Forums

Topic: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

Posts 121 to 132 of 132

Octane

Octane wrote:

I want a sequel. Captain Toad: Treasure Trucker. Same levels, but he just bulldozes through them in a big truck. And there's a honk button.

No sequel, but DLC instead. I have the Wii U version, don't own the Switch version. I'm not willing to double dip for €40, so I hope it gets a price cut somewhere soon.

Octane

LawnChairMan

i am disappointed in the lack of dlc on the 3ds version.

Now it's Reyn time

My Nintendo: Rice

MarioVillager92

Granted, the 3DS is on its way out, but yeah, kinda lame that neither the 3DS nor the Wii U are getting the DLC levels. Maybe I'll get it on Switch and its DLC, even though I have it on Wii U.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Octane

So, I just read there are only 5 new levels in the DLC, I thought there were 18, like a complete new book. Does anyone know what those other 18 levels are?

Octane

1UP_MARIO

@Octane it’s a whole new special book that has more than 5 pages so hopefully more

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Moroboshi876

I'm angry about the decision too. I haven't bought the 3DS version, but I was planning to. I decided not to sell my Wii U copy and buy the Switch version, because I wanted to keep playing with my beloved Wii U, but was willing to double dip with 3DS version for the 3D effect and the few different levels. Now if I want more levels I should get Switch version, but it doesn't have 3D. They have been miserable in this.

Switch code: SW-2291-6286-4620

Nintendo 3DS code: 2879-0476-7598

My Nintendo: Toni | Twitter:

rallydefault

@WaveWitch
I disagree, the cursor doesn't bother me that much, and you're also not entirely correct about the function of the cursor. Yes, you can (very briefly) stun enemies, but you cannot use it to collect coins on your own; you can only collect coins with the cursor if you have a second player throwing turnips at the coins. It's not instant, either, like gathering the bits in Galaxy or something, they have to throw the turnip and actually hit the coins to get them (exact same as how you do it in the mine cart stages).

I own both versions and I love both. There's zero reason for me to go back to the Wii U version, the Switch version is awesome.

Your comment is weird, though. You're acting like you've put time into the game, but then you say you're gonna "skip" it. I assume you're basing off the demo?

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

Link41x

It is sad to see the DLC never made its way to the 3DS version, which is the only version I own.

PSN ID: Linkx41

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9590-3292 | Nintendo Network ID: Link41

Bolt_Strike

I wouldn't mind the rumored sequel, Captain Toad is fun enough, but I'm not exactly banging on the door for it. I'd actually be mildly surprised if a sequel actually happens, because IIRC the first game didn't do all that well.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

rockodoodle

I double dipped on this game, but it was so that I could play with a friend and not have to bring my WiiU.it has been so long since I have played that I feel like it’s new again. Why didn’t they just include the DLC in the original game? I think it would have sold better and maybe even attracted more who had it the first time too.

rockodoodle

rallydefault

@WaveWitch
I'm mostly playing with my wife, so she's controlling the cursor at any rate. But when I'm playing alone it really doesn't bother me. I'm using the pro controller and can usually just dip it to the bottom of the screen especially on levels that don't need it much.

Honestly I prefer the cursor just being there to click on things rather than having to poke stuff with my finger on a pad.

rallydefault

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic