Forums

Topic: Yooka-Laylee

Posts 1,141 to 1,160 of 1,161

Snaplocket

@rallydefault I dunno, those three complaints seem pretty legit to me. At the very least I would definitely consider them problems while playing the game. Mario Odyssey's pretty much gonna blow this game out of the water and isn't gonna suffer fro the same problems.

Snaplocket

DarthNocturnal

@FlyingFoxy

7 isn't bad...

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8422-1116

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Yes, the game isn't out on Switch yet. But I got an e-mail earlier as a backer for this.

Collector’s Boxie Revealed & Backer Discount!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playtonic/yooka-laylee-a...

https://www.projecttriforce.com/index.php?p=product&id=83

It looks lovely.

I had to use my camera and Twitter account to capture an image as they won't let us get a link directly.

Untitled

Edited on by SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Ralizah

Five minutes of the game in handheld mode.

Doesn't look bad at all!

Edited on by Ralizah

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

Lethal

Only 600p handheld and 900p docked. I think this one took too long to release. Its already $19.99 brand new on the PS4 and XB1.

Edited on by Lethal

Switch Friend Code - SW-1147-4867-6886

Agriculture

This game is incredibly bad. The patch that they released didn't actually fix the core problems with the game. It's still has very boring gameplay and I haven't seen so bad level design since the the 90s. Most games released today has some sort of thought put into how the levels are supposed to lead the player, but Yooka Laylee is just a big mess. Donkey Kong 64 is a master piece in level design in comparison.

The gameplay consists of running around and participating in some of the worst mini games I've ever played. And the power ups you buy makes no sense. You just buy a power up to be able to "transform your character by licking things", then the game explains nothing on how or why. After you've read a guide about it, you'll find out that you're supposed to lick a beehive to turn your character into honey, which makes him sticky and that means you can walk up icy slopes.

And forget about the whole "choice in what you want to unlock first". Mario Odyssey had the incredibly logical way of doing it, by letting you pick between two clearly identifiable levels. In Yooka Laylee you buy random crap that you have no idea what it will do before buying it, and even then it can take you a while to understand and get any use out of what you bought.

I looked forward to this game when it was announced, but it turned out to be the biggest disappointment of the year.

Agriculture

DiscoGentleman

Agriculture wrote:

I haven't seen so bad level design since the the 90s.

I stopped reading there.

Dance | with | the | Disco.
Nintendo Switch Friend Code:
SW-6154-3556-8607
If you are going to send me a friend request, @ mention me ahead of time or your request will be ignored.

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3638-7349 | Nintendo Network ID: DiscoGentleman

Agriculture

DiscoGentleman wrote:

Agriculture wrote:

I haven't seen so bad level design since the the 90s.

I stopped reading there.

The 90s had many games that were completely unplayable. That was what I meant. Of course the 90s also gave us some of the best level design.

Yooka Laylee is at a level where other modern game companies would have stopped it and either cancelled the game, or rebuilt large parts of it to make it playable,

Agriculture

Lethal

I have to agree. I got bored with this game pretty quickly. It falls very short compared to Banjo.

MrGawain

So what do we think- will it be the price it released on other consoles, or the price it is now on other consoles? Or somewhere in between?

Isn't it obvious that Falco Lombardi is actually a parrot?

Spoony_Tech

I think they will go full price as in that same as the other release prices. If they were going to go cheaper I would've thought that would come with the date announcement. I think they're being quite about it because it will be full price. They should launch with a sale and I've been saying that for months now and then go full price.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

rallydefault

@Lethal
In my opinion, even Banjo is not such a great game nowadays. I had those nostalgia glasses on and bought the Banjo remake on Xbox years ago when it first came back out, and I didn't even have the willpower to beat the whole thing. I got a few levels in and realized the childhood sense of whimsy just wasn't coming back.

rallydefault

Lethal

rallydefault wrote:

@Lethal
In my opinion, even Banjo is not such a great game nowadays. I had those nostalgia glasses on and bought the Banjo remake on Xbox years ago when it first came back out, and I didn't even have the willpower to beat the whole thing. I got a few levels in and realized the childhood sense of whimsy just wasn't coming back.

I don't know. I played Banjo again on my Xbox and I loved every bit of it. Yooka-Laylee has terrible level design, bad camera, and simply not an interesting game. I was bored quite quickly.

jump

Has anyone who backed the kickstarter and selected the Switch version heard anything about when they are getting their codes?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

SKTTR

Ohh, Yooka-Laylee's File size is 5,3 GB (same file size as Super Mario Odyssey).
A shame it's not out on retail...
I hope Team17 brings this along with Worms W.M.D and The Escapists 2.

backloggery.com/SKTTR

YummyHappyPills

@jump Soon, and we can pre-load, not sure about playing before the release date though.

Switch FC: SW-5242-2997-2115

Ricube

@hcfwesker I can confirm this. Received my backer code yesterday and in the evening I downloaded the game and it is playable.

Twitter: Ricube

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic