Forums

Topic: Dark Souls Remastered \[т]/

Posts 401 to 420 of 1,002

MERG

@Spoony_Tech Everything is going well...turning 50 this Saturday, getting in shape and training for my first (and possibly only) marathon. Hope all is well in your life.

I can't get past Undead Burg at this point (died A LOT!) but I am going back and getting things I missed. It's frustrating but fun.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

TuVictus

I feel so foolish reading these replies, lol. As a Bloodborne and DS3 veteran, I thought I'd be able to get through DS1 without need for help, but of course here I am wondering why these damn skeletons are so difficult as the first thing in the game and I find out it's not even where I'm supposed to be yet

I kinda missed that feeling, though. The beginning is always the most difficult part of the soulsborne games for me, but once I get past that initial hump things begin falling into place.

TuVictus

Dezzy

@PikPi

Yep that's cos DS1 is way more open-ended than either of those 2. Those games usually have a maximum of 2 routes you can go down at any given point. DS1 usually has about 3 to 5 options at any given point.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Spoony_Tech

@MERG That's awesome! Wish you luck on the marathon! Everything is going well for me too. Kids growing up and 2 in hockey has kept me busy.

@PikPi Well I feel vindicated so to speak lol as this is my first game of this type. I dont want to see another skeleton for quite a while. One is bad enough but 2? I was trying to narrow them by going back up the steps and sometimes that would work but then I would get careless. I got to the point where I could beat them then went further and going down was a big no and going further into the graveyard just gave me too many of them to fight at once. I'm in a much safer point in the game now.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

JoyBoy

I would love to play this game soon, it seems right up my alley. But I already have too many games that i’m enjoying at the moment. The audio compression is annoying me and I’m using it as an excuse just to finish other games first, because I know I would still enjoy the game nonetheless.

Edited on by JoyBoy

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

zionich

I feel like a chump summoning for the Gargoyle fight. Ah well.

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

Spoony_Tech

I just beat the Taurus Demon and boy that felt good! No way after 3 deaths I was fighting that thing again on that narrow bridge, at least narrow for the demon. I ran back to the tower and fought it up there. Cool thing was he exposed his back to me when he finally jumped up all the way. I admittedly did this 2 more times to get in those cheap shots lol. Plus it gave me time to heal.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Sadist

Taurus demon is suprisingly easy. You go up the tower and jump down when he’s beneath you and use the falling attack to hurt him. Repeat four times and he’s dead. You can push him off the bridge too.

Btw pyromancer is great. Killed the towerknight with three fireball blasts. Feels good, man.

Sadist

GeeEmm

Just beat Gaping Dragon. Died as soon as I entered Blightown, some bugger smacked me right off the ramparts.
Might pay the towerknight a visit now.

Edited on by GeeEmm

GeeEmm

Dezzy

Gaping Dragon has to be the biggest anti-climax boss in the whole series. Looks incredible. Boring and easy fight.

Don't forget to cut off his tail though. One of the strongest weapons in the game.

GeeEmm

Damn, didnt cut his tail off. Yeah he was easy...he grabbed me a couple times though. lol

GeeEmm

Dezzy

@GeeEmm

Most bosses with a tail in this game can have them cut off.

It's a cool little feature that they completely abandoned for the rest of the series.

GeeEmm

Ahh ok. Well I cut the Gargoyles tail off which was pretty funny, but didnt even think about this guys tail. Stayed away from it as a couple of deaths came from it whipping me.

GeeEmm

Dezzy

You wait til you get to Oolacile and fight Kalameet. His tail is like an hour-long challenge to cut off because he almost never lets you hit it.

NEStalgia

So I had a frustrating run. I started up the steps, got to Undead Berg. It spent forever carefully getting there and took no damage. I couldn't find a bonfire anywhere. And then a darned soldier is hiding behind a wall takes me out and I lose all that progress That's the one thing I really like about 3 over 1. A lot more bonfires so you feel more ready to keep trying challenges rather than just repeating the past half hour endlessly.

NEStalgia

EvilLucario

@NEStalgia There should be a bonfire in the Undead Burg. Right before the bridge where other soldiers are throwing firebombs at you, there's a room that leads to a bonfire. After that though, you ain't getting a bonfire until you beat the boss of the area.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

NEStalgia

@EvilLucario Hmm, I was probably right near it then. I was probably near the entrance of Burg though, so I'm not sure. I was searching for one but they can be hard to locate. Especially handheld. I'd be so mad if I was right there. It feels like I should have been, that was a long trip there. Not sure how I feel about not getting another until the boss though.

I'm definitely favoring DS3 purely due to bonfire placement. On paper I should like Bloodborne, but I still feel it's just a worse Dark Souls, even if I suck at all of them. DS at least motivates me to try. Bloodborne bores me to death. I don't mind a hard game, but I like one that respects my time without making me redo too many things I already did successfully. I think 3 got that balance better. Getting to that checkpoint is what motivates me to push a little further. Falling back makes me think "eh..maybe I should play something else where I won't lose my progress."

Edit: How far is the bonfire after the cutscene where the dragon smashes into the bridge? I was right past there.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

zionich

@NEStalgia They did the more bonfires in DS 3 and I would argue it took more away from the game.

Some bonfires are hidden as well in other parts of the game.

The bonfire is down the stairs from the bridge the dragon is on.

Edited on by zionich

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

NEStalgia

@zionich Hmm, I wonder if I ended up just missing it and going past it then? Ugh!

I don't see where more spots to respawn essentially take away from the game. Especially when it comes to "hard for the sake of hard" games, I'm certain you're not alone in that opinion, but I don't really get it, myself. It's the same game, the same challenges with more or less respawn points. The only difference is how many padded hours the game forces you to sit through repeating the same exact path over and over. If I've already cleared from point A to B perfectly a dozen times, but keep dying between point B to C, having to continuously redo point A to B just to keep trying the challenge of point C doesn't make a game more interesting or challenging, it just makes it waste more time than it ought to, and eventually demotivate you from trying to complete the challenge. (except for people like yourself who want to have to redo it.) That's probably my biggest pet peeve with most of the "hard to be hard" games like Souls, Hollow Knight, Mega Man. It's not the difficulty, I kind of enjoy the loop of trying to get it right. It's having to keep redoing things I already did right endlessly just to retry the thing I didn't. I quit playing Hollow Knight at the first boss. Not because I didn't want to keep retrying the boss, but because it made me make my way to the boss over and over. By the third time I find myself just racing through that part and getting killed at the first 3 enemies because I don't actually want to be spending time doing that at all and just want to rush past it. DS makes you redo even longer areas, though they feel less frustrating to redo for some reason, so it's less time-waster feeling, but that's the part that gets old in all of them. So I really appreciated 3 adding more bonfires. It let's me keep trying the challenges without just wasting my time as though I have tons of time to waste on the same thing.

I get that the idea is "surviving the whole thing is what makes it challenging" but it really isn't. If you can get from A to B fine. If you can do it 3 times, 5 times, etc. that's not adding challenge, it's just a time waster like Candy Crush.

NEStalgia

Spoony_Tech

@NEStalgia I'm in the same area as you right now and the bonfire is exactly where it has been described above. What I didnt know however is this bonfire is used twice to basically give you a short cut. The only reason I even know this was because when I revived at it once I saw someone run up the wall. I was like wait what, sure enough there was a ladder up there I had not seen before but need to be knocked down for the short cut. This game is brutal and I mean just in finding other ways around. I keep missing them.

MERG said:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic