Forums

Topic: Dark Souls Remastered \[т]/

Posts 901 to 920 of 1,002

infofrog

Astora's Straight Sword Is super great weapon that can scale very well . Its easy to get
Rick

infofrog

Spoony_Tech

I used the fire reinforced club pretty much 75% of the game till the end. If you can find that right weapon you can make the game a bit easier.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Dezzy

Krull wrote:

However, I feel that Dark Souls sometimes discourages exploration by throwing a massive difficulty spike in your face, like Havel the Rock or whatever his name is at the bottom of the round tower.

Bear in mind that the only reason you had access to him that early is because you had the Master Key, which opened the door to the stairs.
Normally, you'd have to wait until you get into the tower from the door at the bottom, which doesn't happen until later on.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

zionich

@Krull That is the game telling you that maybe you are not suppose to be here at this point. The game is designed to give you the freedom of choice while nudging you in the correct direction.

It's all perseverance but not everyone had the time, patience or dedication.

I quit my first time for one reason or another and eventually came back and finished it.

I'd say most importantly don't force yourself to play it if you are just completely not enjoying it. Take a break and maybe come back another time.

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

Deathwalka

Anybody finding it that difficult I’d recommend farming the souls in the undead burg where you get 550 free souls every time you go to a bonfire. Look on the internet how to do it or il be happy to help.
Levelling up is a big thing in the game so soul farming is a must in the game.
Also mastering your weapon is very important, the great thing with dark souls is their are many tactics to winning. Most of the bosses early in the game you can beat without even engaging in direct combat!
But just have fun, my first play through I spent 25 hours just in the undead burg! I then made another character and did everything in 5 hours, it really is repetition and trying things different.
It really is an amazing game and I only hope they release 2 and 3

Deathwalka

Rigsy

It's also worth noting that the boss soul -> estus trick is still a thing in DSR for those who don't like farming Souls.

Important to remember that souls and level ups alone won't carry you to ultimate victory though. Some may even argue that making the climb easier by farming souls softens you up at later points of the game.

Join hundreds of others in our Dark Souls Switch Discord community today!
https://discord.gg/UzEbat7

GoldenBoy

Would anybody be willing to help me this weekend on the last few bosses? Manus, Kalameet the Black Dragon and Gwyn? It's my first playthrough, been playing since release, and I've really just hit a wall (again).

SWITCH FC: 7878-9122-1502 / Benjamin

Megadeth

Hi guys,
Can anyone help me? I'm broken I have 10 hours behind me (39LVL) and I just got to Havel the Rock. The problem is that he fell off the cliff ... I got the souls from him, but the Ring falls with him.
I have read a lot of information on the net and it is not possible to get him againg. The Ring is gone
Can someone sell / or give me this ring via online? Is this possible?
I tried to kill him for an hour and he just fell off the cliff and everything went away ((

Megadeth

Dezzy

@Megadeth

You're probably screwed. How on earth did he fall off a cliff? He stays inside that tower pretty much all the time.

I'd just try and make do with the Ring of Favor and Protection, which also increases max equip load, but just less so.

Edited on by Dezzy

Krull

@Megadeth I feel your pain. I did exactly the same thing. No ring for me either. Sigh. Still, there are plenty of other rings to get, weapons to upgrade and souls to grind. Hopefully it won’t come back to bite me too much.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

Megadeth

@Dezzy I thought so too, but when I went to the stairs (in front of the tower), he followed me. It was a good opportunity to attack. Unfortunately, he fell from the cliff (There is a hole in the middle on the stairs).
Everything has gone. @Krull Yes...sad story. I will try with other rings....

Megadeth

Dezzy

@Megadeth

What hole in the middle of the stairs?

JoyBoy

Before I delve into what could be called a “Dark Souls Diary Nobody Asked For”, I would like to take a moment to explain my short history with the Souls series.
Last year January I bought a PS4 because the new Monster Hunter, one of my favorite series, skipped the Switch. I never buy a system just for 1 game, (I would for you BOTW!)so there were a couple of other games I was intrigued by. One of them was Dark Souls 3. Bought the game on sale with all the DLC, played it, was never so afraid playing a game in my life and loved every second of it. The game really drew me in with a beautiful and scary world which I loved exploring and it kept making me wonder what was behind that corner and down those creepy halls...it was intense. Encountering foes that could chop off my head clean forced me to commit and the feeling of confrontation felt real, something I had to overcome as silly as it sounds. It doesn’t help that my imagination is rich and not only in the good stuff but also in the dark(no pun intended). It almost felt therapeutic at times, accepting this inner fear for the unknown and confronting it and mastering it. That’s how this game felt to me. I see I’m already rambling on too long so long story short; this was my favorite game last year.

So here I am now, risen from my slumber to accept a new journey into the unknown. Oh boy, I’m excited!

Day 1:
I never played dark souls but I did watch a bit from the beginning of the game up until the Taurus boss on that high wall. So it started quite familiar but we all know that you playing yourself is never the same.

I beat the Asylum Demon boss on my first try though it was close. I gotta say; the Knight is very clunky, those rolls are amazing... For now I’ll stick with it; I always like starting with more traditional characters. I also decided to try and master the “parry”, so rolling wouldn’t be as much of an issue, though I guess I’ll see how long that works out seeing that bosses might force me to slim down.

I gotta say, overall, it’s a great intro/tutorial, way better than DS3 ; it teaches you step by step why you need what you pick up and how to use it, that you have to be careful and keep watching your surroundings, and that you don’t always have to fight and sometimes running away is the better strategy. Apart from that, there is a nice atmosphere and the tone has been set.
I arrived at Firelink shrine and there is already a depressing cynic waiting to talk me down... Welcome to Dark souls I guess.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Varkster

@Spanjard As someone who 100% all Souls games including some even multiple times, I gotta say DS3 greatly disappointed me. To me it was by far the worst in the series, it heavily relied on "wow remember THIS from the previous game?!" instead of building something more interesting on its own.

The dungeons in the game felt boring and far too "samey" which put it lower to me than DS1, DS2 and ESPECIALLY Bloodborne. If you have a PS4 and you haven't picked Bloodborne up yet, you should. It's probably the best PS4 game in my opinion so much so that I didn't play my PS4 after completing it and recently selling the console.

Edited on by Varkster

Varkster

JoyBoy

@Varkster I can totally see that, but you have to remember for me there was no “previous” game. Everything introduced was totally new and unexpected. I did play Bloodborne and yes I loved it. I remember thinking, ‘if I would have played Bloodborne first I would not have liked DS3 as much’ which sounds so stupid to say because that would probably apply to most series, even Zelda which I love and only BOTW shook the box to the degree that it totally surprised me. But I still love it; it’s my first game in the series and at the same time I can conclude Bloodborne is the better game overall.

Edited on by JoyBoy

SW-7849-9887-2074

JoyBoy

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Thanks, as long as someone bothers to read them I will keep posting them.

I actually look forward to being able to rank them when I’ve played them all. So far the first DS is showing great promise! Concerning Gherman, I never did that, so it seems I still have something to look forward to. I also never played its DLC which I’ve heard is pretty great. I agree about the weapon variety though, the more weapons the more playthroughs I say.

SW-7849-9887-2074

JoyBoy

Day 2:

I’ve just been exploring around the Shrine for a bit; I love exploring, taking my time and figuring out the area. Found some treasure and a fat guy who teaches miracles, hmm no thanks.
Even though I’ve seen bits and pieces from a playthrough, there were still things for me to find. Like the Fire Keeper for example, she was just there, very nearby, down near a cliff. She is not very talkative... and she is behind bars... what’s up with that? Anyways, I decided to follow this road going down. It ended up in a dark environment; dark enough for me to realize this is probably not the best place to be right now. But I wanted to explore for a bit, see what’s up and all; you never know if you’ll find something good. Well, apart from the sunburnt hollows I found one lonely guy in a similar place as the fire keeper, also behind bars... I guess the bars are more meant for THEM to be safe than the other way around. Continued, found some items and a ghost(yikes!) aaand it was time to leave this place.

Back upstairs the guy told me I’m not special and need to ring 2 Bells. Well. Sure. If you put it that way. Off I went, NOT to the skeletons this time, into a place called the Undead Burg. Seriously, these guys were waiting for me, like mr. Cynic said, I’m not the first one to try this. Enemies are pretty weak still, they do love to throw bombs and me clunky knight doesn’t like that very much. I’m climbing this settlement, it feels quite epic, heard a huge bang as if a medieval bomb went off; I think I just missed a dragon... This place is not too bad, this game is kind to me[looking at you DS3], found a bonfire. Yay! I’m not entirely sure how the “humanity” concept works yet. But I have more flasks now which is a good thing.

Edited on by JoyBoy

SW-7849-9887-2074

rallydefault

@Spanjard
Thanks! These are encouraging me to try and pick the game back up.

I bought it when it came out, enjoyed it somewhat, but it never hooked me. I'm a big action/adventure gamer, but if the RPG elements are too heavy or the controls are stiff, I get turned off. I did pick a less "clunky" character (rogue? thief? I don't even remember, but I use two quicker weapons) to try and alleviate this, and had a decent amount of fun through the parts you've described so far, but I stalled out shortly after. I did beat that first boss on the ramparts (the Taurus boss?), and I remember finally finding my way off the battlements and going deeper into this jungle-type place, but I wasn't really finding anything and just bailed.

rallydefault

JoyBoy

Day 3:

The day I died

So I found out I can’t travel/warp between bonfires... not sure how I feel about that yet. Decided to go back a little and explore for a bit. Found new paths with treasure and a salesman with his imaginary friend... I like this guy, he’s quite the character. I continued on. Dealt with some ambushes I already knew of and just kept going and killing every every enemy I came across TILL I saw an elvish looking knight... I remember this guy from DS3 and I don’t think I can handle him. I’m quite proud for not dying once yet so let’s be wise and come back later. Climbing up the stairs I barely dodged a flaming barrel, I forgot about about that one. So I entered this big round looking tower which had a stairs going up to the Taurus boss, but it also had a locked door behind which there was also a stairs going down... I don’t like going down, nasty things lurk there.
So here’s the thing; I remember from skimming through this thread, that you could take with you a key that would let you open doors you are not “supposed” to enter yet. Which is fine, I guess, I’ll just take a little “peek”. Going slowly down the long stairs, being very sneaky and building up unnecessary tension I ended up seeing this guy downstairs in huge armor with a grand weapon in his hand. 2 thoughts entered my mind in a split second; ‘Hey! I know this guy from DS3!’ and ‘This guy is way too tough, time to get out of here.’ The moment I decided to walk back he himself climbs UP the stairs forcing me to run just to be sure.
‘Why am I so slow!?’ (I never really had to run until now) and ‘how long are these stairs again!?’ were my thoughts as I was hearing HIS fast sounding footsteps come closer and closer. So I look back while running and he is so CLOSE he could almost touch me with that big club of his. Genuinely surprised I let out a scream, ran into a wall next to the door(I was so close!) and SMACK, one hit was all it took. I just laughed after this for a good while; that was great.

After all this I went back up but died in the process. Some of those bomb throwing suckers, who I ignored this time around, decided to leave their platform, climb downstairs and follow me, which resulted in one big mess of bombs and knifes and me dying. Tried to fight the elf dude because why not and died again. No more games, time to fight the Taurus.
Going through the white fog I enter a beautiful set piece; a high narrow wall with a great view where I will fight the Taurus.
Oh, I feel such a cheat; I knew what going to happen and knew about the possibility of a “plunge attack” and took full advantage of it. There is still quite a decent chunk of his health left though. I’m doing good damage; I’ve only been lvling my health, stamina and strength up until now. That seemed to work great in both DS3 and Bloodborne. Oh those slow rolls lol, I really have to commit, luckily he is not that fast either. He almost did it though, almost got me and I nearly fell of the wall. Just a few more hits in and he was no more. Nice first fight, not too bad but still dangerous. the music is better I think in DS3 but it’s serviceable. This is as far as I’ve ever seen on a playthrough, just one more door and all is new, which is very exciting indeed!
And there he is, the Legend I always kept hearing about, enjoying the sun, the one and only Solaire. He gave me a Soapstone, I like him. It’s easy to make friends in this world where everyone else is insane. Great view, very peaceful, it’s a good place to end it.

SW-7849-9887-2074

JoyBoy

@rallydefault Np! If you playing the game is an unintended consequence of me writing about it I’ll happily continue. I’m enjoying it very much at the moment. About the rpg elements, I would keep it simple if I were you, for example; you definitely need health and stamina the third one would be Strength or Dexterity in your case maybe? Because you see, weapons scale in these games. So if you have a weapon that scales with dex for example, you really want to lvl your dexterity because that’s a bonus you don’t want to miss out on. And when you upgrade these weapons the scaling will go from C - B for example or later from B - A. So it will all just multiply like crazy and make you very effective.
But I’m not as knowledgeable as some are here probably so if anyone can correct me or has something to add, gladly.

SW-7849-9887-2074

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic