Forums

Topic: Dark Souls Remastered \[т]/

Posts 341 to 360 of 376

OorWullie

@javman05 You need to stab the hog in the one place it doesn't have armour, its ass. Coax the soldiers towards the narrow hall, take them out and then move close enough to the hog so that it starts its charge. Then move back into the previous room,stand to the side and the hig will come charging through. You should now be able to see its exposed part so proceed to stab it where it hurts. Once it's taken out you don't need to worry about it again. After you die and restart it's just the soldiers and archers in that room.

I was really struggling with it on my first session but last night something clicked and I done pretty well.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

javman05

@OorWullie cheers sir appreciate that

Mario/Kart/Fifa player amongst others

Add away SW-0735-9217-1217

Dezzy

Xyphon22 wrote:

@Dezzy @Ryzaerian So how exactly is the actual game different than this? Is it easier and doesn't require 50 deaths to learn what you are doing?

I haven't played the network test but if it's the same one the PS4 had, they just throw you into the middle of the action.
The full game builds things up fairly slowly so you learn how the game works along the way. It's much more exploration driven too. You have a lot of options for where to go at any given point.

Converted from Sony to Nintendo during 7th gen and never looked back.

Grumblevolcano

So pretty much the Dark Souls Remastered Network Test is about as useless as Monster Hunter demos for newcomers then?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Spoony_Tech

@Grumblevolcano I didn't get and won't get a chance to try it but looking at YouTube I just keep thinking, wow, this reminds me of a MH demo. Thrown in with no explanation of what to do and figure it out for yourself with better armor then you would start out with.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Dezzy

@Grumblevolcano

Yes that's the sense I get.

Xyphon22

Seriously, everyone. I'm trying to find reasons to not buy every game released on Switch, and I had found some for this one, and now you are shooting them all down. Stop it. I can't buy every game...right?

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

NEStalgia

Yeah the hog is pwning me. Not stop. I avoided him successfully at one point, made it far, but never found the next fire. Ugh. Is this really the first level of the game? Ds3 started out easier....

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Ralizah glad to hear the demo is problematic. I played only some of 3 pls some of nuoh and it was never this bad.

NEStalgia

andrewgslack

I would agree that the demo is a lot like MH. Both demos throw you in at the deep end but give the player little or no experience of the sense of progression these games provide - of building a character and figuring out the various game systems. I would also say that this demo is much more difficult than the full game in that at this point it is possible to have a more fully upgraded weapon, making progress much easier.

andrewgslack

Ralizah

@NEStalgia Yeah, the actual game starts you off in a tutorial area that's designed to teach you how to play. This demo is terrible.

Ralizah

NEStalgia

@Ralizah i think you saved my preorder. After this demo i was thinking the game was really sketchy compared even to it's sequels and not very enjoyable.

@evillucario Oddly i haven't left that first room more than once, and I'm still less frustrated than hollow Knight,, for some reason.i managed to pry myself from torna for 2 hours just to keep failing in room 1. Hollow Knight led to a string of explatives long before that

Still better than bloodborne

NEStalgia

Ryzaerian

Yeah, this is more of a network test (at least in-name, “failed to invade” amirite?) than a demo. A tutorial and gentler introduction could’ve been much more helpful for folks new to the game.

Edited on by Ryzaerian

Friend Code: SW-4697-0836-1490

Currently playing: Splatoon 2, Paladins, Zelda: BotW, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Bastion.

“...and we will send you to whatever god you wish.”

EvilLucario

@NEStalgia Dark Souls 1 is fantastic. The demo isn't a strong one, but it's much easier and more forgiving than other similar games like Nioh. Once you learn everyone's patterns, everyone goes down like a stack of dominoes.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Xyphon22

Just to make sure, in the actual game it is possible to not let people invade your game, right? I hate when I make it pretty far just for some random red guy who is clearly awesome at this game to come in and take me out. And what is even the point of that? What do they get out of it?

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

EvilLucario

@Xyphon22 Mostly for fun, but you also get humanity, which when you have humanity you get boosts like resistance to curses and item drop rate buffs.

If you kill invaders, though, you might get a piece of the gear they're using. On my second character on my PC version, I got invaded and I killed the invader for humanity and his spiked shield.

If you don't care for PvP, just play without an Internet connection or (in the main game) just stay as a Hollow. On the other hand if you play without a connection, you'll be missing the messages left by other players which can be very helpful.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Dezzy

@Xyphon22

Just play it offline. I played it for the first time offline and it works just fine like that.

EvilLucario

@Dezzy I'd recommend people to play with it online since without those messages, you're going to have a crappy time in the Darkroot Gardens and Sen's Fortress without certain helpful messages by other players. That's my opinion though.

NEStalgia

@EvilLucario easier than nioh? That sounds simple enough then!

In the demo, i got past the pig with a bit of luck, and playing as dark Knight just to cram it in. I was exploring the upper areas, but got crushed finally by that next boss with the mace in the upper levels. Never got the gate opened. Are they no other bonfires in that area? That's a pretty big area to explore withouta single checkpoint.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic