Forums

Topic: Dark Souls Remastered \[т]/

Posts 301 to 320 of 1,002

Ryzaerian

@EvilLucario

I find the fast-paced Bayonetta, DMC, Darksiders etc. style of games to be far easier than the Dark Souls, Animus, Bloodborne, etc. genre, precisely because the latter forces you to slow down.

That’s what makes these games a trial: mandatory, involuntary patience. They’re not easier because they’re slower. That’s what makes them challenging and sometimes unforgiving.

So I’m in the same category as @ValhallaOutcast in this case. 😁

Edited on by Ryzaerian

Friend Code: SW-4697-0836-1490

Currently playing: Warframe, Diablo 3, Splatoon 2, Paladins, Zelda: BotW, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Bastion.

“...and we will send you to whatever god you wish.”

Xyphon22

Just played for the first time. I have no idea what is going on with all of the different things I can hit B to touch and ghosts that keep wandering around. Then I see the big bull/warthog thing and die within 5 seconds every time. I understand what everyone is saying about needing patience and eventually you'll figure out what you thought was impossible the first 50 times you fought a boss, but I just don't think I have that much free time in my life and too many other games I want to play to bother with this. I'll probably give it another go over the next 2 days, but I'm a solid "No" on this right now.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Dezzy

@Xyphon22

It's a network test. It's not the same as the actual game.
You shouldn't play this to get a sense of the game. They really should have some kind of message telling you that .

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Ryzaerian

I actually had a lot of fun tonight. Well, except when I got invaded and ganked while grabbing another beer. I don’t know who you are, but I will find you, and I will kill you. 😁

@Xyphon22 There’s no question that there’s a bit of a learning curve and, as @Dezzy said, they don’t really explain enough during the network test.

Look, there’s no right and wrong here. But I can tell you this: I had a few “to hell with this” moments when I first got into this genre of games. But in my experience, if you push through, things will click and it’ll become a lot of fun.

Just my two cents.

Edited on by Ryzaerian

Currently playing: Warframe, Diablo 3, Splatoon 2, Paladins, Zelda: BotW, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Bastion.

EvilLucario

@Ryzaerian Were you a Knight of Sunlight or a Black Knight next to the bonfire? Just like an hour ago I was invading worlds killing guys as a naked Black Knight.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Ryzaerian

@EvilLucario Ahahaha YES. About 45 mins ago or so? I was the Knight of Sunlight standing next to the bonfire!

I actually played as a Pyromancer all night EXCEPT that one time. You literally got me on my way back from the fridge.

That’s funny as hell.

EvilLucario

@Ryzaerian LMFAO. That's hilarious, I didn't expect that at all. My bad hahahahaha.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Dezzy

Ryzaerian wrote:

Look, there’s no right and wrong here. But I can tell you this: I had a few “to hell with this” moments when I first got into this genre of games. But in my experience, if you push through, things will click and it’ll become a lot of fun.

Pretty much everyone says this about Dark Souls. It started out as kind of crappy and obtuse but then a few hours in, something clicks in your brain and you realise "how" to play it, which makes it become fun.

EvilLucario

In my opinion, if you like Castlevania (which is fairly popular from what I remember), you will love Dark Souls. Because Dark Souls is literally a 3D Castlevania game that translates the core essence of Castlevania (high difficulty, deliberate actions) into 3D extremely well.

Ryzaerian

@EvilLucario Ahahaha, no man, this is on me. I’ve been gaming for a long time. I know better than to go afk in a potential PvP zone. I would’ve done the same.

I actually sort of feel better about it knowing that it was you.

😁

Edited on by Ryzaerian

SuperWeird

I had no interest in this game, but the free test demo prompted me to give it a try, and I gotta say it's actually pretty cool. The graphics are surprisingly good, and I like the gameplay too. Yes you die a lot, but every time any enemy kills you, you learn from your mistake and go back and beat it the 2nd time, and you progress further with every attempt. I might give this game a go when it releases for Switch.

SuperWeird

Spoony_Tech

Can't wait to play this when it vomes out next month. Won't get to do any of the beta but from what I've seen from a few Youtubers I can tell I will like it.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Dezzy

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Can't wait to play this when it vomes out next month.

"Vomes", verb. To vomit something out.

Spoony_Tech

Dezzy wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Can't wait to play this when it vomes out next month.

"Vomes", verb. To vomit something out.

Ha ha, stupid phone. You would think autocorrect would change that but no.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ryzaerian

Overzealous in celebrating his birthday, Billy vomed up all 17 shots of Jägermeister.

It checks out.

Introspect

@SuperWeird I feel about the same way. I've always wanted to try a Dark Souls game, but never really had enough interest in them to purchase one. The test demo is kind of growing on me, though.

Introspect

Xyphon22

@Dezzy @Ryzaerian So how exactly is the actual game different than this? Is it easier and doesn't require 50 deaths to learn what you are doing? Because it doesn't sound like it. I understand that it might grow on you, and if I stuck with it long enough I might learn to love it. I'm just saying that I don't have that much time in my life to dedicate to a video game that I MIGHT grow to like eventually. Especially when three games that I know I really want and haven't gotten yet are Hyrule Warriors, Skyrim, and XC2, all of which can take up over 100 hours or so I hear.

Xyphon22

Spoony_Tech

@Xyphon22 2 of those can last 500 hours so you have a ton of content in just those 3 games.

MERG said:

Xyphon22

@Spoony_Tech Exactly. So no matter how good Dark Souls may be, it's going to have to take a back seat to games that I know I want and will enjoy, especially when I won't have time to play those, either, which is why I haven't gotten them yet (and I still want to beat X before I get XC2).

Xyphon22

Smitherenez

To me, the demo was a bit off putting. The enemies you face are a bit too complex if you don't have a proper grip on the controls yet. I normally don't really have a problem with hard games though. I think it will be more enjoyable if I start the game from square one, but I will wait for a sale before I will buy it.

Please check out my Youtube gaming channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/FullHDPixelletsplays

Nintendo Network ID: Smitherenez

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic