Forums

Topic: Buying early, or not?

Posts 101 to 120 of 175

Shinion

Once we know the important stuff (price, launch games, 2017 games, availability lol) then as with every other product one same question needs answering:

"Do you want to buy a Nintendo Switch at launch?"

If your answer is 'yes', then buy it. If your answer is 'no', then do not buy it.

There will be reviews for both the hardware and software as well as many previews over the next few months. Everyone should be able to make a fully informed purchase, and subsequently we shouldn't need to have the trite "grr I'm so burned by my fully informed purchase!" like people have literally no self-control.

I'm not buying at launch, though I look forward to March nevertheless for peoples' thoughts on it and hoping that most people are happy.

And I'd also like to buy BoTW Wi U ASAP so if that releases in March too then yay.

Shinion

SPMarioSousa95

Will probably get it for Christmas or in mid 2018 if the price is confirmed to be no more than 250e (for the basic pack) and it gets decent western 3rd party support.

SPMarioSousa95

Ryu_Niiyama

The January presentation is going to determine if I will be a day one buyer or not at this point. I have a huge backlog, so I'm not dying for a new system.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

spizzamarozzi

Absolutely not going to buy it until at least one year from launch, if not more.
At launch, the eShop will be empty, the games will be overpriced and 85% of them are going to suck anyway (or be available somewhere else for a fraction of the price).
Launch line up is easy, any company can stack up 20 or 25 games to be available at launch, regardless of quality. But the hard part is that Nintendo has to guarantee they can keep a steady flow of good to great games for the following years and the only way to see if they can deliver is to wait and see.
I do not regret buying a WiiU but having to wait five months to get a decent game for a console that was supposed to be at its apex is something I don't particularly look forward to.
Besides, there's so much stuff I want to play on WiiU that buying a new console for a price that will eventually be cut 6 months after launch seems a waste of money.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

PrincessSugoi

Preordering as soon as I can get to a Gamestop on Friday.

The console itself was enough for me to get it Day One as it seems like it was made just for me. <3 But if there was any doubt, it's being melted away by the potential launch lineup.

Current Playlist: Age of Calamity, Stardew Valley, ACNH

Hopeless permanent resident of Idol Hell.

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

rallydefault

@spizzamarozzi
Pretty logical. My issue is that I'm pretty much done with my Wii U. I've played everything I want to play on it, and I don't touch my Xbox/PS anymore (really regret buying the PS especially, to be honest). So... yea. I'm buying a Switch day one because I want to get back into gaming, and I've only been playing some 3DS stuff from time to time for a few months now.

rallydefault

6ch6ris6

i probably won't buy the switch early, because i think i need to save money on games for the next months. i need a new flat and a medical service that my insurance won't pay for.

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

sentiententity

I'll be waiting at least a year. No need for me to pay full price for everything.

sentiententity

blaisedinsd

Launch games list doesn't seem convincing if I can be playing Breath of the Wild on my Wii U

SW-7087-5868-6390

DefHalan

Nope, I am good to wait

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Tasuki

Nope. The only game I want at launch is Zelda and I have a Wii U for that.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Octane

Same here, I'll get Zelda on the Wii U. I can wait.

Octane

Ryu_Niiyama

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

The January presentation is going to determine if I will be a day one buyer or not at this point. I have a huge backlog, so I'm not dying for a new system.

Hits past self. Welp I'm getting this and the Master Edition of Zelda. You got me Nintendo. Here is my bank account info.....

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Ralizah

I don't know. Depends how difficult it is to preorder one on Amazon.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Honelith

I really liked Xenoblade Chronicles X on the WiiU, but the game ran in 720p on my 1080p monitor which looked pretty bad and was especially noticable when all the other WiiU games I have would use 1080p, it was a real downer for me. So, I'll be avoiding Breath of the Wild for the WiiU for that reason alone, the game will only run in 720p sadly.

Zelda Breath of the Wild, Fire Emblem Warriors, Super Bomberman R, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Super Mario Odyssey are great looking releases and no region lock on the Switch has made it a definite purchase from me.

Honelith

Switch Friend Code: SW-0658-7331-4900

Luna_110

I'll get it at the end of March if its available in NY when I travel. If not, late April when I come back. Still, I'll get it this year.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

kobashi100

I have pre ordered but it's over priced and the software at launch is not great.

I can only see the switch bombing hard. A straight up handheld with cheaper costs would have been a better decision by Nintendo

kobashi100

jump

The launch line up is too weak for me to commit, if it had Zelda bundled it would of helped alot with persuading me but for the price and having me wait til Sumer for Splatoon 2 for something else to play hasn't gotten me yet.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Ralizah

EDIT: Nevermind, managed to snag a preorder thanks to a heads-up from a kind soul in the Treehouse chat

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Andrzej777

Definitely holding off for a while, xmas 2017 at the earliest. I wanna see where this is all heading to. The whole pricing is another example of nintendos increasing greediness and cheaping out its fanbase. IMHO they could have at least tried to make it up for the whole wii u disappointment. Instead they are coming back as expensive as it gets. Wonder how sales will fare. I even thought about buying botw for the wii u and calling it quits but in the end I am gonna buy the switch anyway, just maybe not that early on and probably wait until there is a really good deal for it, bundlewise or pricewise, a nintendo selects line etc. I might actually totally skip online gaming. Its mostly during weekends that I play mk8 and not that much. If its free than it doesnt matter, but if I have to subscribe for lets say a year and then dont really make use of it than its not a good investment, will see about that, though. Hopefully they will bring different models of paying for this kind of service, something like a premium and basic one.

Andrzej777

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.