Forums

Topic: Crash Bandicoot ports and New game confirmed for Switch 2018/19

Posts 1 to 8 of 8

FragRed

@Nintendoforlife It's not too surprising to see this come to the Switch simply because it's Activision who owns the IP and they LOVE money. Activision as far as I am aware don't do exclusives, because why bother when you can generate more from selling to multiple consoles.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

EvilLucario

While it can make sense, take that with a grain of salt. That same rumor was first reported on ResetEra.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/rumor-merch-licensing-compan...

I won't believe it until there's an official announcement, though having something like Game Informer think this is legit without question makes me a bit intrigued if it actually turns out to be true.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Tasuki

@Nintendoforlife How is it shocking that Sony allowed this? Sony doesn't own Crash it be like saying how can Nintendo allow Mega Man on the PlayStation. Sony doesn't have the right to tell third parties that they can't develope games for other consoles only first parties are restricted like that.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

19Robb92

I would definitely buy a Switch version of these games. Would love to see Spyro next.

Nintendoforlife wrote:

It's honestly pretty shocking to see Sony allow this

Sony has no say in the Crash Bandicoot franchise, it is fully owned by Activision.

I’m surprised that many seem to assume it is still a PlayStation franchise.. It has been multi-platform since the Ps2 era with games being released on GC, Xbox, GBA, Wii etc.

It should be more surprising to see these games stay exclusively on PS4 than the other way around at this point.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Bunkerneath

Spanish Retailer XtraLife shows Trilogy on Switch

Untitled

Edited on by Bunkerneath

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

Therad

Tasuki wrote:

@Nintendoforlife How is it shocking that Sony allowed this? Sony doesn't own Crash it be like saying how can Nintendo allow Mega Man on the PlayStation. Sony doesn't have the right to tell third parties that they can't develope games for other consoles only first parties are restricted like that.

Probably the same trope of Sony buying exclusives left and right.

Therad

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.