Forums

Topic: Yooka-Laylee

Posts 1,021 to 1,040 of 1,090

hcfwesker

@jump Kickstarter update from earlier today stated codes should be going out soon. And apparently, once we receive our Switch codes, we dont have to wait til the 14th, we can download and play immediately.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playtonic/yooka-laylee-a...

There's a twitter link down in the comments where playtonic confirmed we can download and play once code is received

Friday the 13th Switch Discord: https://discord.gg/KGqkJaN

Nintendo Network ID: hcfwesker | Twitter:

Ricube

@hcfwesker I can confirm this. Received my backer code yesterday and in the evening I downloaded the game and it is playable.

Twitter: Ricube

hcfwesker

Got mine yesterday as well and played for a little bit. My biggest complaint so far is the camera. When trying to set it up manually for some platforming segments it feels delayed and then stutters a bit. It doesn't move smoothly and where you want it; like it moves 8 fps or something and you have to wait til it stutters, at least close to, where you want it. Then when you start moving your character it stutters to a weird angle messing up what you set up half the time.

Edited on by hcfwesker

Friday the 13th Switch Discord: https://discord.gg/KGqkJaN

Nintendo Network ID: hcfwesker | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

I'm still waiting on a sale.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Sisilly_G

If a limited edition is planned, I think they would have announced it by now.

Either way, I'm only slightly tempted at this point. I would have been more tempted if this had been released before Odyssey.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Bunkerneath

Looks like the pre-order of physical has been put back to friday, with info on collectors edition out on Tuesday:

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

erv

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I'm still waiting on a sale.

Lol same here. I've seen it as cheap as 11 euros on my playstation. That console has a backlog of great games for me to play so, uhm, not buying. If that price hits switch, I might pick it up though - but it'll have to be between big hitters like diablo, smash or anything for me.

The fact that they didn't eye a nintendo nx release even though we could all smell that time intersect three miles away really doesn't help this game.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Bunkerneath

Looks Like there is a Collectation edition too for $179.99

Therefore $100 for two coloured vinyl, some stickers and a keyring? Can you say rip-off...
Ah wait, looking at the description you get two copies of the game, what is the point in that?

https://limitedrungames.com/products/yooka-laylee-collectatho...

Untitled

Edited on by Bunkerneath

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

Bunkerneath

Collectors Edition is Sold out after 3 minutes

I AM ERROR

Bunkerneath

Supposedly more Collectors Edition at 6pm EST (11pm BST)

Edited on by Bunkerneath

I AM ERROR

Bunkerneath

And the Collect a thon edition (above) is now sold out too

Same as Collectors Edition, more available at 6pm EST/11pm BST

Edited on by Bunkerneath

I AM ERROR

jump

With the announcement of the sequel I've just picked this up to try 100% it (which I know will never happen) and I noticed the googly eyes baddies again. I love the geniuses of the googly eyes baddies, it was such a trademark of the team to feature them back in the day so works like a weird inverted Easter egg which you have to smack.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Spoony_Tech

@jump Not a sequel. ๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜œ

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

jump

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@jump Not a sequel. ๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜œ

I'm not going to call it a "reimagining", "fresh experience" or the other buzzwords they used as that's ridiculously pretentious

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

CanisWolfred

Downgrade, it's a downgrade. I mean, I might pick it up if it's good, but I can't express enough that I'm disappointed they went with a 2D platformer instead of building on the foundation of the previous game. Even if it turns out to be a stop-gap to fund the next 3D game, I find very little reason to be excited for it.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

the_shpydar

The whole "not a sequel" thing is just silly marketing-speak. I think they're just putting it out there because they know that there are some gamers who are just ridiculous about things like "canon" and such. Of course it's a sequel - it's the next Yooka-Laylee game. Whether or not it directly follows the story from the first game is irrelevant, and the change in game design doesn't make a difference.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Spoony_Tech

@the_shpydar So Travis Strikes Again is a sequel?

MERG said:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic