Forums

Topic: Dark Souls Remastered \[т]/

Posts 221 to 240 of 1,002

JaxonH

@subpopz
Ya, these 7th gen remaster/ports (I don't care what you call them... whatever they are) look incredible on Switch.

When I see the Dark Souls trailer, the only thing I can think is wow, it looks amazing and I couldn't ask for anything better looking than that. Same thing with LA Noire and Skyrim. They look absolutely fantastic to me. I've got zero qualms with how these games look.

So it's an automatic Switch purchase. Game looks practically identical to running it on any other console, but it's a handheld version also... shoot, sign me up.

I couldn't imagine buying another version and saying, "well I bought it because you see this lighting over here? It kinda looks better, and if you view two images side-by-side and look really close you can kind of see how this one is sharper".

Screw that, I want tangible benefits. Free me from the TV haha... that's the slogan. Free me fom the TV!

My brother is super hyped. He loves Dark Souls- his favorite game of all time. He's played them all. Bloodborne, Nioh... all of them. And he has wanted his favorite game of all time on an HD portable device for so long, this is a dream come true for him.

It's the equivalent of me getting my Monster Hunter on Switch

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Dezzy

EvilLucario wrote:

I hear specific areas have really terrible frame rates so hopefully the main improvements are in frame rate. I'll be getting it on Switch so I can play it wherever I want, though the 60 FPS is definitely nice to have.

There's only really 1 area that has big issues in the original game.

I really do hope they've fixed that part though because it's one of the more interesting areas in my opinion. When I played it on PC with better frame rate, I was compelled to explore a lot more. In fact one of the cool secret areas in the game is accessed through the area with bad frame rate.
I completely missed it on my first playthrough because I was just trying to get through the area as quickly as possible.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Dezzy

Surprised no-one had brought this thread back.

So we've learned of a few changes from the original in the last week. The ones I'm aware of (in singleplayer) are:

-Better framerate in Blighttown (awesome)
-You can consume multiple souls at once now (helpful)
-There are some small details added, like bushes and grass now sway in the wind (cool, I guess)
-New Bonfire next to Vamos the Blacksmith in the Catacombs (good decision)

I assume these are all for both Switch and PS4. As far as I'm aware the only difference between them is framerate and resolution.

Spoony_Tech

@Dezzy I'm just waiting for actual game footage and hear impressions. I'm sure it will be as good as Doom and Skyrim but still would like to hear.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

JoyBoy

It looks a bit like Light Souls tbh. I just saw this game running on the ps pro and I don’t remember if the Switch version looked this “clean”. So I’m still unsure if I should get this game for Switch or PS, it depends a bit if the community is there or not. I would definitely like to play this with some fellow NLifers.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Whalehome

there will definitely be a community of people playing it — it's new for Nintendo owners. And I will definitely be playing it on Switch unless there is something still broken with the end product that doesn't get patched. I am doing quite a bit of travel this summer, so I won't be playing my ps4 at all, so I'm gathering games to play on switch for the 2.5 months I'll be away from home.

Whalehome

SKTTR

I pre-ordered the Switch version. I'm one of the guys that heard from many sources how great this game was on the PS3. I hope I like it.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Spoony_Tech

20 minutes of Dark Souls on the Switch version.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

JoyBoy

Looks good. The novelty of playing this on a handheld is too good to miss out on.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

EvilLucario

Yeah, I'll be picking up this game too. Playing Dark Souls for the first time is too lucrative for me to pass up on.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Quarth

I've never played a Dark Souls game before, so I'm excited about this. Preorder is made.

How would you recommend a newcomer to approach this game?

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

Powloon

@Quarth Awesome!
Take it slow.
Study your enemies.
Look in every corner.
Embrace the amazing world-building!

Powloon

-Green-

Exploit the AI
Exploit the AI
Exploit the AI
Makes it a lot easier

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

MarcelRguez

@Quarth With patience. Try to understand what you did wrong when you die. Aggro the enemies one by one, and use backstabs whenever you can. Also, keep in mind you can summon phantoms (or other players) to help you with the bosses.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Quarth

Thanks, guys!

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

Krull

Really stoked for this. Preordered Dark Souls a month or so ago, as I've never played it and can't wait to try it. My PS3 is glowering at me from under the TV as I type, as I have basically fed it no games for seven years and just turned it into a Netflix machine and DVD player. Sorry, PS3: great machine; wrong time of my life.

As for Dark Souls - I guess I'm going to die a lot, aren't I?

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

Dezzy

Quarth wrote:

I've never played a Dark Souls game before, so I'm excited about this. Preorder is made.

How would you recommend a newcomer to approach this game?

By knowing that dying a lot in the first 10 hours is normal and what the game expects of you. Don't make the mistake of thinking that's because it's too hard. All of the big challenges that seem too hard have a few different solutions. You might need to find armor that has higher resistance to magic, you might need to use the environment to lure the boss into a better position, you might need to remove all of your armor entirely so your character can move quicker.
On my first playthrough I took about 20 attempts on 1 boss and was getting nowhere but then just changed my armor and weapon and killed him in 2 tries.

Edited on by Dezzy

Pazzo-TheFool

@DiscoGentleman Why? Delays happen. No way it's getting canceled.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

TheTetrisGuy

Your going to have to rename the thread now

This worries me, and it doesn’t. It was at Pax last week and it looked great, so that has me curious what the delay is about. If I had to guess, it might be something to do with the online? That’s the most logical conclusion to me anyway.

Just a geek that likes video games, and spends to much time playing Smash Bros. and Fortnite.

“Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.” – Iron Man

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic