Forums

Topic: Dark Souls Remastered \[т]/

Posts 161 to 180 of 1,002

Powloon

@Dezzy Totally agree.
I started with DS2 myself, fell in love with it. It was amazing to later realise how much better the first one is. DS2 has its charm though.

Powloon

Dezzy

@Beluganator

I couldn't even find any charm. I think it's just a bad game across the board.

I genuinely can't think of a single thing Dark Souls 2 does better than the other games in the series.

With the others I found that easy. Bloodborne has the best atmosphere and art design. Dark Souls 3 has the best music and bosses. And I still haven't played Demon Souls.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

I just found out that Dark Souls on Switch is going to be €60, whereas the other versions are €40... Unless it's an error, but all retailers list the Switch version for €60. Does anyone know if this is true?

Octane

cadaver138

@Beluganator dark souls II is my favourite, i know its not the best one but its the most fun one to co-op with a buddy

cadaver138

JoyBoy

@Octane You’re right. That would be bad. These things tend to turn me off when buying games, so I hope it’s just a placeholder.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

-Green-

The new cover is a lot more fitting.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Ralizah

@Octane U.S. pricing is confirmed to be $39.99. Maybe they're charging more in European countries?

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Octane

@Ralizah I think it's just a place holder then. It will definitely turn people off from pre-ordering though. The other versions are all listed as €40 or less. I don't even know how it works if you pre-order a game and they adjust the price. I assume you're getting the difference back.

Octane

JoyBoy

@Octane Pretty sure you get the difference back. At least the shops I ordered from. Though I don’t think there’s any risk of this game being sold out.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

FragRed

@Octane Here in the UK, most places don't, or I should say shouldn't charge you until it ships. And with that, they should also be charging you whatever the price ends up being when shipped not the placeholder price. I assume this is a European wide thing.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Octane

@FragRed They charge you when you order the game. That's why it's pointless to pre-order until the week before release (unless it's a rare item/game).

Octane

FragRed

@Octane Wow that's unfortunate. I pre-order a lot of games but that's because I know I can just cancel it anytime prior to shipping. But I usually know it's something I want. Like I just pre-ordered Shadow of the Colossus on PS4 for £24 because I know it's a game I want and the team behind the remake have a good track record.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

cadaver138

@Octane i think it depends how you pay, on amazon if you pay with paypal they take the money straight away but if you pay on card you're not charged until it ships

i know they dont charge straight away because i had the persona 5 art book on preorder for ages and eventually cancelled it when they date just got put back and back over and over

Edited on by cadaver138

cadaver138

Dezzy

So how many people who've already played Dark Souls found the way back to the Undead Asylum without being told about it?

I was so pleased with myself for doing that myself.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Ralizah

@Octane On Amazon U.S., they don't charge until they ship, and their pre-order price guarantee insures you get charged the lowest price before launch.

Charging when you preorder does make the whole activity pretty useless, though. Terrible policy.

Ralizah

@Octane On Amazon U.S., they don't charge until they ship, and their pre-order price guarantee insures you get charged the lowest price before launch.

Charging when you preorder does make the whole activity pretty useless, though. Terrible policy.

Powloon

@Dezzy It may be the fact that I played DS2 first. It’s still a very good game. Better than most games that’s made nowadays. The other games are simply better.

Powloon

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic