Forums

Topic: Dark Souls Remastered \[т]/

Posts 881 to 900 of 1,002

Spoony_Tech

@MERG There's one very near the bottom. Hug the wall and go right.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

@linq If You're really struggling I would summon. Don't let yourself get so frustrated that you want to quit. I only summoned twice the whole game. Once I didn't even realize it and the second I did on purpose.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

MERG

So I made it to the ground in Blighttown...and now it seems that much harder!!

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

Spoony_Tech

@MERG Well at least you got yourself a game that will last you till June. 😛

MERG said:

MERG

@Spoony_Tech hahahahahaha. At this rate, it will!

Dezzy

@MERG

Never assume to know where "the ground" is in Dark Souls 1.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

MERG

@Dezzy hahahaha...yeah, never make assumptions. I was just referring to the area after all those dang walkways!

ViewtifulJohtun

After 90+ hours I finally finished this game last night. Loved it and looking forward to another play through, maybe as a sorcerer next time, but not for a few months at least.

ViewtifulJohtun

Deathwalka

Pls can anyone help! I need a dark souls expert! Lol
So basically I made a new character as I accidentally killed the blacksmith Andre as he kept chasing me, little did I know I could have paid the guy off to deaggro him! Lol
Basically I’m looking for Lautrec as I never let him out the cell yet he is not at the fire link shrine! I’ve only rung one bell and have not yet gone to Blighttown So can anyone tell me where this guy is!

Deathwalka

Deathwalka

@zionich no he wasn’t there where he was supposed to be so I kept closing and opening the game and on the 3rd attempt he appeared?? Must be a glitch but thanks for the input all the same, I just killed him for the ring lol

Deathwalka

zionich

@Deathwalka Its a good ring!

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

Deathwalka

@zionich defo I’m 5vhours into the game now and I got that ring and the evil eye with the green shield to boost my endurance recovery and a raw long sword plus 5, also got a good little armour setup and I’m actually owning everyone so far

Deathwalka

zionich

@Deathwalka Very nice.

Krull

As I suspected before I started, I am finding that I suck at Dark Souls. I'm taking it painfully slowly, and am still in the Undead Burg - not got to the infamous gargoyles yet, but I believe I'm about to find the blacksmith. I completely missed the merchant until I consulted an FAQ, and now am spending more time poking into every corner, which means I keep disturbing giant knights, including some guy with a massive club at the bottom of the bridge tower who OHKOs me every time. Urk.

Great game, though - thoroughly enjoying it.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

Dezzy

Krull wrote:

including some guy with a massive club at the bottom of the bridge tower who OHKOs me every time. Urk.

Try fighting him with no armor on at all. His attack is strong enough to 1-shot you for the most of the first quarter of the game so you're better off taking the armor off so you can move quicker and dodge his attacks.

He has a very valuable ring that you'll want to get from him.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Krull

@linq @Dezzy Thanks for the encouragement, you two!

I hate myself for doing it, but I've done a bit of digging around in FAQs, and so discovered the Drake sword and got a bit more guidance on what I'm doing. It's maddening that things to make the game easier for complete noobs, like me, are the kinds of things that complete noobs are unlikely to ever find. I mean... Who thinks to stand on a bridge firing 20 arrows at a glimpse of a dragon's tail?

I intend to do as much as I can without FAQs, but we'll see. It's a game I can't wait to get back to playing on the train home from work each day, though.

zionich

@Krull I would say it depends the person. A person that leaves no stone unturned might find them.

Another strategy I was listening to is not worry so much about souls at first. Any items you collect while exploring, you keep. Then grind out some souls.

Krull

@zionich You are right, of course. And that would usually be me - I am pretty painstaking when it comes to RPGs. However, I feel that Dark Souls sometimes discourages exploration by throwing a massive difficulty spike in your face, like Havel the Rock or whatever his name is at the bottom of the round tower. I’m never sure if I’m supposed to take the tough guys on now, or wait until later in the game when I’m more powerful. It’s great that the developers leave it up to the player, but it’s an aspect of game design that I’m not used to - yet. I’m not criticising it, but I am still only just getting my head around it.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic