Forums

Topic: Dark Souls Remastered \[т]/

Posts 381 to 400 of 1,002

EvilLucario

I keep hearing how the Capra Demon gives people trouble, and while I can see why due to the dogs and the cramped arena, I still never found it that big of a deal. Run towards the dogs immediately, take them out, then heal up after dodging the Capra Demon's attacks.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

BrainOfGrimlock

@EvilLucario your strategy (run towards the dogs, take them out immediately) is sound but didn’t/wouldn’t work for me (& is often the crux when people are struggling) because I physically couldn’t do that - 2 dogs at 5-6 hits per dog meant there just wasn’t enough time (or anywhere near enough stamina) for me, meant trying to fight off all 3 gits in that shoebox of an area.

A lot of people focus on a strength (or at least dex) build first time out which ‘trivialises’ (as much as anything in DS can be trivial) the dogs a little - I one-shotted the dogs & laughed at the Capra on my playthrough this year; my very first run back in the day as an intelligence build though was painful - beat me maybe 10 times before I went and ground out five levels and a new weapon before wiping the floor with him. He was easily my second toughest boss first time through, hasn’t killed me since though, a great advert for the ‘analyse, adapt, overcome’ approach the game encourages!

BrainOfGrimlock

Dezzy

The awesome trick with the Capra Demon is that you can throw firebombs over the wall before you've even entered the boss fight. You can easily kill 1 of the dogs doing that. Makes it so much easier.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

BrainOfGrimlock

@Dezzy ha, there was more chance of me falling down a hole and finding ‘Gwynn’s golden sword of awesomeness and amazement’ than figuring that out on my first playthrough!

Thing that amazed me most this year was just how fast I got through the game. Must have been 40 hours deep before I finally got through a certain trap-laden fortress back in the day, breezed through like it was a sightseeing tour in significantly less than 10. Admittedly got lots of playthroughs down now, but I also think having played Bloodborne to death has helped immeasurably too - DS feels a lot slower which almost has a ‘bullet time’ effect in some situations (and admittedly doesn’t help at all with a few others). Died more from falling - it’s amazing how much you learn from playing/adapting.

BrainOfGrimlock

Dezzy

Lol Elon Musk is a Dark Souls player:

GeeEmm

Game looks and plays great to me, but im no expert so what do I know. Im just enjoying the game.

GeeEmm

JaxonH

Just played the game for a few hours and got up to the 5th bonfire, I think. The one past the game hub bonfire. It's just now starting to get kind of difficult.

And all my gosh, I am so totally loving this game. My brother convinced me to get into it because he loves Dark Souls like I love Monster Hunter. And since I got him into MH with MH World, and now we're playing the livin heck out of Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate together, I had to make good on my promise that I would play through this game. I'm still holding off until I'm done with MHGU before I really dive in, but at least now I'm a little ways into the game and have gotten the mechanics down a little bit and know what I'm doing, and most importantly I've experienced how fun and addictive it is so that I have some serious incentive to come right back as soon as I'm finished playing MHGU (although... that could be a while still).

Got a bow. 200 arrows. Got Dexterity up a point to wield it. Got 2 points in Health and 5 in stamina as well. Took off my gloves and swapped helmets for a Hollow Helmet I found that weighs half as much, so I'm at 0.1 weight under the 50% limit, and can thus do a mid-roll. Ha!

Game looks great, runs great, sounds great (was using the Arctis 3 headset with Bluetooth, and I like how the voices can sound like they're almost whispering in your ear). It's hard, but it's addictive. This will be my next game after MHGU.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Dezzy

Yeah that's something that should be pointed out for new players actually, cos it's never explained in the game.

Your rolling speed is determined by your current weight. If you're below 50% of the total, your roll speeds up. If you get below 25% of the total, it speeds up even more.

So the tradeoff is between how thick your armor is and how fast you can roll. The armor with the highest defense is also the heaviest, so you can't roll. So most melee type builds tend to opt for a mid-level armor so that they can get below that 50% mark.

JaxonH wrote:

Just played the game for a few hours and got up to the 5th bonfire, I think. The one past the game hub bonfire. It's just now starting to get kind of difficult.

"5th bonfire" is probably not a good description in a game where there are always multiple paths. I can guess which one is probably the 5th but it's not certain. You might have gone a different route.

Edited on by Dezzy

Bart_T

@JaxonH Ah, to play DS again for the first time. I wish I could erase the game from my memory so that the first playthrough felt fresh again. No matter, though. I'm quite happy recreating my first playthrough from so long ago again.

Medium armor (beeline straight to the Elite Knight set), Halberd, Grass Crest shield. I'll nab the Iaito and Eagle Shield once I get to Blight Town. Bump my faith up so I can make like Zeus. Sunbro for life.

Praise that sun, man.

Bart_T

Quarth

Just beat the Taurus Demon, ran past a huge dragon and smoked an armor-clad pig. I’m slowly getting into the groove of this game!

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

Spoony_Tech

I'm not, I'm getting my butt kick in the early parts of the game. Skeletons and ghosts keep killing me. Should I be just running past them?

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

BrainOfGrimlock

@Spoony_Tech If you’re fighting skeletons and ghosts that early then go back and try a different direction - the graveyard is not much fun for early players. Explore around firelink a bit more for sure to get your bearings/see what’s around/learn a bit about it, but as a general rule you want to be heading ‘up’ for this early part of the game, listening for/heading towards the bell that will ring every so often (it rings in your game when a player on your server rings it).

Let us know if that’s too cryptic and I/we can be more explicit (that or there are thousands of guides/videos online).

Edited on by BrainOfGrimlock

BrainOfGrimlock

Spoony_Tech

@BrainOfGrimlock I really need to look around some more then as I thought those were the only 2 directions to go. Thanks for the info!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Dezzy

@Spoony_Tech

The different ways you can go from the beginning are:

1)Into the cemetry with the skeletons
2)Up the stairs into the Undead Burg
3)Down the spiral stairs and down the elevator into New Londo.
4) (if you got the Master Key) From new Londo go straight to the right and out the gate into Blighttown.
5) (if you got the Master Key) From new Londo go straight to the right and then go down into the Valley of Drakes.

You're "supposed" to do #2 first. Most of the others will kill you quite quickly if you've just started the game.
The dude sitting at the Firelink Shrine does tell you the first bell is up above, so it's not just complete trial and error.

Edited on by Dezzy

GeeEmm

I went into the graveyard first up....big mistake. Im taking it nice and slow, opening up any shortcuts I come across. Need to go to the Depths now, but might finish off the Bell Gargoyles first, nearly got them on my first try. Loving my +5 Battle Axe!

Edited on by GeeEmm

GeeEmm

Spoony_Tech

@Dezzy Thanks! I did find which way I was suppose to go. I was missing the opening going up and kept walking right past it and didnt notice it like 3 times before. Because of my instances on going the other ways though I am leveled up more then I propably should be right now. I'm level 11 lol.

MERG said:

MERG

@Spoony_Tech How are you doing with this game? It is kicking my @$$!

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

Spoony_Tech

@MERG Much better now thanks to the advice from other telling me I was going the harder ways. I feel like I'm making progress again. Yesterday afternoon I was not enjoying the game nearly as much.

Always good to hear from you old friend, hope everything is going well?

MERG said:

NEStalgia

Hah, yeah, I ran into the skeletons as soon as I got out of the asylum and started exploring.

I have to admit, I took a break and played some DS3 on another platform as a reprieve DS3's cleaned up combat does make it harder to come back to 1 once you play some. At least it's not DS2.....that thing's just miserable.

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic