Forums

Topic: Dark Souls Remastered \[т]/

Posts 961 to 980 of 1,002

JoyBoy

Beat the game and it’s very good. Both dlc’s are very memorable though the first is a bit on the short side. Astoria dlc must have been very impressive for its time I can only imagine, it can definitely hold it’s own compared to the later souls games( I also love the early hint at Bloodborne).

I might update my thoughts about the game later on but I’m very impressed by it’s world and themes the most.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Dezzy

@Spanjard

There's only 1 DLC for the game. The Artorias thing. Starts when you go through the portal in the cave and ends at Manus in the Abyss. Also, I hope you found the hidden Kalameet boss fight, cos it's awesome.

Everything else is part of the main game.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

radaway_1

Hi all , had a question ( I am new to D.S ...just been a few days)
I had claymore to +8
then I went to Andre(blacksmith) and got it upgraded to 'divine weapon'. + 5(without knowing what I was doing,..and assuming divine is better)
basically my +8 is gone and I am looking at +5 divine.
Did I goof up here ?
was the claymore + 8 more powerful than the now claymore + 5 divine ?
*also , do I have to do anything(stats., magic etc) to see the power of the + 5 divine , or is it 'included' in the claymore I am weilding-as-we-speak ? (so I just swing with it merrily & all's includeded in the swing ...qua damage I shall inflict )?

Edited on by radaway_1

radaway_1

Losermagnet

I'm not very good at Dark Souls. My strategy is usually "buy a bunch of arrows and see if I can kill it without it noticing". However, I managed to beat Ornstein and Smough on my third attempt and that felt fantastic. I was ready for that battle to take hours, based on their infamy.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

radaway_1

Hi Losermagnet ,
Thx. 1st-ly getting back here ...
It's been some time I posted that post of mine & things have moved on...
In fact I have come to the Game NG+ scenario & am quiet a bit mature than back on Nov. 2020 .
Just for the records, let me answer my oqn queries , for anyone else who ever comes across this:
<basically my +8 is gone and I am looking at +5 divine.
Did I goof up here ?>
Yes, I goofed up here. 'divine' is only for killing the skelets....then they do not respawn. Otherwise a +8 damage is more than a +5 divine.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Good, you managed to whip Ornstein and Smough . O & S is the nightmare in this game.
what I also do is go for Iron flesh ....then zwei (a +15) on both hands and try to whack it out.
I suck @ swordplay ...and am more of a Tanker.
The heaviest suit , weapon , iron flesh and stand and deliver.
ofcourse 10-15 Flasks is a Must.

radaway_1

radaway_1

@Dezzy
Jah ...I found kalameet....or did he find me 1st ...whatever.
I am not much of swordplay man...so I just duck under it's gonads and whack from there with iron Flesh.
I agree, I miss the awesomeness....but survival and coming out victorious is also a virtue I am looking at for
Artorius is stylishly made ...very stylish ...but is a Pain in the prosteriors.
I think I went to his invitation a good 16 times before I could hand him his own invitation card.
He is One handed ....can't imagine how many times would he have invited me had he been 2 handed...gulp.
Did I say ..how stylish he was made by the game developers.

radaway_1

radaway_1

@Spanjard
Hi , I think I can say a word or 2 about the dlc.
you have to go to duke's archives and get the 'pendant' from the only golum at the gate entrance.( of course he does not give it to you ...chuckle)
then head back where you killed the 1st Hydra and walk where you must have met a golden golem that was hiding a Lass (Olacile) inside it.
There's a gateway (portal) now there ...once you go inside that portal ...the DLC will start...stuff like sacntuary garden, artorius , Olacile township & Mr Manus as the great Boss.
If you need any pointers , let me know....I am on NG+ ...
PS: without the 'pendant' the Portal wont appear in the game.

radaway_1

radaway_1

@Dezzy
it still kills you if you hit the sides of the stairs while making the Leap of faith( I found out that in a painful way). That sadistic miyazaki. !
but if you climb down the staircase and then make the leap , the chances of death are minimalised.

radaway_1

radaway_1

@Dezzy
<Lol I just attacked her without thinking on my first playthrough. Boss-looking creature in boss-arena-looking place -> attack.>

heh heh heh.....makes sence...!

Edited on by radaway_1

radaway_1

radaway_1

NESlover85 wrote:

Just tried to take on O&S for the first time. Killed Orenstein fairly quickly with Solaire's help. Solaire died shortly after. Got Smough's health down to 2 or 3 hits and I got greedy and he smooshed me under his hammer. I am still shaking from the adrenaline!

Update: I did it! Second try and I beat them!!!!

I know how you Feel .
I also know the pain when I deleted the game after getting killed 26 straight times(O&S) and npc went hostile. There could have been big holes in my TV...but luckily did not happen.

Edited on by radaway_1

radaway_1

radaway_1

aresius wrote:

Hi Guys, i would like to ask just one question about this port, how it is play with the joycons? is possibile to defeat any enemies including bosses with them ? i am asking becasue i do not want to buy the pro controller and if the game is a with the joycons i will save my money for CTR next month

dunno if you are alreay at home base...but
I find the joy-con completely clownish ...compared to the pro ctrlr.
I did not know this myself , till I bought myself one(Pro).
Now I only play with the pro ...it's firm, heavy & Robust.
for e.g, it takes me 2-3 left thump tweaks to put the cursor on the enemy's head with the Pro(sniper mode)....I will take 5-6 tries with the joy con...and maybe even more tries.
The difference is quality....simply put.

radaway_1

Losermagnet

@radaway_1 thanks. I play tank style too. I had Havel's ring equipped, and wore a mixture of high defence armor and a high defence/stability shield. I was basically a wall. I got lucky. I used the pillars to seperate them as best I could and killed Ornstein quickly. Smough on his own wasnt that bad. It was a bit easier because I have a +5 Hellkite Sword and Smough is chonky.

The divine weapon thing tripped me up at the time because i kind of forced myself through the catacombs way too early. By the time I could forge one I didn't really need it. I killed the Necromancers using the aformentioned bow tactic to get the skeletons to stop respawning. Then was grounded into sawdust by Bonewheels and a Black Knight.

Unrelated question to everyone - This is my first soulsborne game and I'm wondering if there's a recommended order they should be played in. I'll probably do them chronologically from release date which would mean Dark Souls -> Dark Souls II -> Blood Borne -> Dark Souls III -> Sekiro

Thoughts?

Dezzy

@radaway_1

Yeah the different types of weapon upgrades like Divine, Crystal, Enchanted, Magic, don't necessarily make a weapon stronger. They just give it different attributes. So in general you want a weapon that is just upgraded to be normal +10, and then some separate ones that have certain abilities like Divine and Magic.

Losermagnet wrote:

Unrelated question to everyone - This is my first soulsborne game and I'm wondering if there's a recommended order they should be played in. I'll probably do them chronologically from release date which would mean Dark Souls -> Dark Souls II -> Blood Borne -> Dark Souls III -> Sekiro

They're almost entirely independent of one another, so it generally doesn't matter. The only 2 where it matters a small amount are DS1 and DS3. DS3 reuses some characters and places from DS1 (although they're presented as if they're new, so first timers won't notice), so you should definitely play DS1 before DS3. That's the only issue though. The rest are almost entirely independent games and you can play them in any order.

Edited on by Dezzy

JoyBoy

@radaway_1 You do realize you're replying to a message from about a year ago in which I already told I beat the game I beat the game multiple times now.

@Losermagnet just my opinion of course, but I would remove ds2 from that list and just play in the order of the original creator. (ds2 was directed by someone else)

Sekiro is a different beast altogether, movement and combat wise. I absolutely loved it and keep returning to it.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Losermagnet

@Dezzy @Spanjard thanks for the input. My primary concern in playing them in a different order is if certain entries are less refined that it would be more difficult to enjoy them. I've often read that Dark Souls II is the non-Miyazaki "b-team" game and I figured the only good time to play it would be after Dark Souls I. It's good to hear that it's safely skippable. I'll probably still try it (I already bought it 😂) but I don't have the free time to finish a game that isn't compelling.

Dezzy

@Losermagnet

Yeah if you skip DS2, you won't really miss anything. It's not a bad game per se, but it basically does everything worse than the other games in the series, and doesn't really have any aspect in which it stands out.

Especially if you don't have that much free time, it's definitely safe to skip it. The other 3 games (or 4 if you have Demon's Souls too), will take a lot of time to work through anyway.

I would recommend going DS1->DS3->Bloodborne->Sekiro though. Dark Souls 3 has basically the same gameplay mechanics as Dark Souls 1, so you can transition into that very easily. Whereas Bloodborne and Sekiro both change those mechanics up quite a bit, so require a bit of adjusting your mentality.

Losermagnet

@Dezzy thanks for the advice. I've become acutely obsessed with this series and I ended up buying all the games available on my PS4. I even indulged and bought a board game version so I can paint the minis.

What do you consider the most difficult Souldborne game? I've only played the first DS and, while it's challenging, I wouldn't say it's remarkably difficult. I have a harder time navigating areas than I do with combat (usually).

Dezzy

@Losermagnet

Either Bloodborne or Sekiro. Really depends on which system you find easiest to adapt to.

Also don't forget that DS3 and Bloodborne both have DLC, that is not to be missed!

Mikey94

Does anyone still play this on Switch? What's the online PvP like?

Dark Souls is my favourite game ever and I bought this when it first came to Switch, I used to do low level PvP at Undead Burg non-stop was so much fun but because of the WL they have added I never went to a different area for PvP as I wasn't sure on activity and what weapons people would use. I want to rebuy this but I mainly do PvP I had 100 hours on the game and only beat the Asylum Demon.

Mikey94

jump

I’ve now on my third attempt to play this properly and to be honest I don’t see what the fuss is about. I’m just not having fun, it’s probably too “hardcore” for the likes of me.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic