Forums

Topic: Dark Souls Remastered \[т]/

Posts 861 to 880 of 1,002

Dezzy

@Spoony_Tech

I definitely don't think it would be half way. You still necessarily have Sens Fortress, Anor Londo, Painted World, Dukes Archives, Crystal cave, Oolacile, Demon Ruins, Lost Izalith. And most people won't have done all of the Catacombs, New Londo and Tomb of the Giants before doing Blighttown, even though you can.

Ash Lake was accessed through another area called the Great Hollow, which is behind an illusory wall in Blighttown. At the other end of the swamp from the place where you fight Quelaag. You run part way up a kind of tree branch which takes you to a single chest. It looks so much like a dead-end but the wall behind the chest is illusory.

Great Hollow and Ash Lake are very cool areas. They're quite difficult and also contain some interesting enemies/characters like the only other Hydra (from darkroot basin early on), the only surviving dragon, and the final location of Siegmeyer and Sieglinde's quests. You find them down there if you complete both their questlines.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Spoony_Tech

@Dezzy I forgot abput them. Last I remember I sent the one looking for the other. Wish I could go back but no way I'm playing this game again for a long time just to see those 2 areas. My end game time said 108 hours but I know a good deal of that was sitting idle. Maybe even 15% to 20%. It will give me something to look forward to when next I play.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Bevinator

This game has my highest death per unit of time ratio of any game I’ve played this gen. still having fun though.

they say that life’s a carousel, spinning fast you’ve got to ride it well. The world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It’s heaven and hell.

My Nintendo: Bevinator

Bevinator

I’m trying my best to avoid guides as well lol @linq

they say that life’s a carousel, spinning fast you’ve got to ride it well. The world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It’s heaven and hell.

My Nintendo: Bevinator

Spoony_Tech

I thought Hollow Knight was bad as I probably died a total of 100 to 150 times there. I wish this game told me my death count because I can't even imagine how many times I died.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

MERG

Blight Town...if I fall off one more boardwalk/bridge I think I am going to lose it.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

Spoony_Tech

@MERG I hated that area for that very reason. Once you get to the ground it gets better but you better be prepared to get poisoned. Max out your poison resistance.

MERG said:

MERG

@Spoony_Tech Thanks for the heads up. Is the ground far down? I barely get past the second ogre before plunging to my doom!

Spoony_Tech

@MERG Um yes it is unfortunately. It's a long ways down.

MERG said:

BrainOfGrimlock

Ah Blight town... Fun for the whole family! Posted this many (many) pages back when some people were first arriving there, may (or may not) be helpful;

BrainOfGrimlock wrote:

Obviously already thrown a few tips about Blighttown and whilst there are a million more I could offer, i’ll save ruining the experience (again you can find guides everywhere if it drives you crazy) aside from these quick/easy general tips;

1.) Listen. Sound is massively under appreciated. The layout in Blight-o is... Let’s say unique? Listening for sounds/direction of them can make a huge difference.

2.) Take it slow. It’s easy to panic & become overwhelmed first time out. The whole environment is pretty tense and almost forces you to rush through - take a second to catch a breath when you can, reset, and carry on at your own pace - there’s no rush.

3.) One enemy type has a super frustrating ‘grab-attack’. I consider telling you this to be a bit spoiler-y but it’s one of the few parts of the game I consider to be really cheap; make sure to keep a reasonable distance during wind-up and watch/observe them first time out - it’s got a pretty obvious tell and was much easier to avoid when not fighting the 360-15fps combo!

4.) If you’re a dex build, there’s a pretty good sword here you can pick up - don’t be afraid to get naked!

5.) Certain enemies (thankfully!) don’t respawn after bonfires. You’ll know which ones and be ever so thankful.

6.) Bonfire before loot. Kinda standard but big importance here! Also be wary near the bonfire as it may not be as safe as you’d think/like.

Good luck (and to everyone else playing)!

BrainOfGrimlock

MERG

@BrainOfGrimlock Thanks for posting that. @spoony_tech I finally made it to the first bonfire. What a pain in the butt this place is!!

Spoony_Tech

@MERG At least the ranged attackers don't come back once defeated. Just imagine how hard it would be if they did come back.

I also didn't like the sense of height in that place. Always made me feel uneasy walking on narrow boards.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

MERG

@Spoony_Tech Totally agree...and when the walkways starting moving when you're on them? I'll be happy to get out of here.

Spoony_Tech

@MERG At least no other place in the game quite made me feel that way again so get out of there as fast as possible lol

MERG said:

zionich

@MERG @Spoony_Tech I still say this is the best description of BlightTown now that you all have finished it.

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

MERG

@zionich FYI...I am not through Blight Town. I am still on my way down.

zionich

@MERG Sorry might have read through the last couple of post a bit too fast. There isn't any spoiler or very minimal. Just a great in depth analysis.

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

BrainOfGrimlock

It is a miserable, depressing, oppressive festering brown toilet cloud of an area, which is largely what makes it fantastic/so memorable (great video above)?!

Not trying to start a weeing contest/saying you’ve got it easy (at all) but the one small crumb of comfort is to be thankful you’re not trying to see/take-out those ranged ****’s whilst playing with blurry/muddy 360 textures chugging at 15-20fps! It’s still a pain now but holy heck is it better than it was!

BrainOfGrimlock

MERG

@zionich No worries...the video was good. I finally made it to the floor, got stuck, jumped out and was promptly attacked and killed. I need to find a bonfire on the floor area.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic