Forums

Topic: Dark Souls Remastered \[т]/

Posts 201 to 220 of 1,002

Dezzy

I might retry DS2 at some point. I've never been able to force myself to finish it. Always lose interest before the end.
How do you access the DLC? Apparently that's good.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

-Green-

There are these obvious glowing shrines around the world that'll you'll definitely come across while exploring.

The game has hit a gank bump rn for me. I like it when it's more one on one combat, but just getting ganked by lots of enemies isn't very enjoyable. Those type of things are pretty prevalent in DS2 sadly as most of the enemies are fairly simplistic and rely on numbers to do much.

Edit: Legitimately though. It's like a semi open area with occasional pillars. There's water to slow movement and I have to deal with hidden water monsters, sniping mages, a giant guard (sometimes) and these super annoying guards with long reach and heavy hits. It's not fun lol.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Dezzy

This is awesome. If they had bonfire mimics (they don't)

Untitled

-Green-

^That's legitimately cool. Great way to turn the thing on its head.

On a side note. Vendrick feels like the best character in the Dark Souls series, except for maybe Patches who also had a fair amount of time put into him in DS3. DS generally doesn't explain much but Vendrick just comes off as a decent character.

I'd say he's better than Gwyn in terms of character anyway.

Pazzo-TheFool

Can't wait to try DS for the first time. I heard from someone, could be wrong so don't jump on me if it's a mistake, but I hear it's pretty **** hard.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

-Green-

It's a shame nothing came out of DS2's story. Aldia and Vendrick's attempts to find an alternative path to the one set by the fire seemed to amount to nothing.

If they ever make another game set in the DS world, I wouldn't be surprised if it's in the new painting made in DS3 since it's entirely seperate from everything else.

Dezzy

I think the only difference in visuals is they've redone the textures. They look higher res than the original PC version.

kkslider5552000

The fact that a Dark Souls Amiibo exists is hilarious to me for some reason.

Honestly it looks awesome...

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Spoony_Tech

kkslider5552000 wrote:

The fact that a Dark Souls Amiibo exists is hilarious to me for some reason.

Honestly it looks awesome...

I may get that Amiibo just because and I never played the series.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Dezzy

I think them making an Amiibo is just their way of giving a game the official Nintendo recommendation.
They have said they want the Switch to appeal to more than their regular audience of Mario and Zelda fans.
This is definitely one of their biggest chances.

Peek-a-boo

@Dezzy I came away from watching the trailer two separate times, and these are my reposted thoughts:

I rewatched the Dark Souls part of the Direct and honestly, as someone who played the original game A LOT, it looks more like a port than a remaster...

The floor textures look cleaner, but lacks detail, and the whispy white puff of cloud when the enemy was defeated looked really odd to me, as well as a hint of noticeable slowdown.

I hope the PS4 version is significantly better than this one.

It really does look like a port to me. I just hope the frame rate at release is as close to a locked-30fps as possible, seeing as the visuals are almost virtually unchanged.

Which version are you getting - the port or the remaster? Tongue firmly in cheek...

Peek-a-boo

-Green-

What qualifies as a remaster? I assume it's just a graphically updated and patched up rerelease of a game. By the way, @Peek-a-boo what do you mean about the puffy white cloud. Was that type of death not present in DS1?

Based on memory, it kind of looked like DS3's style.

Edited on by -Green-

Spoony_Tech

Peek-a-boo wrote:

@Dezzy I came away from watching the trailer two separate times, and these are my reposted thoughts:

I rewatched the Dark Souls part of the Direct and honestly, as someone who played the original game A LOT, it looks more like a port than a remaster...

The floor textures look cleaner, but lacks detail, and the whispy white puff of cloud when the enemy was defeated looked really odd to me, as well as a hint of noticeable slowdown.

I hope the PS4 version is significantly better than this one.

It really does look like a port to me. I just hope the frame rate at release is as close to a locked-30fps as possible, seeing as the visuals are almost virtually unchanged.

Which version are you getting - the port or the remaster? Tongue firmly in cheek...

I'm pretty sure it was said from the beginning that the Switch version wasn't getting enhanced. Outside of a touch up here and there. The only reason it's being called remaster is the dlc is included.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

-Green-

Hopefully, they can also take the opportunity to patch up DS1's niggles. That would make the game much more worth it.

Octane

I think it looks a bit better than the original, but I have to see them side by side.

Octane

Dezzy

@Peek-a-boo
I'll be getting the PS4 version whatever happens. Higher resolution and 60fps is desirable. I hope the graphics are better too.
Oh and the white cloud was just for the Black Knight. That's normal I think!

Edited on by Dezzy

ilikeike

@SLIGEACH_EIRE Interesting, I definitely see an improvement albeit a small one. The Remaster looks a little cleaner and crisper than the original. This improvement is sufficient enough for me as long as the framerate stays locked at 30 and doesn't stutter too badly.

Mario Galaxy is ten years old, and now I feel old.

EvilLucario

I hear specific areas have really terrible frame rates so hopefully the main improvements are in frame rate. I'll be getting it on Switch so I can play it wherever I want, though the 60 FPS is definitely nice to have.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic