Forums

Topic: Dark Souls Remastered (Summer)

Posts 181 to 200 of 268

cadaver138

@Octane i think it depends how you pay, on amazon if you pay with paypal they take the money straight away but if you pay on card you're not charged until it ships

i know they dont charge straight away because i had the persona 5 art book on preorder for ages and eventually cancelled it when they date just got put back and back over and over

Edited on by cadaver138

cadaver138

Dezzy

So how many people who've already played Dark Souls found the way back to the Undead Asylum without being told about it?

I was so pleased with myself for doing that myself.

Converted from Sony to Nintendo during 7th gen and never looked back.

Ralizah

@Octane On Amazon U.S., they don't charge until they ship, and their pre-order price guarantee insures you get charged the lowest price before launch.

Charging when you preorder does make the whole activity pretty useless, though. Terrible policy.

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

Ralizah

@Octane On Amazon U.S., they don't charge until they ship, and their pre-order price guarantee insures you get charged the lowest price before launch.

Charging when you preorder does make the whole activity pretty useless, though. Terrible policy.

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

Beluganator

@Dezzy It may be the fact that I played DS2 first. It’s still a very good game. Better than most games that’s made nowadays. The other games are simply better.

Beluganator

OorWullie

Have they said how much it will cost in the UK/EU?Game have it for £54.99 but that'll surely just be a placeholder. My guess is it'll be £34.99/€39.99 over here.£29.99 would be a nice price though.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

-Green-

Dark Souls 2 apparently also has great new game +. Although I never actually tried it.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Octane

@Ralizah The only positive thing is that pre-orders are counted as regular purchases, so whenever there's a 10% off sale going on, it also applies to pre-orders. That's how I secured a MHW copy for less than €50, and SOTC for around €33.

Octane

FragRed

@OorWullie This being the Switch, I would not be surprised to see it for at least £10 higher than whatever the PS4 and Xbox One are selling for. So likely £40 upwards is what I am predicting.

ENGAGE VG NEWS & REVIEWS SITE LAUNCHING SOON: www.engagevg.com

Dezzy

If they're smart they wont charge too much more. This is a game where framerate does matter. All of the people who own both a PS4 and a Switch are already gonna be on the fence about which to get.

GraveLordXD

erv wrote:

I never even played one of these and for the life of me can't find the concept explained anywhere. Is this like an rpg where you level to the next phase? Or more like monster Hunter where you yourself level in skill? Is this one of those permanent deaths games?

The online invaders thing, that sounds awesome - as well as the notes

No the game isn't permadeath, if you die you just start at the last bonfire you rested at, everytime you die or rest at a bonfire all the enemies are back with the exception of bosses and npc invaders.
You level up with souls collected from enemies, souls are basically money in the game world, thing is when you die you loose all your souls collected, it sticks to the bloodstain where you died, you have a choice to try and get your souls back if you want or just go a different route and forget about them, if you die before getting back to your bloodstain you loose those souls forever and the souls you currently had are now on your new bloodstain. So don't carry a ton of souls around in new areas you aren't familiar with. You're gonna die a lot so don't really sweat it, you also get tangible souls you keep in your inventory that you can use when you choose you don't loose anything tangible, weapons, items anything in your inventory stays. When leveling up in a new game its important to put points into health and stamina at first Everthing else is decided on weapon classes, some weapons are str based, dex based, faith and intelligence you can focus on later.
If i remember correctly 40 is the hard cap for each. The biggest thing with this game is the learning curve its oldschool difficulty and every single button is needed on that controller, timing is absolutely everything along with stamina management know that stamina replenishes a lot slower with your shield up so know when to block or just roll, sometimes its even good to two hand your weapon you can do this for any weapon in the game, comes in handy for certain bosses or enemies where a shield wouldn't help anyway( like the very first boss the tutorial boss) For a beginner find a good shield with 100% physical resistance and decent stability (stability decides how much stamina the shield will absorb which also depends on the size and weight of the weapon you are getting hit with) Also pay attention to your weight ratio, I think if its over 73% you will become like a rock in water.
This game is awesome when you take the time to appreciate it, the lore and attention to detail with the combat and level design is unbelievable. One of my favorite action rpgs ever

Edited on by GraveLordXD

GraveLordXD

GraveLordXD

Another thing for beginners do not hit innocent npcs like say the weaposmith or the non aggressive characters, you will regret it. If you do I think you can immediately stay in a block position if I'm remembering correctly.
I made a mistake and put my controller down which hit the r2 on the ps3 and hit the blacksmith the most important one in the game and aggro him, I tried everthing I had to eventually kill him.
The game saves constantly you can't reload a previous save it doesn't work like that also you can't just pause the game either. These things may seem strange but if you are familiar with the souls games you'll see why it's designed this way
Anyone who loves action rpgs who never played this game and who likes a challenge no handholding or is an oldschool gammer like myself do yourself a favor and pick this up

Edited on by GraveLordXD

GraveLordXD

Dezzy

Yeah this forum will be very valuable when the game releases because the game deliberately teaches you almost nothing.

Some stuff took me ages to figure out. Like that the effect of your character's weight goes in discrete jumps.
So it's something like if your weight is <30% you move at maximum speed. If it's between 30% and 50% you move a bit slower. If it's between 50% and 70% you move even slower (and rolling becomes pointless at that speed). And then if it's above 70%, you can't run at all. It's something like that. Those numbers are probably wrong though.

Oh and the other example of a boss you can't really fight if you're a tank is Havel. He just destroyed me if I had heavy armour on. The only way I can beat him is by stripping off naked and being fast enough to dodge his attacks.

Edited on by Dezzy

OorWullie

It's appeared on Base.com for £39.85,so obviously it's RRP in the UK is £39.99.Not really fair considering its US price but not surprising. Base says its RRP is £64.99 but I've noticed them doing that with other games and accessories too, just straight out lie to make it look like they're offering a bigger saving than they are The Nintendo Labo kits for example, Base are offering them for £53.85 and £63.85 but have the RRP at £69.99 and £89.99, when really it's £59.99 and £69.99 . The Rocket League physical version they're saying its RRP is £49.99 when really its £34.99 but they're offering it for £28.85.That's actually a good price for it though for anyone who hasn't picked it up yet.I think with all the included DLC added it comes to more than that.

Still, £39.99 isn't too bad for Dark Souls considering Amazon will offer it for at least 20% cheaper.

https://www.base.com/buy/product/dark-souls-remastered-ninten...

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

Dezzy

Lol as if it'd be £65. What a lazy racket.

OorWullie

@Dezzy Just edited my post to add some other instances of them making up the RRP. You would think doing that would be against trading standards.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

Dezzy

@OorWullie

I hope not. Trading standards shouldn't be saving people from stupidity. Just from deceit.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic