Forums

Topic: Dark Souls Remastered \[т]/

Posts 261 to 280 of 1,002

Octane

In case anyone's still worried that the Dark Souls Trilogy is going to ''kill'' the Switch release. It's confirmed to be €80. The release will be ''limited'', and it won't even be available in Europe (didn't they announce this at Gamescom?). So y'all can calm down and sleep again tonight!

Octane

Spoony_Tech

@Octane But, but, what will we complain about for the rest of the week? We need something to carry us over till at least Friday. 😛

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

-Green-

We can always talk about online too.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Quarth

I don't think the trilogy bundle will have any major effect on the sales of DSR on Switch. If you're a newcomer to the series, like I am, I guess you wouldn't dive right into a trilogy package for 80$ or whatever the cost was. And I don't even own a PS4 or an Xbox One, so it matters even less to me. DSR for Switch is a day one purchase for me!

If anyone is to be upset by this bundle, it may be the PS4 and Xbox One owners who already have all these games on their systems. But I don't think they really have the right to be upset either. It's just how the market works. Deluxe editions and bundles are released all the time, it's up to you to buy them or not. No one's forcing you to get everything. But that's just my opinion.

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

Dezzy

Why is a trilogy needed at all? Most of the hardcore fans of the series will already have all 3 games on modern consoles.

It's not adding anything new is it?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Mattsmash

Won't most hardcore fans just buy both the Trilogy and the Switch versions? I know I would.

Instagram: Nintendo.Matt

Dezzy

@Mattsmash

Hardcore fans already have all 3 games on the modern consoles. Like I said. Nothing new here at all.

Mattsmash

@Dezzy Then you're missing the bigger marketing picture. Its the same reason HD/Remasters are released. Nostalgia, a collectible new version & the ability to play the games again in an easy 1 package collection - instead of rebuying should they need to.

Same goes for the Switch. Players will want to play great games again on a new console. Especially on the go. It also shows great support that has been lacking in the past.

The games don't need something new to sell, they sell themselves based on reputation and the fact they are highly regarded within the gaming community. That's business.

Now I'm not saying I wouldn't like something else, far from it, I'm giving you reasons why you aren't right but also why you aren't wrong. It's a point of view, one I can see both sides of dude.

Dezzy

@Mattsmash

Only the weirdest of the weird are gonna pay for the same thing again in a new box. At a high price. I've got all 3 games on PS4 already. With all DLC included.

Mattsmash

You'd be surprised. Its very popular.

For the record, I won't be buying it

StuTwo

Octane wrote:

@Spoony_Tech I dunno, something about 4K being the devil's spawn

4000 is approximately 666 multiplied by 6. Coincidence? I think not...

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

ValhallaOutcast

@Dezzy people will buy anything , heck people would buy a 700$ resident evil 2 collectors edition because it comes with a typewriter

DS fans will buy the trilogy and leave it sealed

But I do agree with your point that the trilogy in general is not going to hurt switch sales of DS1 remastered and anyone complaining is doing so because they enjoy to complain not because they have a valid point to make

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

Dezzy

@ValhallaOutcast

They usually have to add something new to reel-in those idiots though. This is literally just the 3 games you can already buy on PS4 (assuming you got the GOTY version of DS3)

CroRock

I played DS1 and DS2 on PC but didn’t go far in both games so this is godsend in my case. Portable DS1 for £30 - I’m in.
I still own them on PC but I lost interest playing on PC the day I bought 3ds xl back in days. And I’m sure many people think that way.
Nothing can beat simplicity of playing on Switch.. not even PS4 Pro with all that fancy graphics IMO

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

CroRock

Dark Souls test version is up for playing.. at least single player. Graphics looks nice but controls are wierd imo. B instead A for confirming, A is dodge and run etc. Like it’s direct port from Xbox and without a way to change them.
I hope final version changes that.
Didn’t play DS for a long time but gameplay feels sooooo slow compared to MHGU.
Anyway, I got this preordered and can’t wait to play full version.

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

JaxonH

@CroRock
You'll get the hang of it.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Krull

I'm skipping the network test - I just want to get straight into the main action when this finally arrives on Switch, nearly six months after the initial release date. Really looking forward to it.

I'm currently decompressing from Hollow Knight by playing Kirby Star Allies, so I'll be ready for a challenge again by the time Dark Souls arrives.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

EvilLucario

I just recently beat this game on PC so I might cancel my Switch pre-order, but it's certainly a fantastic game.

But I instantly changed the controls to be like Bayonetta. Having the attack buttons on shoulder buttons is a big no-no for me. (Not looking forward to God of War 2018 for that reason alone)

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic