Forums

Topic: Astral Chain

Posts 221 to 240 of 337

Grumblevolcano

Interesting, Astral Chain has a more stable framerate in handheld mode than docked mode. I encountered major slowdown in File 08 on my first playthrough especially around the middle of the file where Akira goes through a gate and you're cleaning up the rooftop getting rid of other red matter and gates but playing now in handheld mode it's really stable.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DenDen

Now busy with my second playthrough on hardest difficulty for me this is the setting the game should be played on

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

link3710

@DenDen I'm looking forwards to that. As someone who has almost all S+ on PT Standard first try, think it'll actually give me a challenge?

link3710

link3710

I feel like I'm the only person who's never once had trouble with the camera in this game? I don't know what you all are doing, but I never lose sight of what's going on.

link3710

AndyD

Chasing the GIANT Humuclous (spelling) through the city was intense and then fighting that thing on top of the building...

Edited on by AndyD

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

JaxonH

I’ve not had issues with the camera either. You can change the settings to your liking. Such as a fixed camera during combat, following the target under attack, etc. I never have the camera follow the target. Screw that. I want to complete control of my camera, and I don’t want it juttering all over the place as a target hops all over kingdom come. Get the settings right and everything is fine. Get them wrong, and well... I could totally see how some could have issues.

I’m also really good at the platforming. I see a lot of people struggle with that but I’m all aces with the platforming segments. Just takes some practice. Notice the difference of tapping ZR while holding ZL, and holding ZR while holding ZL.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@Galenmereth
The camera setting descriptions are definitely vague but at the end of the day, I don’t really care what it is by default as long as I have the power to get it how I like it.

As for the platforming it doesn’t really matter if it moves your camera because it only takes a split second to send the Legion out and make the jump. I’m quick with it. Even if I have to wrap it around something I’m quick with it. I’ve got the camera situated how I like it before I even send the Legion out.

I haven’t got to the part you’ve gotten to, and maybe it’ll change my mind when I do, but as of right now this is the best Platinum game I’ve ever played. That said, I don’t think a bad section with falling blocks is going to change that opinion. Bayonetta had QTE that I actually did have issues with, and it still ended up being my favorite games.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@Galenmereth
Well you're free to feel that way, but I dont think its unfair, and since it's my opinion to give, what I feel is all that really matters.

I dont buy into into the "only people who have completed a game can have any valid opinion" narrative. I can have an opinion before I even play the game, during my playthrough and after. That opinion may change but 9 times out of 10 it does not.

Otherwise you could then take it even further to the extreme and say "only those who have 100% a game can have a valid opinion" because clearly there's content you haven't experienced by merely "beating" the game.

Maybe if someone only played for 15 min I could see an argument but, if I've played half the game, my opinion isnt going to radically change, even if there's an annoying section later on. It would take a pretty radical departure in consistency to see a radical departure in my opinion.

I dealt with frustrating parts in W101, Bayonetta 1/2 and Nier, even Metal Gear Rising. I have yet to have issues in Astral Chain. Actually I've had a few but it's all been my fault and things I overcame once I figured them out. That could very well change toward the end of the game. I'm not discounting the possibility. But Astral Chain is so good, that even if it does I dont think it'll be enough to change my overall opinion.

Edited on by JaxonH

DenDen

@link3710
Well I didnt get on my first run everything S+ most of the time A and S

But yes this gives a decent challenge Im at file 5 now and gotta say its getting though.

@Galenmereth
Sorry man never had any issues with the camera.
Read more about it but cant see how this can happen.
Also no problems here with the platforming

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

JaxonH

@Galenmereth
Opinions are always subject to change. That's a given and should go without saying.

And I'll be sure to let you know if it does. I just dont think it will.

DenDen

@Galenmereth
Yes on file 5 in my second playthrough on ultimate.
Finished the whole game already

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

NintendoByNature

Ended up finishing the game last night. 18.5 hours in total. Had to do casual on the last boss unfortunately. But for pretty much the entire game, I had it on pt standard. Only 2 other times I had to switch to casual for a boss fight. But this is my game of the year. The only other game that will come close for me in zelda because I've played the dx version tons of times so I know what I'm getting. But yea.....goty

NintendoByNature

RR529

BTW, is there any romance in this game (whether it's your choice, or a set in stone part of the story)?

I only ask because if so it'll affect my choice of avatar.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

darkfenrir

Nope, no romance at all

darkfenrir

kyleforrester87

File 10, no issues with the camera, occasionally I’m not looking at the enemy I’m attacking but I just target someone else...

I maybe missed 1 or 2 platforms but took it as part of the challenge, nothing jumps out at me as particularly bad.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

RR529

@darkfenrir, thanks.

Anyhow, I got my replacement copy in today... as well as the original lost one. Hopefully they don't charge me twice (I'll see about returning one copy in store this weekend).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Mountain_Man

I found one thing I don't like about this game:

You'll be happily exploring, planning to go back to things you might have missed, but then suddenly you'll trigger a cut-scene, and the way back is blocked by those orange holograms. So frustrating!

The Mountain Man

Mountain_Man

RR529 wrote:

BTW, is there any romance in this game (whether it's your choice, or a set in stone part of the story)?

Considering the two main protagonists are brother and sister, I'd hope there was no romance!

The Mountain Man

RR529

Just started it this evening. I'm loving the style so far, but not much else to say about it yet. Cleared the first mission, switched up the difficulty to Standard to see if I can handle it, did the training exercises and then quit for the moment.

Mountain_Man wrote:

RR529 wrote:

Considering the two main protagonists are brother and sister, I'd hope there was no romance!

It's not like they're the only characters in the game or anything, which is why I asked.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

link3710

@RR529 I mean, technically there is a character with a crush on you, but it doesn't change the dialogue at all based on gender as far as I can tell, and it's a minor sidequest character. That's the only thing I'm aware of so far.

@Mountain_Man Ugh, tell me about it. Astral Chain is leagues beyond where Platinum used to be (try Bayonetta 1 some time, it had lockouts galore), but they still have enough lockouts without warning that it's a constant issue. Luckily it seems to have lightened up significantly in the back end of the game (the entire last file I played didn't have a single lockout without a specific warning), but the early game was rough about it.

link3710

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic