Forums

Topic: Dark Souls Remastered \[т]/

Posts 181 to 200 of 1,002

OorWullie

Have they said how much it will cost in the UK/EU?Game have it for £54.99 but that'll surely just be a placeholder. My guess is it'll be £34.99/€39.99 over here.£29.99 would be a nice price though.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

-Green-

Dark Souls 2 apparently also has great new game +. Although I never actually tried it.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Octane

@Ralizah The only positive thing is that pre-orders are counted as regular purchases, so whenever there's a 10% off sale going on, it also applies to pre-orders. That's how I secured a MHW copy for less than €50, and SOTC for around €33.

Octane

FragRed

@OorWullie This being the Switch, I would not be surprised to see it for at least £10 higher than whatever the PS4 and Xbox One are selling for. So likely £40 upwards is what I am predicting.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Dezzy

If they're smart they wont charge too much more. This is a game where framerate does matter. All of the people who own both a PS4 and a Switch are already gonna be on the fence about which to get.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Dezzy

Yeah this forum will be very valuable when the game releases because the game deliberately teaches you almost nothing.

Some stuff took me ages to figure out. Like that the effect of your character's weight goes in discrete jumps.
So it's something like if your weight is <30% you move at maximum speed. If it's between 30% and 50% you move a bit slower. If it's between 50% and 70% you move even slower (and rolling becomes pointless at that speed). And then if it's above 70%, you can't run at all. It's something like that. Those numbers are probably wrong though.

Oh and the other example of a boss you can't really fight if you're a tank is Havel. He just destroyed me if I had heavy armour on. The only way I can beat him is by stripping off naked and being fast enough to dodge his attacks.

Edited on by Dezzy

OorWullie

It's appeared on Base.com for £39.85,so obviously it's RRP in the UK is £39.99.Not really fair considering its US price but not surprising. Base says its RRP is £64.99 but I've noticed them doing that with other games and accessories too, just straight out lie to make it look like they're offering a bigger saving than they are The Nintendo Labo kits for example, Base are offering them for £53.85 and £63.85 but have the RRP at £69.99 and £89.99, when really it's £59.99 and £69.99 . The Rocket League physical version they're saying its RRP is £49.99 when really its £34.99 but they're offering it for £28.85.That's actually a good price for it though for anyone who hasn't picked it up yet.I think with all the included DLC added it comes to more than that.

Still, £39.99 isn't too bad for Dark Souls considering Amazon will offer it for at least 20% cheaper.

https://www.base.com/buy/product/dark-souls-remastered-ninten...

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

Dezzy

Lol as if it'd be £65. What a lazy racket.

OorWullie

@Dezzy Just edited my post to add some other instances of them making up the RRP. You would think doing that would be against trading standards.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

Dezzy

@OorWullie

I hope not. Trading standards shouldn't be saving people from stupidity. Just from deceit.

FragRed

@OorWullie You realise that RRP is what it says - Recommended Retail Price, not the price the outlets must charge. If someone wants to charge more then they can.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Bezbot

Dark Souls Remastered is $40 at BestBuy and Gamestop, the same as the other versions. So I'm guessing it would be the same in the UK and that's just a placeholder price.

Bezbot

Switch Friend Code: SW-4750-8467-7698 | 3DS Friend Code: 0147-3539-2436 | Nintendo Network ID: nobboysbro

OorWullie

@FragRed Yeah I know that but they're stating that those prices are the actual RRP when in fact they're not, they're basically tricking any potential customers by implying the discount off the RRP is bigger than what it truthfully is. If it said "normal price £64.99,now only £34.85" that would be different. I ran a UK registered website for my business up until recently and I had to pass a few compliance checks before I could start trading. It failed the first check just because the way I worded a single sentence on the home page could have potentially confused customers into believing they were getting something extra.

For Lost Sphear ,a game that releases this week, they state its RRP is £44.99 and they're offering a saving of £9.14 which is not being honest. The official price on the UK Nintendo store is £39.99. Like I said above, if they said it like "normal price £44.99, now £34.85" then that would be fine. It's all in the wording.

Untitled

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

Octane

@OorWullie Amazon:
Xbox One: €39.99
PS4: €39.99
Switch: €69.99

It's just a place holder, but it's a bit weird seeing the Switch being this high. I know which one I'd pre-order if I saw these prices.

Octane

OorWullie

@Octane Yeah I noticed that on Amazon but Base now have it for £39.85 reduced from £64.99.That low price means they must now have info on the real RRP for them to offer it at that price,likely £39.99. The point I was trying to make was that this website has a lot of items where they're stating the RRP is higher than it truthfully is so as to make it look like they're offering a bigger discount. They're doing this on games already for sale so it's not just placeholders. I added another example to my previous comment

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

Dezzy

I'd pay for a full price release if they announce they've remade Lost Izalith, the objectively worst part in the game.

-Green-

Playing SotFS has gave me a better appreciation for D2. I've been having a blast with the game, and I can definitely appreciate its slower pacing compared to D3 and BB. Also, the game does equipment far better than BB and D3, which is a huge plus for me considering those two things were large letdowns from both games.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic