Forums

Topic: Dark Souls Remastered \[т]/

Posts 921 to 931 of 931

Dezzy

Krull wrote:

However, I feel that Dark Souls sometimes discourages exploration by throwing a massive difficulty spike in your face, like Havel the Rock or whatever his name is at the bottom of the round tower.

Bear in mind that the only reason you had access to him that early is because you had the Master Key, which opened the door to the stairs.
Normally, you'd have to wait until you get into the tower from the door at the bottom, which doesn't happen until later on.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

zionich

@Krull That is the game telling you that maybe you are not suppose to be here at this point. The game is designed to give you the freedom of choice while nudging you in the correct direction.

It's all perseverance but not everyone had the time, patience or dedication.

I quit my first time for one reason or another and eventually came back and finished it.

I'd say most importantly don't force yourself to play it if you are just completely not enjoying it. Take a break and maybe come back another time.

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

Deathwalka

Anybody finding it that difficult I’d recommend farming the souls in the undead burg where you get 550 free souls every time you go to a bonfire. Look on the internet how to do it or il be happy to help.
Levelling up is a big thing in the game so soul farming is a must in the game.
Also mastering your weapon is very important, the great thing with dark souls is their are many tactics to winning. Most of the bosses early in the game you can beat without even engaging in direct combat!
But just have fun, my first play through I spent 25 hours just in the undead burg! I then made another character and did everything in 5 hours, it really is repetition and trying things different.
It really is an amazing game and I only hope they release 2 and 3

Deathwalka

Rigsy

It's also worth noting that the boss soul -> estus trick is still a thing in DSR for those who don't like farming Souls.

Important to remember that souls and level ups alone won't carry you to ultimate victory though. Some may even argue that making the climb easier by farming souls softens you up at later points of the game.

Join hundreds of others in our Dark Souls Switch Discord community today!
https://discord.gg/UzEbat7

BenjShallcross

Would anybody be willing to help me this weekend on the last few bosses? Manus, Kalameet the Black Dragon and Gwyn? It's my first playthrough, been playing since release, and I've really just hit a wall (again).

BenjShallcross

Megadeth

Hi guys,
Can anyone help me? I'm broken I have 10 hours behind me (39LVL) and I just got to Havel the Rock. The problem is that he fell off the cliff ... I got the souls from him, but the Ring falls with him.
I have read a lot of information on the net and it is not possible to get him againg. The Ring is gone
Can someone sell / or give me this ring via online? Is this possible?
I tried to kill him for an hour and he just fell off the cliff and everything went away ((

Megadeth

Dezzy

@Megadeth

You're probably screwed. How on earth did he fall off a cliff? He stays inside that tower pretty much all the time.

I'd just try and make do with the Ring of Favor and Protection, which also increases max equip load, but just less so.

Edited on by Dezzy

Krull

@Megadeth I feel your pain. I did exactly the same thing. No ring for me either. Sigh. Still, there are plenty of other rings to get, weapons to upgrade and souls to grind. Hopefully it won’t come back to bite me too much.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589

Megadeth

@Dezzy I thought so too, but when I went to the stairs (in front of the tower), he followed me. It was a good opportunity to attack. Unfortunately, he fell from the cliff (There is a hole in the middle on the stairs).
Everything has gone. @Krull Yes...sad story. I will try with other rings....

Megadeth

Dezzy

@Megadeth

What hole in the middle of the stairs?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic