Forums

Topic: Dark Souls Remastered \[т]/

Posts 241 to 260 of 1,002

GrailUK

Is there a generation that is mistaking disappointment for worry?

Edited on by GrailUK

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

GrailUK

YOU CRIED

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

MarcelRguez

@TheTetrisGuy Yup, I'm positive it's because of the multiplayer. The network test isn't happening any time soon either (it's in DS's Twitter account), and that's something they could use to mitigate the blow.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Dezzy

TheTetrisGuy wrote:

This worries me, and it doesn’t. It was at Pax last week and it looked great, so that has me curious what the delay is about. If I had to guess, it might be something to do with the online? That’s the most logical conclusion to me anyway.

The most logical conclusion is that the developers got to the point of having to remaster Lost Izalith and all lost interest in their jobs.

Izalith is latin for interest.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

One thing to note is that Dark Souls Remastered isn't being done by From Software themselves. QLOC, a Polish company, is working on the PC/PS4/Xbox versions, while an, as of yet, unnamed Chinese studio is working on the Switch version. Maybe they simply don't have the expertise to handle a remaster like that, and without a name or track record, it's kinda hard to tell.

Octane

SuperLuigiTime

Anyone know if Gamefly has a good track record when it comes to release dates? They're not using the typical generic December 31st placeholder date like a lot of retailers do, they list DSR for the Switch to release on July 31st, which is a Tuesday. On an unrelated note, they have Wolfenstein II listed for June 1st which is a Friday.
https://www.gamefly.com/game/Dark-Souls-Remastered/5015637

SuperLuigiTime

Switch Friend Code: SW-2814-0794-4500 | 3DS Friend Code: 0619-6949-4255 | Nintendo Network ID: tavorestye92

Bart_T

On the one hand, this is a big bloody bummer... On the other hand, it does give me some time to properly enjoy South Park: TFBH, Darkest Dungeon, Owlboy, Donkey Kong: TF, BattleChasers: Nightwar and all the other games I was gonna hold off on in anticipation of Dark Souls.

Bart_T

Spoony_Tech

@Bart_T That's the way I'm treating it. Games I was goimg to hold off on I will now pull the trigger.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Dezzy

The soulsbourne community seem to be growing increasingly angry about how similar this looks to the original game. I've seen like 10 angry rant videos in the last week.

JoyBoy

I agree there’s little value here for ps4/xbone owners. The Switch version is where the gold is. This game + anytime/anywhere? Sign me up!

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

-Green-

People want/expect different things from this. Just buy it if you want to.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

FragRed

I'm guessing people were expecting something like the Shadow of Colossus kind of remake of this game? That would be my guess. And now they know it's really just a slightly enhanced port, they are angry.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

-Green-

I’ve mostly just seen people fight over [remaster vs remake]

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Dezzy

Good video showing the massive improvement of framerate in Blighttown:

It's a divisive area in the game but I've always loved it. Glad newcomers will get to try it without the insane slideshow framerate.

EvilLucario

That's good. 15 FPS in the original 360 version, yikes.

Hopefully it's a stable 30 FPS for the Switch.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Dezzy

I expect it will. Given that even the Xbone X was struggling to get the backcompat version running at 30fps, I imagine they went in and optimised some of the scene a bit differently to suit the new consoles.

Ryu_Niiyama

Welp, I'm still excited for remastered but the trilogy that is going to the twins sours the deal a bit. I might just get both. I don't have all the dlc for 3 anyway.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Spoony_Tech

@Ryu_Niiyama A bit? Companies pulled this crap throughout the Wii U's life. This might just be a one off but the timing and everything just spells doom. I'm starting to wonder if the port isn't really good and they know it.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ryu_Niiyama

@Spoony_Tech Well you know me. I try to be cautiously optimistic. I'll wait for further news. I'll likely hold off on the trilogy until late next year to give the devs time to do something else... like announce the other two. lol. But I was pretty annoyed by the ME3 (My issues with the entire trilogy as a game series is a whole other issue...) treatment we got and EA's "surprise" about the whole thing.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic