Forums

Topic: Bayonetta 1, 2, and 3?!

Posts 161 to 180 of 238

jump

Grumblevolcano wrote:

nintendobynature The key tip about Platinum's games (of course it applies to every game with a difficulty select but is extremely important with Platinum's games) is there's nothing wrong with playing on an easier difficulty.

Just remember to lie about playing it on easy as you will be judged!!!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

NintendoByNature

Thanks for the feedback guys. It's $30 on both eshops ( switch and Wii u) for bayonetta 1 but 2 is quite higher on switch. So It boils down to physical for either platform. I wish there was a sale on it though as its been out on switch for over a year now. I think I'll wait a little longer to see if It comes down in price and when it does I'll grab it quick

NintendoByNature

BenGrimm

Honestly I struggled to get into the game until I did drop the difficulty and I’m enjoying it a lot more now. Actually looking forward to finishing the game and starting on 2.

BenGrimm

link3710

@BenGrimm Just a warning, the difficulties in 1&2 don't exactly match up. You're gonna want to probably go up a difficulty in 2 to keep it about the same between games. But yeah, I think the early game of Bayo 1 is the worst part of either game so far (though Bayo 2 has the same sort of slow start, it's not as bad). Hopefully Bayo 3's opening will be better.

link3710

BenGrimm

@link3710

Cheers, think another member on here warned me about that before on another thread so I’ll definitely remember.

BenGrimm

link3710

@nintendobynature 2 is by far a smoother (But also easier) experience, and there's some story spoilers for 1 in 2. That said you can probably get away with playing them in either order if you don't mind the spoilers.

link3710

NintendoByNature

@link3710 cool, I wana wait for a sale on them but more and more I'm close to just buying it and biting the bullet

NintendoByNature

judaspete

link3710 wrote:

@nintendobynature 2 is by far a smoother (But also easier) experience, and there's some story spoilers for 1 in 2. That said you can probably get away with playing them in either order if you don't mind the spoilers.

I'd say starting with 2 is fine. The story is absurd and really just kinda there to set up situations for Bayonetta to make sassy banter. Plus 2 is easier to get into from a gameplay perspective, and it will probably make getting through 1 less frustrating. Definitely play through 1 eventually though. The final level in that game is one of the greatest things that has ever happened.

judaspete

My Nintendo: judaspete | Nintendo Network ID: judaspete

cambotero

If you buy one of them at the eShop for Switch, you'll get 10 bucks discount for the other, IIRC.

nintendobynature wrote:

Thanks for the feedback guys. It's $30 on both eshops ( switch and Wii u) for bayonetta 1 but 2 is quite higher on switch. So It boils down to physical for either platform. I wish there was a sale on it though as its been out on switch for over a year now. I think I'll wait a little longer to see if It comes down in price and when it does I'll grab it quick

cambotero

BruceCM

cambotero wrote:

If you buy one of them at the eShop for Switch, you'll get 10 bucks discount for the other, IIRC.

Yeah.... I got Bayonetta 2 physical, which obviously had the code for 1. Traded physical in & still had discount on digital 2, so I ended up saving quite a bit

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

JasmineDragon

I think 2 is a much smoother experience to start out with. I played 1 for a little bit, switched to 2, eventually bumped it down to Easy mode and had an absolute blast. I'm only now returning to 1 (on Easy again) and am enjoying it much more than the first time around. My goal is to finsh both game on Easy and then give normal difficulty another shot.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

NintendoByNature

As much as a hate buying used games I might just grab 1 and 2 on wii u. It's only $20 at gamestop.. if i end up not liking it I didn't pay full price i guess

NintendoByNature

Grumblevolcano

@nintendobynature Don't fall for that mistake, you won't be getting Bayonetta 1 with those used copies. It's a download code just like Switch so used copies will likely already have used the code. Only Wii U special editions (first print and physical double pack in Europe) and the Japan Switch special edition have a physical copy of Bayonetta 1.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JasmineDragon

@nintendobynature Yeah, what Grumblevolcano said. Bayonetta 2 is still worth at least $20 IMO, but know that you're definitely not getting Bayo 1 out of that.

This is the number one reason I hate partial-digital releases and will go out of my way to buy physical.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

NintendoByNature

@Grumblevolcano that's odd and I appreciate the heads up but what's confusing is it has two options for used bayonetta 2. One with bayonetta 2 only ($10) and the other that says with bonus bayonetta 1 disc ($20). I'll walk in and check it out. I'll let you know

NintendoByNature

Grumblevolcano

@nintendobynature Bayonetta 2 got re-released in NA as a result of the Smash Ballot results so you have:

• Bayonetta 2 + digital Bayonetta 1 (October 2014 release date)
  • Bayonetta 2 on its own (February 2016 release date)

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic