year.

Joeynator3000

@misanthrope You may want to calm down, and stop with the profanity...

As for Tasuki, calling someone a troll probably wasn't the best idea and should've just ignored him.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Octane

Let's get back on topic, shall we?

Octane

Tasuki

@StephanDLW Moderation is the key as with anything else. Then again with local co-op you can always have your friends join in 😀

My Backlog

Nemodius

OHH-KEE-DOKEY !!!
Well it's getting pretty rough in here, so thanx everyone, I think I am convinced I will get the game, sorry Misanthrope that you don't like the game compared to the others

"If failure is the greatest teacher, how come we are not the most superior beings in the universe ???"

Mountain_Man

misanthrope wrote:

jhewitt3476 wrote:

I had heard the name of the "Diablo" series for years, I didn't know anything and honestly, the cover art just made me think of another dungeon crawl, I asked friends and all I got was vague "oh yah, fun as crazy", "you can get caught up real easy", but no one actually told me anything, so i ignored it....then I hear a D3 port is coming and I was like "Oh good God, BFD", then was at a friend's and saw him playing what looked like a clone of one of my favorite arcade games...Gauntlet, I was "hey, this is nice, what are you on ???"

Well, D3 is now in my Switch collection, well I set aside an open slot in my carry case specifically for it

can't wait !!!

lesson, don't judge a book by its cover !!! (look at the cover art of the ORIGINAL NES Mega Man 2)

Diablo came out when I was 13 in 1996.... My parents didnt own a PC. My best friend had 2 older brothers and they were always largely into games. They talked their parents into buying a new computer around this time and after they got Diablo, it was all I wanted to play every time i went over to their house.

Diablo is the primary influence that got me into PC gaming. It was DARK.. it was evil and as mature as you could possibly make a game at the time. It was something you didn't want your parents to know much about. It was the greatest game ever.

By the time Diablo2 came out, I had talked my parents into buying me a PC. In fact all of my friends had a PC by now and we all lost our poo when Diablo 2 came out... For the people who were there, this was the greatest moment in gaming and not much since that time has been as good as Diablo 2 was in 2000. It was everything Diablo 1 was but more.. and better.

So just trust me when I tell you that Diablo3 is a steaming pile of saturday morning cartoon poo. This game is Christian friendly... you could use it to pacify your toddler while they suck their thumb. Cain dies to a butterfly attack for christs sake.

Diablo3 is the largest disappointment the gaming industry has ever seen and screw this generation of gamers for entertaining poo like this and buying loot boxes and glorifying "achievements" and everything else that has made this generation of games so bad. Pretty soon all our games will have autotune as well.

Hahahaha!

Having been a part of the Diablo community from the very beginning, I can remember how bitterly disappointed "hardcore" Diablo fans were with Diablo 2. They hated the "hand holding" introduced by the skill trees (no longer did you have the freedom to create a warrior who shot fireballs); they hated the "action game" feel introduced by the run feature ("Diablo is supposed to be a slow-paced dungeon crawler!" they lamented); they hated the wide-open, brightly lit outdoor areas ("And it's supposed to be dark, cramped, and claustrophobic!" was the cry heard on the Battle.net forums). And yet despite their constant criticisms, Diablo 2 was hugely successful and is today regarded as one of the best games ever made.

Then came Diablo 3, and history repeated itself with all the "hardcore" Diablo 2 fans bitterly weeping and gnashing their teeth despite the fact that Diablo 3 has far more in common with Diablo 2 than Diablo 2 had in common with Diablo 1. And just like Diablo 2, their complaints have not stopped Diablo 3 from being hugely successful and one of Blizzard's best-selling and most played games — the fact that this is the game they're using to reintroduce themselves to the Nintendo customer base speaks volumes.

I played Diablo 2 for hundreds of hours — it's one of my all-time favorites — but compared to Diablo 3, it's such a clunky, cumbersome experience. Diablo 3, in my opinion, is a vastly superior game, and I am so excited that it's coming to the Switch. It's one of those "May as well glue the cartridge into the system" type of games because once I get it, I'm probably not going to play much else.

The Mountain Man

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic