Forums

Topic: Dark Souls Remastered \[т]/

Posts 941 to 960 of 1,002

aresius

Hi Guys, i would like to ask just one question about this port, how it is play with the joycons? is possibile to defeat any enemies including bosses with them ? i am asking becasue i do not want to buy the pro controller and if the game is a with the joycons i will save my money for CTR next month

Edited on by Eel

aresius

BruceCM

Huh? Unless you're using motion controls, which is entirely optional, I have no idea what difference you expect....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

aresius

BruceCM wrote:

Huh? Unless you're using motion controls, which is entirely optional, I have no idea what difference you expect....

well about the analogist stick, I know this is a game where fine movement is important, especially against very fast bosses

aresius

BruceCM

Oh, right... I managed to complete the game in handheld mode, personally & I'd never played a Dark Souls game before, so....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

EvilLucario

@aresius Put it this way: Dark Souls is a series you can comfortably beat bosses on a keyboard with only one hand with the right setup.

Joy-Cons are perfectly fine.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

aresius

BruceCM wrote:

Oh, right... I managed to complete the game in handheld mode, personally & I'd never played a Dark Souls game before, so....

thanks, you sold me the game i will buy it today

aresius

aresius

EvilLucario wrote:

@aresius Put it this way: Dark Souls is a series you can comfortably beat bosses on a keyboard with only one hand with the right setup.

Joy-Cons are perfectly fine.

amazing thanks , i will but it today

aresius

EvilLucario

@AstralOrange I highly recommend playing DS1 like Bloodborne in the sense of dodging into attacks, running fast rolls, and going for max DPS (for the most part, have a shield ready for some attacks).

Capra Demon can be annoying though. Dogs are the hardest part of that fight.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

JoyBoy

So i’ve been playing this again, got quite a bit further and explored what I think is all of Blight town; I guess you can never be certain. I enjoyed it quite a lot, heard bad stories about it but it was fun for me, no horrendous frame rate helps, i’m sure. Found a new path and a Fire Keeper Soul! Which would have been great news if she also didn’t die, the fire keeper that is... I hope this event was triggered and not me screwing things up lol.

Edit: Wait, what!? I can’t rest at the bonfire anymore because of the Fire Keeper being absent. Yikes!

Edited on by JoyBoy

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

EvilLucario

@AstralOrange Eh, DS1 is kinda easier imo because it wasn't as balanced around 2h and fast rolls, meaning you can decimate bosses and enemies before they have any idea of what's gonna come. Bosses are also way easier to read, and have much less health and attack patterns to see. Bloodborne does have way higher DPS than any Souls game, but it's also kinda balanced around that to a slight degree (gems from Chalice Dungeons don't help though).

Krull

@AstralOrange I feel your pain. The Capra Demon was, for me, a real pain. When I finally beat it, I had the smallest sliver of health you can possibly imagine. It was actually not even visible, and I thought I had died and was cursing the screen - until I realised I could still move my character around.

I died hundreds of times during my playthrough, but most of the other bosses took me fewer tries than the Capra Demon. I beat it in the end, though. Many thanks to the human player who helped me bring down Ornstein and Smough on only my third try!

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

Dezzy

Spanjard wrote:

So i’ve been playing this again, got quite a bit further and explored what I think is all of Blight town; I guess you can never be certain. I enjoyed it quite a lot, heard bad stories about it but it was fun for me, no horrendous frame rate helps, i’m sure. Found a new path and a Fire Keeper Soul! Which would have been great news if she also didn’t die, the fire keeper that is... I hope this event was triggered and not me screwing things up lol.

Edit: Wait, what!? I can’t rest at the bonfire anymore because of the Fire Keeper being absent. Yikes!

The main fire keeper dying is avoidable. But it's not really worth avoiding. You should get a "Black Eye Orb" from her cell when she dies.
You can use that in Anor Londo to get her Fire Keeper Soul back. At which point you can either revive her, or use it to strengthen your Estus Flask.

There are 3 fire keepers in the game. So you need to keep 1 alive and preferably kill the other 2 to get their souls.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

JoyBoy

So I have one of these moments where I don’t feel like playing any game but this one. But it’s been a while and I’m not sure if the game told me where to go or if I should just go places. Last thing I remember is Anor Lando and beating the duo boss and get rewarded with a pair of holy jugs(which allowed me to teleport?).

Oh, and meeting quite the mysterious character at fire link shrine, with who I went down and up again. I don’t remember what I gained from that. Catacombs still seems impossible, like “you need a special weapon or something impossible”

Any pointers without too much spoil?

SW-7849-9887-2074

Dezzy

@Spanjard

Things open up completely at that point. There are 4 main 'dungeons' you have to do to get the "Lord Souls", then there's the Artorias DLC, and then the Painted World and Ash Lake optional areas (that you might have already done but probably haven't). You can do any of these things in any order now.

The best of those are by far are the Artorias DLC and the Painted World, so I'd do those first if I were you.
Artorias is tough so maybe do the Painted World first to level up. The Painted World is a magical world hidden inside a giant painting in Anor Londo. To get inside you need an item from the Undead Asylum, the place where you started the entire game. To get back to the Asylum, you need to find your way up to the giant crow at the Firelink Shrine. He'll take you back.

Alternatively if you want to do the 4 Lord Souls first, they are located:

Dukes Archives: the tower up on the hill that you can see from the entrance to Anor Londo. You should be able to figure out the route from there.
New Londo Ruins: dark place with lots of water and ghosts that you probably saw quite early on. Very near to Firelink Shrine.
Tomb of the Giants: the place after you get through the catacombs. If you want to easily beat skeletons you need a Divine weapon. That stops them respawning.
Demon Ruins: deep below the ground with a lot of fire and lava. You saw the entrance earlier on when you'd just beat a boss that used a lot of fire attacks.

Edited on by Dezzy

JoyBoy

@Dezzy I actually found my way to the crow pretty early on which was a neat experience. But I got absolutely smashed when I got back there and so I decided to return later.
Yesterday I completed the area with the cat(optional I guess?). Today I went back to Anor Lando and to my surprise one of the before closed gates was now open. This area has one of the games intro legends as a boss. Died a couple of times, not sure what to do yet, can’t seem to reach him.

If the DLC is the best I’d rather save it for later I think. Like after main quest, as long as the game doesn’t end immediately. I’m kinda surprised at how many bosses I have beaten first try. I feel like my char is a bit overpowered, combine that with an overpowered weapon and this not being my first Souls, it’s maybe not that surprising.

SW-7849-9887-2074

Dezzy

@Spanjard

The area with the cat is probably the Darkroot Garden. It's not optional because the item you get from beating the giant wolf is needed later for New Londo.

I'd definitely do the Painted World next though. Go back to the Undead Asylum. The item you need doesn't require fighting any boss. You can go around and just get the item then leave.

JoyBoy

Dezzy wrote:

Alternatively if you want to do the 4 Lord Souls first, they are located:

Dukes Archives: the tower up on the hill that you can see from the entrance to Anor Londo. You should be able to figure out the route from there.
New Londo Ruins: dark place with lots of water and ghosts that you probably saw quite early on. Very near to Firelink Shrine.
Tomb of the Giants: the place after you get through the catacombs. If you want to easily beat skeletons you need a Divine weapon. That stops them respawning.
Demon Ruins: deep below the ground with a lot of fire and lava. You saw the entrance earlier on when you'd just beat a boss that used a lot of fire attacks.

New Londo Ruins I remember clearing for the most part except for a part that required a key or something. Did the Wolf give me something for that because I don’t remember. All the other areas you mentioned
I indeed already stumbled upon.

SW-7849-9887-2074

Dezzy

@Spanjard

New Londo ruins is twice as big as it initially looks. Once you get to the far side, you open the giant doors (that connect to the Valley of the Drakes), and all of the water drains out, revealing a lot more to explore.
The item you get from the wolf is a ring that allows you to fall into the Abyss, a dark void that's at the bottom of a really long spiral staircase. If you fall in without wearing the ring, it kills you.

JoyBoy

After quite the hiatus I finally got to playing this game again. I started by finishing New Londo, Tomb of Giants and then that whole lava area + Asylum. Before playing what looked like the final boss I went to painted world and just finished it.

I know there is still a dlc area which I have a clue about so don’t spoil me its location yet. You could answer me this @Dezzy or anyone for that matter, is Ash Lake that area where you ultimately find that covenant dragon from the intro movie? If not I will try and look a bit more.

SW-7849-9887-2074

Dezzy

@Spanjard

Yes, it's shown in the intro movie and has the last surviving dragon there (don't forget to cut off its tail too).

It's unlikely you'll figure out the location of the DLC area without help by the way. From Soft are terrible with hiding their DLC.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic