Forums

Topic: ARMS

Posts 641 to 660 of 1,369

NightMoon

Twintelle ability is pretty good. Slows down the punches and grabs long enough to deflect them. I think al least, had no luck with grabs. Still working on that. However she isn't my type of fighter. The more heavy hitters or quick ones arm more my thing.

NightMoon

Switch Friend Code: SW-1763-0139-7023 | Nintendo Network ID: NightMoonArt

Haruki_NLI

@KirbyTheVampire Im not sure either. Ill probably dedicate time to more fighters tomorrow.

Tried Helix, Ninjara, Twintelle and Mechanica. So thats 4 to try still unused.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

-Green-

People really love spamming grabs for no reason.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

IceClimbers

During one of my hoops matches the person I was playing against managed to time it right to where I was grabbed the moment the standing up animation finished. Got dunked like 3-4 times in a row because of that and couldn't do anything about it.

Edited on by IceClimbers

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

meleebrawler

Hedlok in party mode is certainly a good way to reduce salt levels. Can't stay mad at the person who beat you when you all have to work together now

A certain Ninjara I fought just spammed dashes (not poofing, just ground dashes) to make himself evasive. I just threw punches at a safe distance to build meter, secured a lead with a flurry and easily timed him out since he never adapted and tried to retake initiative. And also fought a Ribbon Girl who clearly did not know of her multiple jumps.

I didn't use her, but Twintelle's slowing just doesn't seem to be all that it's cracked up to be. It does let her charge more aggressively, and used smartly can help control the pace of the fight but the issue with using it in the air is that, like all air dashes, she is forced to come down afterward. If a punch comes at her when this happens, the most she can do is try to deflect it with one of her own. I nailed one in Hoops several times with a boomerang even as she slowed it in the air, because she just didn't have any options to avoid it.

@KirbyTheVampire I'm fairly certain Twintelle can slow down ANY incoming punch, regardless of targeting or alliance. If true, you could pull some funky shenanigans in 2v2 by slowing one person's punches from behind and "unleashing" them.

@IceClimbers You can maneuver your getup in four directions to throw off your opponent's attempted wake-up punish. Perhaps even move forward so you dodge the grab with invulnerable frames and counter, or delay it slightly.

Edited on by meleebrawler

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Maxz

Lvl. 7 Headlock means business. Though your main enemy is the timer. It's much better at evading, so getting in the required number of hits is a challenge.

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

NightMoon

@-Green- Oh man I faced a Ninjara that was teleporting grabing like nobodies business. I won, he lost.

NightMoon

Switch Friend Code: SW-1763-0139-7023 | Nintendo Network ID: NightMoonArt

Nicolai

Are you serious? I missed the Testpunch, but did I read that right? They announced a boss character by slyly introducing him into the testrun? That's just... so awesome! Nintendo's been really upping the cool factor with these Switch games, between this and possibly basing the story of Splatoon 2 on the outcome of a Splatfest, essentially decided by the players.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

FGPackers

Damn i can't believe i will not be able to play this Testpunch with all things they added. I'll wait this game with a lot of hype!!

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Haruki_NLI

Just noticed Kid Cobra has heterochromia...

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

meleebrawler

ahem So, I've made a few misconceptions about a few character's air dash mechanics that I'd like to clear up.

Twintelle can do a second air dash of sorts by holding a direction and punching after air-charging. THIS is when she becomes vulnerable.

Ribbon Girl can do an air dash after each of her multiple jumps, although she starts losing altitude quickly after doing a second dash onwards.

As for Hedlok, levels 4 and lower do not have the "hyper armour" that normally allows him to resist knockback and attributes (except maybe wind).

Haru17

The experience of how much better everything else is than V-Ball. Although I wish they had totated out 2v2 instead of free for all.

Anyway, Twintelle was fine. I'm still not keep on her becoming popular because she has hips, but I liked her extra curved punches and air charge. I think the trick with the slow mo is to toggle it on and off quickly to get out of the way of an attack. If you leave it on you'll just get punched in slow motion.

I'm still going to stick with Ribbon Girl though. I had a 2v2 match with all four Ribbon Girl alts that was just... graceful. I lost, but gracefully!

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

meleebrawler

Y'know, I was usually too focused on my matches with Twintelle to ever look at "that reason people play her that isn't gameplay". What struck me instead was her normal arms. They seem rather muscle-y, despite her not using them much.

ThomGee

Aww, I missed the latest Testpunch session because I slept in. Hopefully I can make the nest session.

ThomGee

My Nintendo: ThomGee | Nintendo Network ID: WakerOfWindsHD

Maxz

@meleebrawler They're just to taunt you.

"Yeah, I've got pistons that could take down a rhino, but I'm going delicately sip tea with them while my hair beats you up instead".

It must be quite easy to get ripped when you've got these things growing out of your head:

Untitled

Her slo-mo couldn't tempt me away from Spring Girl's multiple bounds, but there's no denying she's cool. Which makes her all the harder to lose to.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

jump

Does anyone know how to use Twintelle's slow mo?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

KirbyTheVampire

@jump I think it's by charging, although charging by guarding doesn't count as far as I know. I'm just trying to figure out how to use it effectively.

KirbyTheVampire

TuVictus

Man, I really love this game. Playing online with a friend locally is so fun because you guys feel like a team, and cheering each other on during the matches they're not together is so fun. Nintendo really nails it when it comes to local multiplayer. This game is definitely day 1for me now, they've convinced me

TuVictus

JaxonH

I skipped the 2nd Testfire. I was sold anyways, and played the last one so... ya.

Plus kinda want to wait for the game to release, so I can train up in single player before putting my head back under the guillotine in online play.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic