Forums

Topic: Dark Souls Remastered \[т]/

Posts 841 to 860 of 1,002

Rutta

Wow thanks for sharing that video and the lore seems very cool for this game. I love it’s theme and settings.

Haven’t played much lately but I’m fighting the witch near Blight town.

What’s the chances of souls 2 and 3 coming to the switch?

Rutta

EvilLucario

@Rutta DS2 has a chance since it was on last-generation hardware. DS3 is unlikely, given that I hear it drops below 30fps on a PS4 Pro, so doing a release like OG DS1 where framerate can hit single digits will not fly in today's world anymore.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Dezzy

@Spoony_Tech

Did you do the DLC in the end? You didn't mention it. You should do that before finishing it!

Rutta wrote:

What’s the chances of souls 2 and 3 coming to the switch?

I would guess almost zero. DS3 wouldn't run without extreme optimisation. DS2 is the least popular in the series and is already available on every other platform (meaning it would get less attention as it would only be a new product for 1 console).
Far more likely in my opinion is that they'll remaster Demons Souls at some point soon. That isn't available on modern consoles, a lot of people have never played it, and it's generally regarded as a very good game.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Spoony_Tech

@Dezzy Is the dlc have to do with the lake?

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Dezzy

@Spoony_Tech

The DLC is accessed through a portal in the cave at the end of the lake area where you fought the first Hydra.
You need an item from the entrance of the Duke's Archives in order to activate the portal. If you've done the Duke's Archives, you probably have the item (no idea why they decided to make a paid DLC so hard to find in the game)
The DLC should absolutely be played as part of the main game though because it links up very well in terms of the lore and its setting. It also has the best 2 bosses in the game in my opinion.

Edited on by Dezzy

EvilLucario

Yeah Manus and Artorias are really awesome. Kalameet is also a great fight.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Dezzy

@EvilLucario

Lol I meant Artorias and Kalameet.

Don't care for Manus especially. It's a good boss in terms of the mechanics but I really need my bosses to have a sense of character and the fight to take place in a cool setting. Manus is generic demon thing set in meaningless dark place.

I think everyone pretty much agrees Artorias is the best though. He is one of the most perfect boss fights in any video game in my opinion.

EvilLucario

@linq I wouldn't necessarily hold your breath. DS3 has a snowball's chance in hell coming to Switch since it struggles even on the enhanced consoles. DS2 has a better shot though, but I still won't count on it.

So yeah, you're better off just upgrading your PC so you can play at a consistent 60fps.

bixente

Easy job for Panic Button

Friend code

SW-0378-6005-8904

Spoony_Tech

Beat the dlc so there is literally nothing left for me to do but beat the game.

I must confess I summoned twice to get where I am now. Once on the dlc final boss and the other was actually an accident on the 2 you had to fight at the same time that became one the second you beat one.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

MERG

@Spoony_Tech Good for you Tech! I am at the Gaping Dragon...where I have died twice so far.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

Spoony_Tech

@MERG I feel like that was so long ago. Glad you're making progress though.

MERG said:

MERG

I wish I was further but I haven't had a lot of play time recently.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

Spoony_Tech

Dark souls.....Fin!! Great game and will definitely keep for a future play through!

MERG said:

Dezzy

@Spoony_Tech

Did you ever find Ash Lake?

Rutta

Must give off a great sense of satisfaction beating this game so well done.

After beating the witch at Blighttown and ringing the 2nd bell. How far through do you think that is guys?

Hoping to beat this before Xmas but doubt it lol

Rutta

Dezzy

@Rutta

You need to provide more information before someone could answer that properly. Because it's such a non-linear game, there are a lot of areas you may or may not have done before blight town, which will obviously affect how far through the total length of the game you are.

In general for the typical playthrough, you're probably about 1/4 of the way through the game (including the DLC).
Yes, it's a lonnngggg game.

EvilLucario

I wouldn't say it's THAT long, it's only around 30 hours on your first playthrough bare minimum without guides. But as an action RPG it certainly has a long shelf-life, and there's also NG+ and so many weapons to use that increase replayability.

Spoony_Tech

@Dezzy I felt that was close to the half way point for me since like you said I had done a lot of other areas I wasn't suppose to be at.

I also did not find Ash Lake. Where was it? I wish I could go back. Weird how they start you over again with no chance to go back. Thanks for tell me to do the dlc first. I think that was you. Might have been @EvilLucario.

MERG said:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic