Forums

Topic: Buying early, or not?

Posts 121 to 140 of 175

zitpig

Definitely not now.

zitpig

BigOnBricks

I pre-ordered the Wii and WiiU but I'm skipping this for now. Launch titles are weak except for Zelda IMO. I need to see more before I commit.

Edited on by BigOnBricks

BigOnBricks

meleebrawler

I don't see why everyone feels so ''betrayed'' by the launch lineup. The only questionable aspect of it for me is not making 1-2-Switch a free pack-in like Wii Sports and Nintendoland, but then not everyone can actually play it. Other than that, it follows the standard ''1 Mario or Zelda with optional tech-demo first party and/or third parties''.

I'll snag one whenever it's convenient. Either I get it early and enjoy Breath Of The Wild until more games roll in (which really isn't that long), or I don't and also benefit from waiting for the growing line-up. Win-win. You never pre-order unless you literally do not care what games are available for launch and just want to have the console no matter what.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Julius_Senpai

I think I will get the console on day one with Zelda. I would hope for more launch titles to be announced until then, but Breath of the Wild will probably keep my busy for a while as I usually don't have time to play more than two hours a day. Despite the thin launch lineup I'm intrigued by the concept of the Switch and I want to support that.

Julius_Senpai

CaPPa

I would have bought it at launch but now I'm undecided. I'll want Zelda but I do have the option of the Wii U version and as April is an expensive month for me (3 birthdays and the Calgary Expo) I'm thinking of waiting until May/June before picking up the NS.

The system is still a must have though. The joy-cons look fantastic, bringing back memories of the Wii remote (in a good way). There's serious killer apps on the horizon too with Zelda, Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade 2; plus I'm sure that Nintendo is holding back announcements for E3.

CaPPa

dumedum

I preordered but not because I got to play the new games right away (though Zelda really is enough to launch any system unless you're okay to play the Wii U version) . The reason is simply not to hunt this stuff down later with efforts and frustration when I want it because it's not known yet whether it will be available normally or hard to get again.

Edited on by dumedum

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

Undead_terror

Definitely waiting a year or so on this one to see how it does, hopefully there is no ambassador program I will be missing out on.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

KamauPotter

I could still be persuaded to purchase around launch time, but given the current line-up, it's unlikely. I'll get mine before Christmas though for sure.

KamauPotter

banacheck

I'm holding off mainly because the game's I am looking forwards to are releasing later in the year, hopefully by then Nintendo will be doing bundles like Zelda or Super Mario Odyssey with the Switch. Also by then we'll know about more game's, the benefits of paying to play online & how much it'll cost etc seeing as the first few months are going to be free.

banacheck

Andrzej777

I dont like supporting greedy companies so my initial reaction was quite negative. Now I have calmed down and think christmas will be a good opportunity. I am buying it anyway no matter how succesful its gonna be. However, pricing still matters. So a bundle would be cool, a price drop is probably unlikely so soon.
More games will probably be announced until christmas. Zelda and mario should keep me busy for quite some time I guess.

Andrzej777

crimsontadpoles

I'm gonna wait. Even though I'm a Nintendo fan, I'm way more tempted to get a PS4 Slim right now, since it's cheaper, more powerful, and currently has a much greater selection of games.

I could see myself grabbing a Switch a year or two down the line. However, it'll need either a price cut or a greater selection of games before I get one.

My Anime List
I want you to make contracts with me and become magical girls!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5487-8712-2210 | 3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889 | Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

Haru17

The Breath effects and draw distance both look faded and thin on Wii U. I've pre-ordered a Switch and am going to play the superior version of Twilight Princess first this time. One game is enough: You do not compromise with Zelda.

Make the Switch.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

6ch6ris6

the wiiU version of zelda will be way weaker in terms of graphics. just look at the videos of the wiiU version and compare it to the switch version. a lot of pop ups, blurry textures and so on.

i will not get the switch because i just don't have the money right now and i need to see what they are doing at e3. mario odyssey looks great but so far there is no must buy for me.

i hope the price will drop within a year and i am actually almost sure it will. this all reminds me of the situation the 3DS was in. maybe we will get an ambassador program again.

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Andrzej777

6ch6ris6 wrote:

the wiiU version of zelda will be way weaker in terms of graphics. just look at the videos of the wiiU version and compare it to the switch version. a lot of pop ups, blurry textures and so on.

i will not get the switch because i just don't have the money right now and i need to see what they are doing at e3. mario odyssey looks great but so far there is no must buy for me.

i hope the price will drop within a year and i am actually almost sure it will. this all reminds me of the situation the 3DS was in. maybe we will get an ambassador program again.

You could be right. It would be a little bit foolish to buy it that early. Zelda is tempting imo but I can wait. I think nintendo wants to try out and see how it sells without any bigger incentives. Sales should hopefully slow down during summer and nintendo might feel obliged to create some special deals for christmas.
Good things come to those who wait.
Buying a console day one has had any real benefits. Its not like they are doing something totally out of the ordinary that would revolutionize gaming as we know it, well at least as far as I am concerned.

Andrzej777

CrazyOtto

3DS and Wii U are the only two systems I've bought launch day. I may not be able to get a Switch launch day though.

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

Sinister

Launch lineup seems rather week and so far there only 3 titles announced for the first year i would consider buying. One of those is an enhanced port and ne is released on the WiiU as well.
Thought Nintendo would have learned from the last two launch desasters.

Oh yeah and price is way higher than i expected.
And having to pay for online gaming ... yeah no thank you. That pretty much kills Splatoon for me and Mario Kart is limited to local multiplayer. Shame i got noone to play these games with locally. Because i am the last gamer left in my local friends group.

Edited on by Sinister

3DS FC: 4553-9946-1131

shani

6ch6ris6 wrote:

In return, you only get the definitive version of BotW on Wii U. Because only the Wii U has a second screen.
And who cares about the graphics? This is not a PC game, so every console game will always have suboptimal graphics. Previous LoZ games also didn't have state-of-the-art graphics (the Switch version doesn't either) and the games were still beautiful. As long as it doesn't run @10fps I'm okay with playing the Wii U version.
One indication that it will run smoothly on Wii U: It's only half as big (filesize) as XCX. And while XCX didn't look polished, it did run smoothly on Wii U. So I have no concerns about performance. Nintendo always managed to get the most performance out of their console with their 3D Zelda games (OoT, TP, SS). Those games always graphically surpassed any other game on the respective systems by a mile.

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

Octane

@shani Zelda doesn't use the GamePad screen on the Wii U though.. It's the same version as the Switch, except that the Switch seems to have a more consistent framerate. I'd argue that the Switch is the definitive version in this case.

Octane

shani

@Octane Huh, since when?! I just wanted to post a link from the 2014 presentation but then I saw the news from June... that's really ridiculous! They removed a great feature that was advertised for the game before, only because they don't want the Wii U version to be superior to the Switch version. Unbelievable!
The even forced Aonuma to make this statement, which is a lame excuse: “We realized that having something on the GamePad and looking back and forth between the TV screen and the GamePad actually disrupts the gameplay, and the concentration that the game player may be experiencing."
This was the main feature of the Wii U. For many years they advertised it and told us how great it is (and it is!). Now they are reversing their stance and say it's a distraction? Really?
It's obvious they only do this to make the Switch look better. That's pathetic.

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.