Forums

Topic: Buying early, or not?

Posts 161 to 175 of 175

jump

I've given in and pre-ordered one, hopefully Arms & Yooka Laylee aren't long waits or Bomberman, Oceanhorrne, & Disgea 5 are top quality releases as I don't want to have spunked all that money for just Zelda when I could of got it on the Wii U instead.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Leon_Kennedy

Probably get Zelda on the wii u and it get it when mario odyssey comes out, or whenever I beat Zelda and get round to beating xenoblade...

Leon_Kennedy

dAvecaster

No I won't be buying early. Not at that price and not for those games. Simples!

dAvecaster

rallydefault

@Monkey_Balls lol YES people are getting exciting for Bomberman!!!! Did you not live through the 90s?

Anyway, do you think every launch game has already been announced? Honest question.

rallydefault

Octane

rallydefault wrote:

Anyway, do you think every launch game has already been announced? Honest question.

If they haven't announced all the launch games yet, then what are doing!? This was the right time to announce all of that. The system releases in less than seven weeks, you'd think that now of all times would be the time to announce your launch line-up? This just generates bad press.

Octane

FragRed

@Octane Its Nintendo and more importantly this seems very much like something that came from Japan HQ in terms of the lack of announcements. Maybe these are the Japan launch games whereas the West have yet more to be announced, especially if from third party developers.

I think Nintendo should have created a line up of physical versions of some of the planned launch eShop games as it would make the system look like there was a decent number of titles when on the shop floor.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

rallydefault

@Octane Well, we know for a fact that they haven't announced all the games yet. There was a tweet from a Nintendo dev. If somebody has that tweet, feel free to post it, because I'm not gonna waste 15 minutes looking for it right now.

Anyway, they had an hour, man - 1 hour for a console launch, basically. They had to cover hardware and games for all major territories. You think, logically, they could fit ALL the games of the launch window into that amount of time? Like @FragRed said, anyone could tell the event was Japan-heavy. There are definitely more Western games that we'll hear about.

rallydefault

Octane

@rallydefault This tweet: https://twitter.com/DWBakes/status/820007317102088192

It doesn't specify launch games, he's just talking about game reveals.

Well, nobody was stopping them from talking about games for another 30 minutes. Considering they had that three devs coming up on stage talking about nothing more than hypothetical games without any trailers or footage, I say they had more than enough time. As I suggested in the Switch thread, they should've had Ubisoft there on stage talking about Just Dance, Steep and Rayman Legends, at least they have confirmed games (two of them being launch titles) and they have trailers and gameplay footage to show.

Octane

rockodoodle

Yeah, I will get it on launch day. I love handheld systems. Zelda is a huge game and should keep me busy....and then I have a ton of other games that I can play on other systems till more come out on the Switch.

rockodoodle

nintykid

@Octane
Exactly! It's not like they only had one hour to cram everything in the presentation. The time length was their call. Definitely not getting this one early on. Previous experience tells me to wait and see what happens. And besides BOTW, there are no new games that truly excite me.

nintykid

rallydefault

nintykid wrote:

@Octane
Exactly! It's not like they only had one hour to cram everything in the presentation. The time length was their call. Definitely not getting this one early on. Previous experience tells me to wait and see what happens. And besides BOTW, there are no new games that truly excite me.

Yea, I agree - it would've been nice if Nintendo hosted something that was hours and hours long, but come on, be honest - do you guys have experience in scheduling, coordinating, paying for a massive presentation of something like this? I sure don't, therefore I have no idea what factored into their call to make it strictly an hour long, and whatever they could fit in, they would fit in.

Maybe it was only an hour because that's what Nintendo decided it wanted to budget and coordinate for. That kind of event isn't cheap. And now they're hosting all of these smaller things in cities leading up to the launch. All of this stuff needs to be budgeted and accounted for by a lot of people. That's why E3 presentations and such are also limited-time affairs.

rallydefault

ProjectX1991

Monkey_Balls wrote:

Here in the UK, Switch pre-orders can be found everywhere. There is hardly any interest.

Really? Amazon and Game are completely sold out - Argos stock levels are low and the only other current "big sellers" are Nintendo UK and Tesco which have stock...regardless of how many units are actually available and the fact you can still preorder comfortably on one site and then have the possibility of a two other sites out of five, I wouldn't say there's hardly any interest...

Edited on by ProjectX1991

ProjectX1991

Andrzej777

I think I will buy it in July/August. Thats a good point in time IMHO. Probably together with botw, mk8 and splatoon 2. So I will have a great adventure game to play solo and two awesome multiplayer games and I will be able to get a glimpse of nintendos 'improved' online service for free. Besides a couple of months into there should be more announcements and also a general feel of how successfull the switch has been.

Andrzej777

DjLewe78

I will get it on day 1 and my pre order consists of a Switch, Pro controller, Zelda and 1-2 switch (I think that will be a cool family style game for everyone to play). I think there is more news to come regarding "switching" all my Apps from WIIU as Reggie has acknowledged the concern from fans.
I don't get to play for hours anymore due to work and being married so Zelda will probably last me until MARIO comes out!

1 up !

DepthInGaming

I was originally going to wait until Mario came out, but decided to preorder today. I've had the PS4 (Sold it) and have an Xbox One S and I'm really not excited for that many video games for the remainder of the year and I haven't had a Nintendo console since Gamecube.

I assume Nintendo drops a Switch/Mario/Zelda bundle this holiday, but I think we are a ways off from any major console changes.

Capturing the depth and beauty of video games on Twitter!

Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.