Forums

Topic: Civilization VI

Posts 121 to 140 of 409

Taya

At 2:30am I had to save and quit even though I’m in the middle of a war. My eyes are burning because been playing all day. Very addicting game.

Taya

edhe

@Taya Civ claims another victim.

Just noticed the topic tag "goodbye life". I'm curious to give this a try.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Farmboy74

So Civ 6 came yesterday, I’d never played a Civilization game before. Started playing at 8pm with my 12 year watching. He went bed at 9.30pm, I didn’t get to bed until 2.00am. Going to have some time limits playing this game, told myself I was going to stop at 12.00am was still going at 1.55am.

Farmboy74

JasmineDragon

smirks as a whole new generation of gamers learns the dangers of playing "just one more turn".

Y'all are making me jealous. I was out shopping yesterday and this was sold out at both Target and Gamestop. Will try again today.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

Tale

That "one more turn" is so true that it is even absurd. I was going to bed, one more turn, two more minutes. I made it to bed an hour later.

Tale

Mountain_Man

"Just one more turn..."

2-hours later: "Curse you, Sid Meier!"

The Mountain Man

JaxonH

@Mountain_Man
Ya, chances are I may never even play the DLC, but I want it just on principle of the fact I adore this game, the game that convinced me to get a PC. I want to not only support the game, but support the game on Switch. On top of that I just love the game so much I want to have all the content so that I have the most variety on offer when I do play because you never know what you'll be in the mood for, so the more options the better.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Quarth

I want this. I’m getting this. Don’t know if I’ll be good at it, but damn do I want it!

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

Heavyarms55

So far I am really happy with how well it runs on the Switch! Though I did notice some audio bugs(static), presumably from the compression? I played for about 4.5 hours this weekend on low difficulty and the largest map size, just to test how it runs. So far, very nice.

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

toiletduck

Found another review here, also positive. These reviews, combined with the positive user feedback everywhere got me over the fence. I'm not in a hurry though since I don't really have the time to play a lot this week, so I'll wait for Black Friday. Not that I really expect a price drop for this so soon, but who knows what kind of 3 for 2 or 'pick your discount' kinda deals may be presented.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Mountain_Man

The dearth of reviews is somewhat disheartening. In my opinion, Civ 6 for the Switch is as big a release as Diablo 3, but it seems to have flown almost entirely under the radar. Not even NintendoLife has bothered to post a review. I hope this doesn't negatively impact sales.

Perhaps that's just an unfortunate side effect of being released on the same day as that Pokemon game.

The Mountain Man

Roamer

Barbarians seem a bigger threat in this civ. you need to stamp on them early or they can be a real annoyance.

Switch: Dragon Quest Builders 2, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Valkyria Chronicles, Shin Megami Tensei
PC: Farming Simulator 22

JaxonH

@Mountain_Man
I hope this doesn't negatively impact sales

Oh... it will. Unfortunately, all but the most dedicated gamers who follow releases will care. And even most on this site only buy games they see getting hyped. I totally agree, Civ VI just just as big a release as Diablo, but nobody seems to care. Probably the high barrier to entry, so even those with the game haven't had a chance to properly engage it yet.

But ya, NintendoLife is slacking hard with reviews. They only just now (like, a day ago or something like that) posted their review for World of Final Fantasy. Civ VI will be lucky to see a review by year's end.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Freelance

It's kinda funny seeing all these positive reviews when at launch PC gamers were crying foul for weeks/months/whatever

Freelance

BrainOfGrimlock

@Freelance whilst it doesn’t have the expansion they have included a lot of the patch/balance fixes from the PC version here which i think has helped that a lot?

BrainOfGrimlock

JasmineDragon

I don't think there is any real need to worry about sales. Civilization is a series in a niche of its own, and I don't think it was ever going to be the hottest game of the month but it should have a very long tail.

My personal hope is that it sells well enough over time that it might convince other 4X and grand strategy publishers to port their own games to Switch. I'm dying to play Galactic Civilizations or Europa Universalis on the Switch.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

Farmboy74

@Roamer, agreed you see a barbarian scout near your Civ, you need to kill it before it gets back to its camp. Don’t do that and you’ll have a horde to worry about

Farmboy74

Late

I've been reading this thread daily to gather some more impressions on the game (mainly interested in the performace) and I'm certainly going to buy it, but it has to wait until I've played Let's Go and Smash. I don't want Smash and Civ to eat into each other. I'll play older Civilizations on my PC until then if needed.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Roamer

@Farmboy74 yeah I’m now building two slingers as first units. Not bothering at all with scouts. I scout with slingers and take out barbarians with them. Get archers quicker then too

Switch: Dragon Quest Builders 2, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Valkyria Chronicles, Shin Megami Tensei
PC: Farming Simulator 22

Ecto-1

This game really impresses me. I haven't come across any bugs or performance issues. I wasn't sure how well I would adjust to this one as I had only played Civilization Revolution, but so far so good!

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic