Forums

Topic: Civilization VI

Posts 241 to 260 of 409

Justifier

Well, now I am with war and peace at the same time with germany (someone mentioned something like that). It is just that, germany dont know that. We can trade (both can offer a trade), but I can also (and have been) capture germanys workers. They are so far away from me that no really combat is included.

"Wake me... when you need me."

Switch Friend Code: SW-0456-5973-9496 | 3DS Friend Code: 0533-4480-5285 | Nintendo Network ID: Justifier

Bevinator

I took your advice regarding building a scout early and setting him to auto explore. Turned out to be a big help, really opens up the map and help find resources and other civs so you can better plan a play through. Cheers for that @oninowon

they say that life’s a carousel, spinning fast you’ve got to ride it well. The world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It’s heaven and hell.

My Nintendo: Bevinator

JasmineDragon

ACK!! My attempts at forging an enlightened religious/cultural empire have been thwarted again when Cyrus objected strenuously to the presence of my missionaries. One minute I was all, "who am I stand to stand in the way of God's will for your people?" after smugly converting two of Cyrus' cities to the path of righteousness, next minute there was a freaking swarm of armored Persian chariots burning my capital to the ground.

Let's try this again....

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

Bevinator

Cheers @oninowon

they say that life’s a carousel, spinning fast you’ve got to ride it well. The world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It’s heaven and hell.

My Nintendo: Bevinator

Heavyarms55

@JasmineDragon Cyrus is a jerk. In my last game I was literally allied with everyone, and he alone hated me. Didn't much matter as he'd have to cross an ocean to attack me. I won that one with a culture victory. But even if I hadn't, I was on my way to science as well. My spies had bombed the spaceports in my "allies" cities and walked away without even being ID'ed. lol

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

edhe

I was playing this last night and experienced two shutdowns within the same 30 minutes of play - I'd started playing for about 30 minutes, had a crash, played for 15 minutes before suspending the game to have my evening meal, then it crashed again!

Afterwards, I was able to play for quite a long time, but I've had the game shut down unexpectedly multiple times since I've first started playing. Incidentally, I had the same issue with LA Noire - also by 2K, but that could be incidental.
I've been playing on the largest map, and each turn takes quite a long time to finish (I've since revealed a city state which seems to have been spamming out units), so that could be a factor, but I was wondering if anyone is experiencing a similar issue.

In my game, I'm nearing victory - I've eliminated India, Poland, England, France, Kongo, China and Persia, conquered the Aztecs and Scythia, and am working on Macedon. I've yet to declare on Japan, but they're not too spread out, so I might as well. It's been relatively easy, since I've managed to stay ahead in military tech, but my numbers, not to mention management of the cities I've ammased are suboptimal, and I'd really like the chance to begin with the knowledge I've gained from this first full playthrough.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Heavyarms55

Playing this time with Greece and I managed to do something I have never done before, not even on the PC. I have 5 economic policy slots! I didn't even know you could have more than 4 of one type! My economy is absurd! I am bathing in gold!

@edhe I've had a handful of crashes over the 70ish hours I have put into the game on Switch. But thankfully the game is super good with auto saves, so it's just annoying waiting for it to boot back up.

edhe

I finally eliminated every civilization in my game (and watched their unique 'epilogues'), and one particular city state for good measure (they'd spammed about 30 units to surround their city, but they were no match for my modern tank and its two consecutive attacks!), so for fun, I loaded up an autosave so I could give Tomyris (the final leader) some cities to see what she'd do with them.

If I recall, in Civilization V, civilizations could be "revived" by giving their cities to any surviving civilizations. They would then proceed to liberate them, effectively bringing the original civilization back from the dead. My plan was to then return each city to its original owner, but it seems it doesn't work like that. Either Tomyris is unwilling to liberate any cities she happens to receive, or the functionality isn't there.

But I'm glad I can start a new game now. I think every city I had - before I started razing useless ones, was sufferring from low morale, though not enough to spawn rebels. A lot of the cities were poorly optimised as well, so I'll go in to my next game with that foresight. For example, to mitigate cities sufferring from low morale, if I were to plan out an entertainment district that can reach several cities and confer an amenity to each of them, that would be more optimal than trying to build one in each city.

Finally, there's been a lot of buzz about the newest expansion on the subreddit - I'm keen for them to release it on the Switch, because it introduces a lot of features I think would make the game much more enjoyable for me.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

SilverEdge92

This game has shown me that I'm not cut out for politics — no matter what I do, people are always pissed off and declaring war on me.

And how do Naturalists work? When I move them on Forest or Rainforest tiles, nothing happens.

SilverEdge92

Nintendo Network ID: SilverEdge92

Heavyarms55

Has there been any word on the later DLCs coming to the Switch version?

@SilverEdge92 Don't worry, everyone hates everyone in this game unless you sufficiently bribe them.

Justifier

I really hope that the dlc will come. I believe that only reason Rise and Fall is not included is that they can sell it (they didn't want to give it free). It is just matter of time I suppose.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0456-5973-9496 | 3DS Friend Code: 0533-4480-5285 | Nintendo Network ID: Justifier

toiletduck

@SilverEdge92 it's quite hard to make it work. They have to be able to stand on one of the spots, a spot with a sufficiently high appeal, all four tiles have to be of a certain minimum appeal or mountain/natural wonder and it has to have the form of a vertical rhombus (I googled that last word ). It's not that easy, so you may want to look up some video example on YouTube.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Late

@SilverEdge92 Also, to add to what @toiletduck said, when you select your naturalist, the game highlights places where you can build a national park. There's a good chance you just don't have required space for it since the requirements are somewhat hard to fulfill.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Justifier

And usually, If you do have a spot for natural park, there is a advisor symbol next to naturalist, so you don't buy one only to find you can't use him/her.

90 hours in. Still hope we have dlc one day.

SilverEdge92

@toiletduck and @Late So the Naturalist is something I shouldn't bother with unless I'm specifically trying to get a Culture victory. Got it. Thank you.

SilverEdge92

Nintendo Network ID: SilverEdge92

edhe

@SilverEdge92

If I'm not mistaken, national parks offer an amenity boost, so they might be worth investing in all the same.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Heavyarms55

@edhe I think it is appeal that they boost, so that when you build neighborhoods nearby they will have more housing.

On another note, what's the biggest city you guys have built? I had a Rome with 4 sources of rice and by the end of the game the population was at 25 or 26. It was kinda nuts.

toiletduck

@SilverEdge92 @edhe @Heavyarms55 It provides a maximum of 6 amenities, next to tourism. This page sheds some more light on the matter. There's also some useful vids on youtube, pretty easy to find.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Lroy

Anyone else played through the tutorial? Got the game for Xmas and only recently set the time aside to dive in. I have attempted to beat/finish the tutorial - I know I can create my own game and will now do so - on three occasions without success.

The first two attempts at the tutorial, I ran into a glitch when placing the first campus you build. This is about turn 26 (approx 45 mins to an hour in). The game basically, no longer registers the A button.

Having stumbled upon a ‘fix’ (bizarre one at that) in which you make sure NOT to have any units fortified or any unit on ‘auto-move’ the tutorial will allow you to proceed and place the campus.

However, the tutorial is not save enabled and now several hrs invested, I am on turn 400 plus and still the tutorial hasn’t come to an end.

I can imagine this would be quite off-putting to some newcomers. Just wondered if anyone here had managed to play the tutorial to its conclusion? How many turns, any glitches like I encountered?

As stated above, I will just have to nuke this tutorial play through - can’t play any other Switch games with it still running and not being able to save is infuriating - and go ahead and just learn as I go in the proper game. Shame the game has such a non-user friendly tutorial though.

Edited on by Lroy

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic