Forums

Topic: Civilization VI

Posts 341 to 360 of 409

AndyD

Ruthless4u wrote:

scubydo wrote:

Hot seat just dropped in an update for Civ!!!!

Is it part of a free update or need to purchase with DLC?

Not bought the game yet and was wondering

it was a free update prior to the expansions.

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

JaxonH

Just updated. Not a feature I will use but I know a lot of people requested it.

I’m just hankering for the expansions. We’re close!

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Swizze

Thinking of picking this up, any thoughts/opinions on this game?

Swizze

My Nintendo: Swizze

Mordridakon

The expansion pack DLC is out. It both together for $50. I'm picking it up anyway ^-^

Mordridakon

Mountain_Man

I bought the expansions about an hour ago, and they should be downloaded to my Switch. Now I just have to wait until I get home from work to play it!

Edited on by Mountain_Man

The Mountain Man

aresius

I really like this game for what it's offer and I am always in love for strategic games, but I am on the fence to buy it for the long time required for the IA turn in the middle and later part, I really don't have the patience to wait for 40-60 second every time is the IA turn, I don't know how you guys cope with that

Edited on by aresius

aresius

Late

Bought the expansions and started a new game. Only an hour in so I haven't seen much new stuff yet, or more accurately, how they affect the game. I built my first city next to a volcano which I didn't notice was there. It hasn't erupted yet. Most I can say right now is that I like the UI updates. The rumors don't obstruct the screen like they used to and choosing religion related stuff works like choosing a technology or civic.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Ruthless4u

How much space do the expansions take?

Ruthless4u

Mountain_Man

aresius wrote:

I really like this game for what it's offer and I am always in love for strategic games, but I am on the fence to buy it for the long time required for the IA turn in the middle and later part, I really don't have the patience to wait for 40-60 second every time is the IA turn, I don't know how you guys cope with that

I assume you mean AI? It's short for "artificial intelligence".

It's actually been a while since I played Civ6 on the Switch, but I don't remember computer players taking an aggravatingly long time to finish their turns. Usually my time is spent watching what the other players are doing and planning my next turn.

The Mountain Man

Mountain_Man

Late wrote:

Bought the expansions and started a new game. Only an hour in so I haven't seen much new stuff yet, or more accurately, how they affect the game. I built my first city next to a volcano which I didn't notice was there. It hasn't erupted yet. Most I can say right now is that I like the UI updates. The rumors don't obstruct the screen like they used to and choosing religion related stuff works like choosing a technology or civic.

Oh, cool, I didn't realize there were UI updates. Very nice.

The Mountain Man

Mordridakon

Oh nos I've encountered bugs related to the world congress screen. I've had to log and reload a game because the world congress screen would not disappear and I couldn't complete the turn. Hopefully they fix that... hahaha probably not

Mordridakon

JasmineDragon

So hyped for the expansion packs, but I've got to wait for my next paycheck before I grab them. If anybody has played with both of the expansions (on PC or Switch) which one would you say is best to start with?

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

JasmineDragon

Mountain_Man wrote:

aresius wrote:

It's actually been a while since I played Civ6 on the Switch, but I don't remember computer players taking an aggravatingly long time to finish their turns. Usually my time is spent watching what the other players are doing and planning my next turn.

Same here, I haven't timed it but I'm pretty sure it doesn't take 60 seconds for them to move unless you're in the hottest part of a world war. I really don't see this as wasted time anyway. I'm usually watching the troop movements and waiting to see how things change.

Mind you, I grew up playing strategy titles on PCs which were usually ridiculously underpowered, so I remember literally waiting minutes for the AI to finish moving. Try playing Hearts of Iron or Europa Universalis on a slow PC sometime, you can make a cup of tea and smoke a cigarette while the AI makes its move.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

Mountain_Man

JasmineDragon wrote:

Mountain_Man wrote:

aresius wrote:

Same here, I haven't timed it but I'm pretty sure it doesn't take 60 seconds for them to move unless you're in the hottest part of a world war. I really don't see this as wasted time anyway. I'm usually watching the troop movements and waiting to see how things change.

Mind you, I grew up playing strategy titles on PCs which were usually ridiculously underpowered, so I remember literally waiting minutes for the AI to finish moving. Try playing Hearts of Iron or Europa Universalis on a slow PC sometime, you can make a cup of tea and smoke a cigarette while the AI makes its move.

Part of it is that animations for units and battles play out even if they're off-screen. You can mitigate this to some extent by enabling "Quick Combat" and "Quick Movement", but then you lose some of the charm of a "living" map.

The Mountain Man

Mountain_Man

Mordridakon wrote:

Oh nos I've encountered bugs related to the world congress screen. I've had to log and reload a game because the world congress screen would not disappear and I couldn't complete the turn. Hopefully they fix that... hahaha probably not

I just got hit with this. I can return to the map screen, but when I try to do anything; everytime I press one of the physical controls, the World Congress screen pops up again. I can't manage to keep it closed.

Edit: Somehow I got the screen to close. I don't know what I did.

Edited on by Mountain_Man

The Mountain Man

toiletduck

@aresius try exiting and opening the game every now and then once your further in the game. For me personally it noticeably sped up loading times. It think it has to do with clearing the cache or something.

@Swizze it's an awesome game to come back to every now and then!

I'm waiting for a pricedrop on the DLC, I'm in no hurry.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Mountain_Man

The implementation of the World Congress seems a bit buggy (unless I'm doing something wrong or simply don't understand the new mechanics)... the screen will randomly pop-up even when there's no vote happening, and other times I can't proceed with a vote and have to reload one of the auto saves, after which when the vote is triggered, I can cast my ballot and continue my game.

The Mountain Man

Late

I've seen the World Congress screen about 10 times by now and it has worked for me although it is a bit clunky. It also seems to pop up whenever there's a voting going on even if you aren't part of the voting. For example, if there's a crisis where one player is attacking its neighboring players, the players under attack or close by can vote on how to deal with the situation. In this case, the players farther away can't vote but the screen pops up for them anyway.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Mordridakon

According to Nintendo World Report, vanilla Civ VI will be $20 at best buy and game stop. If you haven't yet bought it(and why haven't you?) PICK IT UP! And $70(vanilla + expansions) is a small price to pay for hours of quality entertainment!

Mordridakon

Eagle9

I'm a total newbie to the series. Played tutorial, so is there a way to win by accident? Last i checked i wasn't leading but then game informed that i won in the end... So confusing.

It all started from Game&Watch.

3DS Friend Code 5455 9594 9430.
Switch Friend Code 7313-1538-3028.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic