Forums

Topic: Dark Souls Remastered \[т]/

Posts 941 to 960 of 973

Spanjard

@rallydefault Np! If you playing the game is an unintended consequence of me writing about it I’ll happily continue. I’m enjoying it very much at the moment. About the rpg elements, I would keep it simple if I were you, for example; you definitely need health and stamina the third one would be Strength or Dexterity in your case maybe? Because you see, weapons scale in these games. So if you have a weapon that scales with dex for example, you really want to lvl your dexterity because that’s a bonus you don’t want to miss out on. And when you upgrade these weapons the scaling will go from C - B for example or later from B - A. So it will all just multiply like crazy and make you very effective.
But I’m not as knowledgeable as some are here probably so if anyone can correct me or has something to add, gladly.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Dezzy

Spanjard wrote:

Day 3:

The day I died

Lol this is like an emo teenager's diary.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Spanjard

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Thanks, I will!

@Dezzy Lol, spot on! It’s impossible to unsee it now. It looks even funnier when you isolate it like that.

I’m really confused now by the humanity system; I had 3 humanity active as it were(In the top left of the screen). Saw a demon a little bit beyond Andre so I used up 1 humanity to see if I could summon someone. Later in the forest I used up my estus but luckily found a bonfire to replenish it all, but now I could only use 5 Estus Flasks instead of 10. So now I thought maybe it has to do with the amount of humanity I have activated. So I brought my humanity back up to 3 but it still didn’t work. Later I returned to the bonfire near Andre, sat down and now it did give me 10 flasks... what’s up with that? @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

Edited on by Spanjard

SW-7849-9887-2074

Dezzy

@Spanjard

You use humanity to kindle the bonfires, which increases the Estus refills you get from them. You have to be in human form to do it.

So 1 humanity to become human (Reverse Hollowing), then another 1 to kindle the bonfire and add 5 more refills. Different bonfires start out at different levels of kindling. So some are 10 and some are 5. You can get it up to 20 I think, with a key item later.

Spanjard

Dezzy wrote:

@Spanjard

You use humanity to kindle the bonfires, which increases the Estus refills you get from them. You have to be in human form to do it.

Thanks, that was the part I was missing. So is there any reason to stack up more than 2 humanity? Seems like a risk, I already lost 3 due to negligence.

Edited on by Spanjard

SW-7849-9887-2074

Dezzy

@Spanjard

Yeah there are various status effect bonuses you get from it. The most useful one being the "Item Discovery". So if you're trying to get rare item drops, you need to consume lots of humanity to increase the drop rate. I think it maxes out at 10 though.

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

Seems I'm rather late... I didn't get your '@' @Spanjard otherwise I would've answered sooner. I think it's cus you edited a comment rather then made a new one! 😅

"Chaos" weapons I believe get a boost from your humanity rating

Also your poison/bleed defenses etc get improved a little per humanity

Edited on by Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

You don't need to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of - Aigis, Persona 3

"No cost too great. No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering" - Hollow Knight

NESlover85

Recently got through Blight Town. I'm wondering if the stuttering was what made this area difficult on other versions. It wasn't a cake walk by any means but I was expecting it to be super hard.

In the year of 198X, a super gamer named NESlover85 was created...

3DS Friend Code: 4940-6777-7430 | Nintendo Network ID: NESlover85

EvilLucario

@NESlover85 It's just bad framerate from the original versions. Blighttown is actually my favorite level in Dark Souls due to the complex level design.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Dezzy

@EvilLucario @NESlover85

It's one of my favourite areas too. I never played on X360/PS3 though, only PC so I dunno how much of the framerate issue I got. I think it was below 30fps on PC when I played it but probably not by that much.

It is quite a hard area in general though. If you enter through the main route from the Depths, there are so many places you can fall to your death. Then there are the toxic dart blowers, which will easily mess you up if you're not prepared for them.

I do love the design of the area though.

NESlover85

@Dezzy I hated the dart blower guys! All in all a very cool thematic level. I never did get to the bottom of that big tree though. I kept falling and dying.

NESlover85

@EvilLucario I have Dark Souls for Switch and PS3. On PS3 I never even made it past the Taurus demon lol. On Switch I am currently in Anor Londo. I am dreading the boss fight here as I heard it is quite difficult.

EvilLucario

@NESlover85 Don't worry about it. Ornstein and Smough is the best boss in the game. Even better than the DLC bosses which are all excellent. Difficult yes, but also very fun to fight.

Tbh after OnS, the bosses become a joke until the final boss. Plus the level design in the areas after Anor Londo mega blow, save for the New Londo Ruins which is ok. I really do not like the second half of Dark Souls because the quality just sucks compared to the extremely strong first-half.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

NESlover85

@EvilLucario That is exciting to hear O&S is a fun fight. Very disheartening to hear the game drops off afterword. One of the best games I've played in a long time if not ever so far.

Dezzy

@EvilLucario

Don't forget about the Painted World and the DLC areas. Those are all pretty cool, and usually after Anor Londo for most people.
I agree New Londo is the only good Lord Soul area though. Dukes Archives isn't that bad either. But Tomb of the Giants and Lost Izalith suck some serious ass.

Edited on by Dezzy

NESlover85

@Dezzy I really liked the painted world. Those fat hollows that caused toxic I didn't care for but the phalanx was a cool enemy. I farmed the phalanx for awhile and fear I may have over leveled.

Dezzy

@NESlover85

Painted World is probably my favourite area in the game. I love its design and the supporting lore and story concept.

Apparently it was one of the first areas they made when designing the game to demonstrate the kind of open and interconnected map layouts they were going with. So the reason it ended up being hidden inside a painting was that they'd designed it to be a self-contained area, and couldn't find any other way to make it fit into the larger world. Hence needing a quirky lore explanation for how it could exist separately.

NESlover85

@Dezzy I kind of feel bad for killing the lady at the end of the level. She didn't attack me first but I figured there has to be a boss. She was a really easy boss though.

Dezzy

@NESlover85

Lol I just attacked her without thinking on my first playthrough. Boss-looking creature in boss-arena-looking place -> attack.

NESlover85

Just tried to take on O&S for the first time. Killed Orenstein fairly quickly with Solaire's help. Solaire died shortly after. Got Smough's health down to 2 or 3 hits and I got greedy and he smooshed me under his hammer. I am still shaking from the adrenaline!

Update: I did it! Second try and I beat them!!!!

Edited on by NESlover85

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic